Does any car look good next to a GTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, I think you might be in the minority opinion here. I have seen a GTS parked next to a Carrera GT, LP640, and an Enzo. As much as I love the GTS, those other 3 cars blow it away. When you take attention to detail into account, build quality, engineering, interior details, paint, and other things...there is a reason why those cars cost the way they

With that said, even if I won 100 million dollars tomorrow, I would still have a GTS in my collection because I think it has as good of lines on it as any car. The exotic's just have that something extra that makes them, well, exotic. ;)
Could not agree more with your first paragraph. Well said. The GTS is awesome looking though and I miss mine.

kpham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
8 years ago I was thinking exactly the same. But over time it changed. Now I think a Diablo SV or Diablo GT, Saleen S7, Mercielago, and GTS-R looks way better than any GTS. A wide body NSX and mega-wide body porche would look compatible. Still I would never sell my GTS for any other car.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\

Hmmm so you're saying that I'm not allowed to buyan Enzo or a Murci? Thanks, but I thought about it and decided that I don't want to get ripped off for a car that gets its ass kicked by a stock $100,000 Dodge and every modified OLD GTS that looks so much better than everything (thread's subject) else.

I guess that you're idea is that a supercar is to "look at, polish and spend money on". The Doctor I bought my first GTS said that to me. I said, "Thanks for taking such good care of my car." IT IS A CAR. No drive means that you're using it as an exercise machine? waxing? Can't get any women if it's parked in your garage, eh? Guess "those guys that can afford them" have to drive around in Kias?

I could afford one of "them" but I'd buy a Ford GT as my second choice. Because with a pulley change, a set of Viper tires and it may have a chance at keeping up to the ACR. Besides they get better mileage. Even the Z06 gets decent mileage. I guess the North American engineers are just a heall of a lot smarter.

Ted

Our ideas of the exotics differ. I really doubt you can drop that kind of cash because you wouldn't be advertising it. :D But anyway, you also have to realize that up until the ACR, any of those cars would **** any Viper made. In a straight line, the ACR still gets *****. I know what you are saying about the reliability of an exotic, but you have to understand that the technology in those cars/motors is just a breath away from a race car. The people that buy those cars are a select few and don't drive them that much.

Last edited:

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Our ideas of the exotics differ. I really doubt you can drop that kind of cash because you wouldn't be advertising it. :D But anyway, you also have to realize that up until the ACR, any of those cars would **** any Viper made. In a straight line, the ACR still gets *****. I know what you are saying about the reliability of an exotic, but you have to understand that the technology in those cars/motors is just a breath away from a race car. The people that buy those cars are a select few and don't drive them that much.
While I certainly don't own an Enzo, one of my very good friends does along with the 599 GTB, the Scuderia and now the new Scuderia vert. I have driven the 599 and the scuds. These cars are extremely fast, but not "much much" faster than ANY Viper. That is an inexperience statement. I own a Viper and I have driven those Ferraris several times. I have not driven the Enzo because quite frankly I don't want the responsibility but the owner certainly has driven my Viper. The Viper has more low end torque and while the Enzo is ultimately faster, my friend has said the Enzo is not a lot faster.

As an enthusiast and not even a member, don't feel like it's your responsibility to educate anyone here in regards to the Viper performance, especially Ted. If he says he can afford these cars, who are you to say he can't? Do you know him? NO. Why don't YOU do this forum a favor, as you, a non-member, and possibly a non Viper owner, go sit in that corner with your biased remarks.

While you may think we are impressed with your "pretty extensive" background, there are tons of members on this forum that know more about exotics than you have ever read about. Granted, I am not one of them. My advice to you is to allow those on this club, in which once again you are not a member, to express their opinion, whether you think it's valid or not, about the Viper. Because, quite frankly, you have no right to do anything but that.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unfortunately, they are just a car as evidenced by the Enzo (owner lives in Kelowna, BC) that lit itself on fire this spring and burned to the ground on the side of the highway. Ouch, that hurt.

Ted

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I certainly don't own an Enzo, one of my very good friends does along with the 599 GTB, the Scuderia and now the new Scuderia vert. I have driven the 599 and the scuds. These cars are extremely fast, but not "much much" faster than ANY Viper. That is an inexperience statement. I own a Viper and I have driven those Ferraris several times. I have not driven the Enzo because quite frankly I don't want the responsibility but the owner certainly has driven my Viper. The Viper has more low end torque and while the Enzo is ultimately faster, my friend has said the Enzo is not a lot faster.

As an enthusiast and not even a member, don't feel like it's your responsibility to educate anyone here in regards to the Viper performance, especially Ted. If he says he can afford these cars, who are you to say he can't? Do you know him? NO. Why don't YOU do this forum a favor, as you, a non-member, and possibly a non Viper owner, go sit in that corner with your biased remarks.

While you may think we are impressed with your "pretty extensive" background, there are tons of members on this forum that know more about exotics than you have ever read about. Granted, I am not one of them. My advice to you is to allow those on this club, in which once again you are not a member, to express their opinion, whether you think it's valid or not, about the Viper. Because, quite frankly, you have no right to do anything but that.

LMAO dude you know nothing about me. I can promise you that if an Enzo raced a GTS or even an 08-up Viper, it would ****** it. I don't really care what you think either. Your pointless jabbering about stuff really has no technical backing. Oh and Ted can answer for himself, he doesn't need you swinging from his nuts does he? A non Viper owner? Yeah, I can promise you that my ride probably blows yours away as far as looks go. Oh and is there a broken record in here? You told me twice that I wasn't a club member. That was cute. No I am not a club member but who are you to question me because I don't spend $100 a year? Oh my background? How many heads have you ported? Motors built? Headers? Heads/cam swaps? Rear ends? I have done all of that stuff on Vette's, Viper's, LSx cars, and many others. Does that qualify me? Bet you have never even worked on your own car have you? :lmao:

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LMAO dude you know nothing about me. I can promise you that if an Enzo raced a GTS or even an 08-up Viper, it would ****** it. I don't really care what you think either. Your pointless jabbering about stuff really has no technical backing. Oh and Ted can answer for himself, he doesn't need you swinging from his nuts does he? A non Viper owner? Yeah, I can promise you that my ride probably blows yours away as far as looks go. Oh and is there a broken record in here? You told me twice that I wasn't a club member. That was cute. No I am not a club member but who are you to question me because I don't spend $100 a year? Oh my background? How many heads have you ported? Motors built? Headers? Heads/cam swaps? Rear ends? I have done all of that stuff on Vette's, Viper's, LSx cars, and many others. Does that qualify me? Bet you have never even worked on your own car have you? :lmao:
Thats what I thought "dude".

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what I thought "dude".

Great response. I see that you have nothing to say but comment on the fact that I used the word "dude" Thank you for proving what I already thought to be true about you. You don't know $hit about cars or working on them. You just come on here and blah blah blah. But, you are a club member so that makes you more knowledgable right?:lmao:

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great response. I see that you have nothing to say but comment on the fact that I used the word "dude" Thank you for proving what I already thought to be true about you. You don't know $hit about cars or working on them. You just come on here and blah blah blah. But, you are a club member so that makes you more knowledgable right?:lmao:
Yes it does.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With every post, you make yourself look more like a fool. I am getting PM's about how you in fact don't know **** about working on cars and that you just come one here and type away like you do. Oh and BTW, I don't even know who these people are that are PMing me. Why don't you stop while your ahead. :D

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on looks alone, I don't think there are any equals to the Gen 2 GTS.

Hmmm, I think you might be in the minority opinion here. I have seen a GTS parked next to a Carrera GT, LP640, and an Enzo. As much as I love the GTS, those other 3 cars blow it away. When you take attention to detail into account, build quality, engineering, interior details, paint, and other things...there is a reason why those cars cost the way they do.

