Dan Blacks DLM Viper the Fastest TRUE street car Evan Smith has EVER tested

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Way to go Dan! Looks like you've got yourself ONE HOT SNAKE!!

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would like to see pictures please..
smile.gif

very nice runs!! those trap speeds are incredible!! conradulations to dan black and doug levin, although i think this is only the beginning..

- eddie -

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
suuuuuuuuuuuweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

10.8x at 138?? Holy cripes.. What would one assume if Evan would've gotten used to the car and launched with a 1.6 or 1.7 60ft and hit everything else perfect? Makes you wonder huh? Do I see a 10.5 at 140?

Dan, way to represent!!!!!

Gerald

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Just think how much faster it would go with one of these on the back of it...

72evan.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laughing2[1].gif
rofl.gif
laughing2[1].gif
rofl.gif

Is that on the back of 1bad's car??

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
Ghuch it is easy to talk but the fact of the matter is you have never seen the man drive to comment one way or another.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Relax 1bad, nobody's thrashing your messiah. Hell, if I were half the driver he is, I'd start marketing those Evan Fish.

Don't be a party pooper. Just keep proppin' him so we can continue to have some harmless fun.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MES:
Good to see a blown Viper laying down impressive times. How much HP did it dyno at?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think it was around 750 rwhp.. cant recall the torque..

- eddie -

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sheyster:
So using the .1 on 60' equals .15 on ET rule, we can predict that he would run 10.1-10.2 with real tires on there. Not bad at all for a "level 1 +".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

2.02-1.8= .22 retry your math
Nice runs

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
Ghuch it is easy to talk but the fact of the matter is you have never seen the man drive to comment one way or another.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take it easy, baby! Evan is the man, Doug Levin is the man and Dan has a rippin' fast car. We just like to break your balls.
laugh.gif

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sheyster:
Tony,

My math is right on (Math major).
wink.gif

I'm assuming he can cut .5 seconds on the 60' time. Since every .1 off 60' yields .15 off ET, 5x.15=.75 and 10.9-.75=10.15 ET. This is why I stated 10.1-10.2 ET. Sheesh! Some people!
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sheeeesh!! Math Majors.....I don't care if you count the BALLS on ducks, you still have no reason to pull numbers out of your a$$. Here are the sixtys you had to work with: "Originally posted by 1bad gts: 2.02 I also saw a 1.8 (aborted run due to wheel hop.)" These are the numbers in your post and you said nothing about any other imaginary numbers. So I say again: 2.02 minus 1.8 = .22 .... 2.2 x .15 = .33 .... 10.9 minus .33 = 10.57 by your conversion which is reasonable. Lots of smiley faces here so don't get real bent out of shape.
smile.gif
smile.gif

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DgeViper1:
Tony, I think the point he was making was that taking the stock pilots off the car and putting my ET streets on, would yield much better 60ft's. Much better then the 1.8's discussed earlier. The 60ft's could easily be 1.50's with a good driver. Now do you math. Let me know the ET you come up with. Take your 2.02 - 1.5 and make the calc.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Easy Dan, I wasn't slamming your car, NICE and FAST it is..yes..very!!! If you go back and look at his post you can see where I got the 2.02 - 1.8.....Now I went back and looked myself and on this 20th time looking I got that where he said real tires he meant et street or the same type (hooking tires). The times I had looked at it before I saw real tires and automatically thought radials=real tires. The phrase real tires could go either way depending on the context. I do now see were Sheyster was assuming......well I will stop ther before you guys get madder at me
smile.gif
Sheyster....there you go...if you speak 4th grade math....then I can understand, I'm having to use family members fingers and toes to do all this figeeereen!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, congrats on the car and the runs! That's really an insane time and power level for a stock-appearing, stock-sounding car. You've got the ultimate sleeper!

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The "Black cloud" has lifted!

Time to write a book! For those that don't know, Dan has been involved in the supercharger arena for years ... thus the nickname ....

UNTIL NOW!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So one key question (from a different thread) -- did Evan do smoky burnouts to heat up the stock radials before his runs, or just a brief dry hop to clean them off?

