corsa or borla exhaust

mannan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what sounds better and deeper the corsa or borla exhaust.

thanks mike

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gota have headers if u want a better sound,then get corsa

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Everyone who has either one seems to love their choice. Why? They BOTH sound better than stock! I missed the year of your Viper..... it matters! The gains and benefits are more pronounced in 03-06......

That said..... the Borla <quality vs Corsa is obvious when you see them side-by-side. The price reflects as well.

The Borla is a hot-rod-drone-resonanating sound......poppy decel sounds vs a burble. Some owners love it...many wifes HATE it, and wont ride any more. (Good Thing for some?)

Corsa technology isolates and CANCELS the uneven frequencies to 'mellow-out' the drone. None. Sounds great at WOT, and decel-burble is wonderful.

We offer both, at competitive prices. So do several VCA Sponsor-vendors here. PLEASE support one of us, and not just flea-bay-bottom feeders on price alone. And flea-bay can have inferior-fit, years-old stock from a couple major parts wholesaler bankruptcies.

Know Your Vendor.....Thanks.

Last edited:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the Corsa's have a raspier sound? More raspy than deep?
The Corsa has what I call an aggressive sound over stock, not raspy? it is a well worth product and the fit and finish is really good. Saves a little weight too. Buy it from -The PartsRack- as he has the best pricing by far.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And NO DRONE with the Corsa.
It can be deafening at certain RPM's with other brands.

christo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think borla, I like the sound of it. but i heard the corsa on a video on http://www.topspeed.con and it sounds nice too. I guess it depends on the year and sound you are going for.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
neither one. Belanger setup with headers is the best sound, period.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
One of the problems with Borla is the inconsistent components thay are made from, year to year.
The sound varies! On a Gen 2 there are 3 possibles.

As for "Raspy" rep of Corsa.... prior to 2001, they were all 2.5" and those were much more 'raspy' sounding than the later 3" models. All Corsa Vipers 2.5" were discontinued yeasr ago, but it is possible that old-stock or older Vipers would have this for you to hear!

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did the full belanger header/exhaust and VERY HAPPY with it. Sounds a lot better than the corsa's i've heard...in my opinion.

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard the borla setup on an 08 and I actually liked the deeper sound of it better then the more raspy Corsa on my 03. Both had the factory headers. The tips weren't as nice on the Borla.

One thing I was surprised with is the expansion of the Corsa exhaust when heated up. It goes from the center of the side sill holes cold to about a 1/4" from the rear of the side sill holes when heated. Seems like a good 1/4" to 3/8" shift until it cools back down! :crazy2:

Hoodoo Man

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did the full belanger header/exhaust and VERY HAPPY with it. Sounds a lot better than the corsa's i've heard...in my opinion.

I'm planning on getting an '08 or '09. Anyone have thoughts on how the full belanger header/exhaust system compares to the belanger header/corsa exhaust combo?:dunno:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
prdatr,

"I'm planning on getting an '08 or '09. Anyone have thoughts on how the full belanger header/exhaust system compares to the belanger header/corsa exhaust combo?"

Sound and volume are similar - we recently tested both. Both make about the same hp / tq. Check the archives. There is a big difference in sound between the 2003 - 06 cars and the 2008 - 09 cars.

The Corsa system eliminates most of the drone. The 20 inch Magnaflow muffler included with Lou's system does not cut the drone and can be obnoxious for many.

Check my post: ACR on the roval at ACS Fontana to hear a 2009 with Belanger headers, Corsa Track, high flow cats, K & N filter and Mopar race controller. I think you'll like it. Sound is very deep at idle, quiet at cruise - you can hear the radio and actually hold a conversation while cruising.

Dan

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the Corsa and Randon Tech cats on my "06", no drone and great drivability. My 06 obviously has the side discharge and the cabin noise created with the Belanger was an unattractive option. If you want Max noise purchase the Belanger, if you want to control the noise purchase Corsa…. Contact JonB at parts rack, he will help you spend your money wisely…

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotsa and roe cats are the way to go. If you would a sample of the sound I will post a quick video.

Hoodoo Man

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Corsa system eliminates most of the drone. The 20 inch Magnaflow muffler included with Lou's system does not cut the drone and can be obnoxious for many.

Check my post: ACR on the roval at ACS Fontana to hear a 2009 with Belanger headers, Corsa Track, high flow cats, K & N filter and Mopar race controller. I think you'll like it. Sound is very deep at idle, quiet at cruise - you can hear the radio and actually hold a conversation while cruising.

Dan
[/quote]

Thanks, Dan. I'm sold.:drive:
Larry

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Borla cat-back on two cars right now and had it on my 97 GTS as well. With Borla you can go just cat-back and have a fantastic sound all the time not just at WOT and that decel popping is really awesome, with Gen 1 you can even get some flashing from the tips. No need to change other parts or do any welding, easy direct replacement fit. And you can change the tips for the look you want if you order from Borla direct as opposed to going with the kit tips which are the simpler tips. In my opinion Corsa is for vettes. If you are looking for a great muscle car sound Borla is the way to go. It sounds "MEAN"! Plus its great fun to drive through parking garages and make everyones alarm go off:2tu: