Concave Wheels...anyone got them yet?

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. I have seen some cutting in on the side of the spokes as well. It is hard to appreciate the concave look until you have seen one rolling in person. It is kind of tornadic/vortex/insane looking while rolling. Hard to appreciate standing still.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still haven't seen a set rolling yet.

A local guy has a set from 360 Forged Distributing that their rep Andy Wheeler, aka FlatOut on the VCA sold them, and they are incredible looking wheels. He found them back in the days one could view our awesome site sponsors wheels in an open forum. If anyone needs a set, I would PM Andy ASAP so he can get you a set of these gorgeous wheels.

KingSnake97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
let you know in about three weeks on my 97 gts. 20's lowered with eibach side exhaust 3 1/2inch tips. Black centers on polished lips. With the GenII's you can go deeper than on the GenIII's.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was gonna go with concaves on mine but after some research and speaking with 2 companies I decided not worth the money for the little bit of concave spokes allowed on a gen 3. Concave is best on Z06 or SS body kit vettes and of course the Murci:headbang:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was gonna go with concaves on mine but after some research and speaking with 2 companies I decided not worth the money for the little bit of concave spokes allowed on a gen 3. Concave is best on Z06 or SS body kit vettes and of course the Murci:headbang:

And gen 1-2 Vipers Wayne;)

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those 360's from FlatOut sure are good looking vendor supported wheels.:2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu:

Roffey

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wouldn't these be convex?

since the definition of concave is "rounded inward like the inside of a bowl"

and the definition of convex is "curved or rounded outward like the exterior of a sphere or circle"

or am I just being too anal?:dunno::crazy2:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't these be convex?

since the definition of concave is "rounded inward like the inside of a bowl"

and the definition of convex is "curved or rounded outward like the exterior of a sphere or circle"

or am I just being too anal?:dunno::crazy2:

Not anal, just confused. The wheels curve in to the center, which is concave. If the wheel curved outward, that would be convex.

OP
OP

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who has a 4 inch lip on their gen 2? I think the issue is the lip here, can't go over 3 inch from what I was told a while ago. I would like to see how much it sticks out. Also if weight wasn't an issue (these being the show wheels) could it b done than?

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who has a 4 inch lip on their gen 2? I think the issue is the lip here, can't go over 3 inch from what I was told a while ago. I would like to see how much it sticks out. Also if weight wasn't an issue (these being the show wheels) could it b done than?

I dont know the size of this lip, but it looks to be a 4 inch lip. These are iForged wheels. Obviously not a Concave wheel, but you mentioned a 4 inch lip and this came to mind being its a Viper. This is a 19x10 F and 20x13.5 R setup.

You must be registered for see images

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Im in the minority when it comes to the 10 spokes, but I actually really like them and one reason being is because they have a concave look to them. Also, they look really good when the car is lowered.

What's wrong with the stock rims? ;)

OP
OP

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know the size of this lip, but it looks to be a 4 inch lip. These are iForged wheels. Obviously not a Concave wheel, but you mentioned a 4 inch lip and this came to mind being its a Viper. This is a 19x10 F and 20x13.5 R setup.

Okay let me rephrase the question. What is the biggest lip that can be done on a gen 2 viper? :rolaugh:

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These are another set of ADV.1...agreed, they look terrible. They are almost 100% flat, but not in a good, one piece Monobloc kind of way :lmao:

Love the color scheme on that white Viper :). Was actually gonna do that except with matte black center. Anymore pics?

Bat™

OP
OP

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found this pics online. sorta kinda have the concave effect going in the rear...

Wheel'$ForLe$$

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah not really, those are monoblocs, we need something deep in the rear like on the vettes

Last edited:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
97snk your set will have a much deeper concave than the gen 3 Viper sets. Just like the huge lip on the gen 2 cars on our 3 piece wheels the concave will be more pronounced on the gen 2 Viper. Only problem with concaves on a Vette is that there on a Vette ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950