DIY "KNG" Diffuser Blades Write Up

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just received some more photos of a recent install. I have to say the color of this car is just plain awesome.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything is in place to make the next batch of blades, 3 more pre-orders would be greatly appreciated so that I can keep providing this product to the Viper community. Also while I am back in Virginia I am going to find the cost to have the blades powdercoated black to see if it will be feasible to sell them. Obviously the price will reflect this. If it is cost efficient I will have them all powdercoated.

Also enjoy another set of blades installed by me for one of my locals. The angle he took the photos out makes the blades appear to have an inwards pitch. They actually are pitched slightly outwards like an oem SRT Viper.

Last edited:

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for installing the blades for me. They look great! Ill get some better pics when I take the car outside just havent had the time. Seeya at the xmas party!
Martin

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more preorder to go and the order will be placed for the blades. Were looking at an availability time of Dec 24th so they will ship by the end of the year.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4th preorder received. Blades will be placed back into production. I am hoping to offer these powdercoated in black this time around but the price will reflect that. I will have quotes and make a decision after Dec 18th.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just picked up the latest set of diffuser blades and I am now shipping them. These blades are moving much faster then anticipated so I definitely appreciate it.

Monday I will be going to the powder coaters to get a quote and potentially get some of the sets powder coated so expect pricing to be posted for that.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
azvipermike, check your PM's.

I just got back from the powder coaters. Best price I could get was 5 dollars per blade.

Prices as follows
4 blades shipped 100
6 blades shipped 140

4 blades black satin powder coat shipped 120
6 blades black satin powder coat shipped 170

payment can be made to [email protected]

1 week delay on the powder coating since it was just dropped off today.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok well the powder coated blade orders have really been taking off. I have 2 sets of 4 black powder coated blades available. If you want a set or intend on wanting a future set powder coated let me know now so I can drop off some extra blades that I have to get them done as well. I need to know asap since I head back to RI after the first of the year and I still have some time to turn in a couple more sets to get them done.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over half of my order have been sold already.

Inventory remaining

2 sets of 4 blades powder coated satin black, can be split into 1 set of 6 blades

2 sets of 4 blades bare aluminum, 1 set of 6 blades bare aluminum

Only 5 sets left currently

They are going pretty fast, about 1 set average per day

4 blades shipped 100
6 blades shipped 140

4 blades powder coated shipped 120
6 blades powder coated shipped 170

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would of liked to of had them powdercoated oh well... I guess it wasn't a option at the time good luck on the sales as it looks like a hit.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately the closest powder coater to me in Newport is 1 hour away and closes at 3pm every day. I don't get off early enough to be able to swing up there during the week and drop the blades off. That powder coater doesn't work weekends either. Since I am in VA for the holidays I have a couple powder coaters to choose from so I was able to get some sets in. Unfortunately the lowest I could talk him down to was 5 bucks a blade which is pretty expensive if you ask me, especially since I was going to get 30+ blades done. His price reduced the amount of blades I gave him to coat. I only powder coated some blades due to the overwhelming request for them. I have had my blades on my car for 1 year now and the only coating I put on them is rustoleum paint/primer mix spray paint in satin black. They don't get much damage being back there surprisingly. I don't even have a chip or anything.

Sales really have been moving. If they stay at the same rate as they are now I will have to have another batch made prior to leaving Virginia on the 2nd. That next batch won't have time for powder coat though.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last set of black powder coated ones went today. They are such a hit I might go ahead and get my remaining 4 sets coated. 4 sets remaining though.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last set of black powder coated ones went today. They are such a hit I might go ahead and get my remaining 4 sets coated. 4 sets remaining though.

Looks like I missed out? Please put me in for six powder coated blades... :santa:

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check PM ZYellow01RT.

I picked up the powder coated blades today and they have all shipped. Due to popularity I dropped off 2 more sets of blades to get powder coated today.

My remaining inventory

1 set of bare aluminum blades. I have 6 blades so I can do a set of 4 or 6

1 set of 6 and 1 set of 4 black powder coated blades. These were dropped off today and will not ship till next week. I can drop my remaining blades off to the powder coater as well if more are interested in the black ones but I only have 3 sets left.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM sent back. Count me in on those 6 black powder-coated blades.

Check PM ZYellow01RT.

I picked up the powder coated blades today and they have all shipped. Due to popularity I dropped off 2 more sets of blades to get powder coated today.

My remaining inventory

1 set of bare aluminum blades. I have 6 blades so I can do a set of 4 or 6

1 set of 6 and 1 set of 4 black powder coated blades. These were dropped off today and will not ship till next week. I can drop my remaining blades off to the powder coater as well if more are interested in the black ones but I only have 3 sets left.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 set of 4 black remaining. If someone wants a set of 6 black let me know asap so I can drop off my remaining plain blades before they do the sets I dropped off today.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All order shipped. Last 2 sets have been picked up from the powder coaters and are ready for immediate shipping. After these sets are gone I won't have any more till at least February timeframe.

120 for 4 black blades shipped
170 for 6 black blades shipped

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All blades have been sold. They will be put back into production after 4 preorders. During the preorder phase will be the only time that I offer them without powder coating. Prices as follows.

4 shipped no coating 100
4 shipped black powder coating 120
6 shipped no coating 140
6 shipped powder coated 170

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21