Did the Viper and USA proud this weekend!

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has heard of this event before, but I went down to Indy to compete in the Winged Warrior IV event. It consisted of a car show, auto-x, and drag racing. Its pitted American cars againd Japanese cars. The event was broken down into classes, with Top Gun being the highest class. Thats the class we entered. I took care of the drag duties, and my buddy Stuey handled the auto-x. He did Ok in auto-x. With it being his first time competing in the car, he did very well Id say. He was also the first to spin on the track! (And we were the second to last run group! ) We took second in the car show, which suprised me, seeing as how the Viper is a "driver". ;) But, saving the best for last, I won the over all drags for Team USA! I made it through eliminations pretty easy. In the finals, I was lined up with a heavily modded EVO(the finalist for Team Japan) He was .5 seconds quicker than me all day, but I treed the hell out of him in the finals, and he couldnt catch up. I was told that I was the first domestic to win the top class in drags ever! We dont have the results of the auto-x yet, nor which team actually won. I know I won 5 extra bonus points for Team USA with the drag win, and Class A a domestic won as well, so it should be a close battle. Here are a few pics from the event. I recommened this to anyone who can go next year. It was a blast!
You must be registered for see images

See that tire smoke? Thats from the front wheel....anyone else ever have to drag race with a square tire? :D

Team USA vs. Team Japan Drag Finals

My buddy Stuey receiving the TOP GUN drag trophy on behalf of Team CSC. :top:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS to you and your friend as well!!!!! GOOD for you, gorgeous GTS you got there! Thanx for posting and the pictures as well...kudos! ~juli

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the performance this weekend! I wish I could have stopped by the event since it isn't too far away... maybe next year. This may be weird but I get the feeling I've met that girl in the last pic before, she looks familiar.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1st of all, CONGRATS ON THE WIN!!!!!!!!

2nd of all, we need to get more Vipers to this type of event. With the power and performance these cars have; vipers could crush most everything in it's way.

Send a TT Viper with a pair of 67’s set a LOW boost for the AutoX, then High Boost for the drag race. Also the car show would be cake with the bling under the hood a pair of hairdryers give.

OP
OP
G

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My best was 11.9XX Track prep was just ok, not great, couldnt get better than a 2.0 60' Traps were 123 though, so it was moving. My PB in the car is 11.7. The evo I ran was running 11.4 all day. We al had 4 runs to get our best ET. Then we ran an elimination style tourney for the finals. We lined up for the finals, I nailed my RT and looked over and saw me a fender in front. At that point I knew i had him. His 11.4 was all based on his 60'. Once he blew his launch, I knew he couldnt catch up. I was just screaming, DONT MISS A GEAR! :D So the Evo ended up with first for best ET, and I ended up with the overall win for Drags because we were racing heads up. Its weird, I got a huge first place trophy for the drags....and a small 2nd place one for drags....:rolaugh: