Day on the Dyno - Intake, Exhaust, Tune Results

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are a few vendors who sell them I'm sure. You've gotta find a good reputable tuner who can get your car on the dyno and tune it too!

Good luck.

I guess there lies the problem. After moving Back to Hawaii, I have no idea where a dyno is let alone a good tuner. Is the sct setup hard to understand or learn? I use to fool around with a vec 2 when I had roe blower gen 2.

Thanks again.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you get any weights of your viper while at the shop...interested

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a few vendors who sell them I'm sure. You've gotta find a good reputable tuner who can get your car on the dyno and tune it too!

Good luck.

There are a few but I got mine from Dan at Viper Specialty. He is a very good tuner and works with your dyno results and makes changes for minor or major changes. My gen 3 below:

You must be registered for see images

Sorry about the squiggly line but you get the point.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess there lies the problem. After moving Back to Hawaii, I have no idea where a dyno is let alone a good tuner. Is the sct setup hard to understand or learn? I use to fool around with a vec 2 when I had roe blower gen 2.

Thanks again.

Im on oahu..contact bsm performance. ask for bodie..808225 5411

they are the best domestic shop on island and have a dyno...my car will be their on monday for dyno ect

OP
OP

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a few but I got mine from Dan at Viper Specialty. He is a very good tuner and works with your dyno results and makes changes for minor or major changes. My gen 3 below:

You must be registered for see images

Sorry about the squiggly line but you get the point.

That's some major aliasing going on in that dyno. What's up with the readout?

Also, at 12.44 AFR are you all motor? It's OK to run that high, but I like to see the boosted cars closer to 11.8 or so. All preference I guess.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's some major aliasing going on in that dyno. What's up with the readout?

Also, at 12.44 AFR are you all motor? It's OK to run that high, but I like to see the boosted cars closer to 11.8 or so. All preference I guess.

Those runs were BEFORE final tuning... it hasn't gone back on the Dyno yet.

I don't know what happened on that particular run as I wasn't there, but it was the only odd one like that if I recall from the copies I received.

OP
OP

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those runs were BEFORE final tuning... it hasn't gone back on the Dyno yet.

I don't know what happened on that particular run as I wasn't there, but it was the only odd one like that if I recall from the copies I received.

Yea no offense intended. I've never seen our dynojet do that, only reason I asked. I am in the measurements field for a living and just surprised to see such a regular wavelength/amplitude on a dyno. Looks like a shielding or loose connection issue; that or some sort of interference.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a loose lead. I only posted it because it gained a few HP. All NA. Corvette injectors and wires. Lambp intake and exhaust. Porsche throttle body. Mata air filter.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to add a little humor there. Actually its a Paxton setup. I'm very happy with the results as far. A little more tweaking and we're there. Dan at VSP did the advised me from the start thru tuning and has been extremely helpful all along the way.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It was a loose lead. I only posted it because it gained a few HP.

Cheater. Not everyone is going to be putting them on loose, pointing the air nozzle at the intake, sucking on the Baro sensor on the Dyno so it thinks it is on Everest, and running on the rollers along with the car for that extra "ooomph". ;)

I still don't believe you... those peaks are just when your feet were hitting the rollers.:lmao:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheater. Not everyone is going to be putting them on loose, pointing the air nozzle at the intake, sucking on the Baro sensor on the Dyno so it thinks it is on Everest, and running on the rollers along with the car for that extra "ooomph". ;)

I still don't believe you... those peaks are just when your feet were hitting the rollers.:lmao:

The bottom of my sneakers were on fire that day!
:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

OP
OP

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
15 rwhp on a gen3...close to 20 rwhp on my gen2

I would see that being reasonable.

Who has a set of factory exhaust connection pipes (cats) that I can weld in a straight pipe and test it on the dyno? I'd likely weld one set at a time, so comparison of both sets of cats, 1 set of cats and no cats.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to mention weight savings. if memory serves each cat weighed in at a hefty 20 pounds on my gen 3 and the replacement straight pipe weighed in at 7 pounds each side. so 26 pounds weight savings and again if memory serves 15 rwhp on the dyno. i was more impressed with my 99 viper by straight pipeing the cats. 20 rwhp gain and that was the only mod for that dyno run ...

99 rt10 400 stock
410 with smooth tubes and kn filter
422 with harland sharp rockers
440 with straight pipeing the cats
445 with aem tune

2003 srt10 hasnt been so lucky but of course it started at 445 stock

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ooops..18 rwhp. still great result

03 srt10

457 with kn intake and harland sharp roller rockers

then sold the kn air intake (dont ask why) and put on stock filter with kn filters

476 with stock intake and kn filters/roller rockers/sct canned one size fits all tune/findanza flywheel/underdrive pulley/titanium exhaust with cat delete

i did just the cat delete on a differant srt10 and gained 1.5 mph and 1 tenth with quarter mile testing

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow this is great info. I just did the K&N (no tune) I was going to do some Corsa exhaust but now.... I think I'll do some shocks first on my 06.

OP
OP

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow this is great info. I just did the K&N (no tune) I was going to do some Corsa exhaust but now.... I think I'll do some shocks first on my 06.

Deleting the crossover pipe greatly improved interior heat, but I didn't even notice a significant change in exhaust tone.

Best of luck!

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly is the Corsa Exhaust, Is it a catback system with high flow catalytic converters?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss