Debadging the viper

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With every car I've ever had, I've pretty much debadged everything. Not only is it easier to clean/wax, I just like how simple it looks. I took the badges off the rear bumper, but decided to leave them on the side sills. For some reason, and I don't know why, they actually add to the cars look instead of taking away...if you're looking for a change, how about buying a contrasting color, or colormatched depending on what you have

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good choice. Grab a hair dryer and soften the glue.

-Use dental tape or fishing line to help loosen and raise the emblems....
-Be careful if you pull the shield-badges...tipping them too much CAN poke the paint !
-Have a place for the warm emblems ready: Trunk, Sills, Rear glass, underhood etc...
(Or be like me, DONT plan ahead, and have em on the garage fridge for a decade+!)
Adhesive remover is a must afterwards.

"Bullnosing" a Viper !

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
slate_06_002.jpg

slate_pc_eurotecks_007.jpg

I think the car looks "cleaner" w/o the badges. IMHO

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally have always removed badges from everything I’ve owned ….except the Viper. I like the look of the care with the badges, I don’t feel they detract from the vehicle in the least.

wing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A little cutting and pasting on the side of mine

Attachments

• PICT0051.jpg
    PICT0051.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 100

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome!!! I did it on my Jeep and I'm going to do it on the viper now too:) I've always wanted to buy a cheap used Mercedes and buy the S for it:)

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think emblems, not overdone and done right, adds to the car's look. I think they can break up the "slab sided" look. I think the Viper's emblems add to the car.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking about removing the viper srt-10 badging on the sides. What do you guys think I should do.

Use a plastic razor blade and a heat gun to pull them off.

Rosonol lighter fluid (or equivalent) to get the glue off the panels.

Apply wax and enjoy!

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me the car shouts, "Viper" just fine by itself. I took off the silver SRT10 badge in the side, I thought they looked plasticy and cheesey, and replaced it with black (actually dark grey) and it looks great. I left the "Dodge" and "Viper on the back bumper, as they are already color matched to my black beast.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I had mine off last year as I needed to wait for the paint to settle prior to the final wet sand/buff. Thought that it looked a bit bland and was happy to get them in place this year. I chose to leave off the SRT10 for my Serpent:

cal_chrome_5_spoke_Large_.JPG

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone takes off their badges and doesn't know what to do with them I would be happy to take them.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Took the nose emblem off my black RT/10, changed the side emblems to chrome, removed the emblems from the rear.

Looks much better that way.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR that I should be getting does not appear to have the Dodge or Viper Emblems on the back bumper:

You must be registered for see images

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR that I should be getting does not appear to have the Dodge or Viper Emblems on the back bumper:

Wow you haven't gotten it yet? Any idea when you will get it? I would go crazy waiting :omg:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are right, I just looked at the pictures I took of Herb's VOI X car and his does not have the badging on the rear.

OP
OP
S

sambo32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took the emblems off the rear of my 09 red viper, and think it looks better. Still debating on the removal of the side emblems.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No stinking badges......

Attachments

• 09SRT10Coupe_0003.jpg
    09SRT10Coupe_0003.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 09SRT10Coupe_0002.jpg
    09SRT10Coupe_0002.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 54