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great running car. Nice to have the power on tap all the time. Let us know if we can read about the test day. DLM builds a true street car that makes good power on or off the track. Dans car may note be a race car but it sure aint no slug! This is only the beginning of good things to come.

Good reading
Max

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Dan. I guess its ok to mention that I do read Mustang Muscle and Fast Ford on a Viper board
smile.gif

Max

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe:
You are one to talk about people and their driving capabilities. With the knowledge and expertise you have about a viper you could not even fill a thimble. At least Tom has gone out, learned alot about the car and made changes to get the time where he wants it to be. Now you on the other hand sit back, talk all the smack about a viper and just make yourself look like a bigger *** . Keep up the good work.....

P.S. Tell the Nases and Welcome Back Kotter I said HI!!!!!!!!

Mark H.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe:

Your right... I have not been around in a while. Every since I got out of the racing business (which means going as fast as you can in a 1/4 mile) I just sit back and laugh at all of these so called racers and so called tuners that think they know what it takes to run the time but for some reason or the other they always fall short. Dont bring up Mr. Evan now, I tried for several years to race your car motor on motor at several events but for some reason you never showed up. I hauled that ole Gen I RT/10 all over the United States looking for takers but they were all like you, either to busy or had some other excuse... For now, I leave the racing to you keyboard typers and will just read and enjoy...

Mark H.
(out of the racing business)

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 9secRT:
Joe:

Your right... I have not been around in a while. Every since I got out of the racing business (which means going as fast as you can in a 1/4 mile) I just sit back and laugh at all of these so called racers and so called tuners that think they know what it takes to run the time but for some reason or the other they always fall short. Dont bring up Mr. Evan now, I tried for several years to race your car motor on motor at several events but for some reason you never showed up. I hauled that ole Gen I RT/10 all over the United States looking for takers but they were all like you, either to busy or had some other excuse... For now, I leave the racing to you keyboard typers and will just read and enjoy...

Mark H.
(out of the racing business)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark my hat is off to you!
hail[1].gif

You must be registered for see images

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
huh? i thought that treynor's dlm stage 4+ ran a 11.x at 140+ with missing 3rd and just plugging 4th.. i am sure the owner will do a shameless plug here, but which part am i missing?
supergrin.gif

alex
02 gts
few other cars

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

Nice runs..very powerful car. You should be proud.

Ole' 1Bad..I guess I can't help but like the guy..as he reminds me of a kid in one of my elemetary school classes. He thought he was batmans sidekick. He wore batman clothes as often as he could, had a batman lunchbox with little batman magnets that he would stick to the outside of it, and of course batman was the greatest of superheros in his book and nothing--I mean nothing could convince him otherwise.

I understand your situation, Joe. I wish sometimes that I had followers like yourself.

I would like to offer Dan the following..I'd like to make the same amount of passes in Dans car at Beech Bend as were made in it at the closed session one car magazine test track last week. If I can't beat a 10.85 I will post on this forum that Joe(1bad)is the undisputed drivers agent of the United States. What do you think of that idea?

Tom

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say put Albert Choubler behind the wheel! He got a 9.6 driving himself! Which is the best in the LAND!

Congrats Dan! You definitely have a monster on your hands!

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Dan,

Sorry I missed your IM, I was out. I definately do not want anything unfair. I will have a set of wheels with pilots on them. In reality though, I doubt that time will present itself for us to do this test. Once you are satisfied with your times on E.T.'s and if time permits, Id love to make a pass or two on stock tires, as I believe faster times are there for the taking.

See you there.

Tom

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DgeViper1:
I think my car is a low 10 sec car with slicks and a good driver. Not a high 9 sec car. It may be too slow for Albert. But if he thinks he can pull a 9 out of it...Im willing to give it a shot.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dan,

When do I get a chance to drive it?

But, if you prefer we can put Albert in there with a neck-brace and let him click off some nines
smile.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing you at VOI!

Doug

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben thanks. Im not so sure about the "stock sounding" part though. It has this kind of whistling sound that i cant figure out. Anyone know where that might be coming from?
cool.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That "whistling" sound is probably more like a "hissing" sound from the 800 p*ssed off snakes under your hood.
laugh.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960