It appears he is not in the minority. No big deal, you just have different taste and are probably biased by the performance of the cars you mentioned. I would bet that if all four cars you mentioned above were parked together, the average person with no knowledge of the cost, performance, age, etc. would prefer the looks of the GTS.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah very true. I think some people flew off the handle not realize that I have a black/black 199 GTS with a bunch of custom/performance mods. I love my car, it's just the Italian supercars are better IMHO. :D

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. EVEN MORE so if the GTS is yellow! :D:nana::D

See? ;)
DSC_2163.JPG
I am a big GTS fan, but that ACR blows it away IMO!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMMFAO you crack me up dude. People do NOT factor in filling their Lambo's/Ferrari's/CGT's up with gas when purchasing the cars. Do your really think that would be a factor? Do you really think the guys that can afford to own one of those cars pays for them monthly? You are out of your mind. BTW the only car bone stock that can hang with those supercars is the ACR. If you run into an Enzo on the highway in a bone stock anything Dodge makes, it will tear you a new ass all the way up to 220MPH.

It really cracks me up that you honestly think that upkeep, gas, and tune ups are on these peoples minds when buying these cars. Oh and how many people take those cars on a road trip? :lmao:
Exactly ,personally i have owned all four Generations of Vipers and alot of my friends own new Italian exotics and they could give a damn what upkeep costs ect are on them(hell they pay an additional 20 plus grand for the upgraded braking systems on their new 430s) To them its all in the pedigree of owning a Ferrari ,Lambo ect .I loved the timeless look of my Gen 2 fit and finish, quality wise to try to it compare to my buddys 360 Stradile is laughable.Performance wise they also dont care how great the Vipers numbers are as it is and will always be a Dodge.Good or bad they are in a totally different world.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wonder what a 199GTS is? Got any pics?

This is the VCA definition of beautiful..............

You must be registered for see images

I ported my heads last year before the wife and I drove cross-continent and back with a bunch of Washington VCA members and no tune-up.

Tito (Turbo Wax) is who supplied the cleaner and wax for my 47,500mi GTS

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets get something straight; Italy is not a country known for great engineers but rather for flash and good food. Their cars are not of such high quality as to be compared to German cars, for example. In fact, they are built like ****. When some of you bellow about how well made they are, you sound like 13 year olds who don't actually know a damn thing about cars. The one character who boldly stated that any Murcielago (actually he mis-spelled the name) or Enzo etc. would "**** any Viper", has a juvenile mentality and I would go as far as to speculate that he is a "grease monkey" with a stunningly low IQ. In actuality my GTS is faster than the Murci that I came across. Remember that they weigh in the neighborhood of 4000 pounds and are grossly lacking in torque in comparison to a Viper.

The subject of this post is that the GTS seems to always look better than anything it is parked next to and in my opinion, this is the testament of true automotive beauty. Opinions may vary but I have yet to see another car make a GTS look bad but have always seen the reverse.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS's are great looking cars. But lots of cars look BETTER than a GTS, like a lowered RT-10 :omg:, Carrera GT and Ford GT one of the best looking American cars made in modern years.:usa:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As much as a Ford GT rates much higher than all the Italians efforts, I don't think it's looks are that comparable to a GTS. I like the Ford GT looks, but the last Shelby concept was actually comparable to the GTS. Only one of those in existance though. Powered by a V10 even. That car should have been built - but it wasn't :(

Therefor I agree with Alexarz there's no comparable bodystyle.

Giampiero

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lets get something straight; Italy is not a country known for great engineers but rather for flash and good food. Their cars are not of such high quality as to be compared to German cars, for example. In fact, they are built like ****. When some of you bellow about how well made they are, you sound like 13 year olds who don't actually know a damn thing about cars. The one character who boldly stated that any Murcielago (actually he mis-spelled the name) or Enzo etc. would "**** any Viper", has a juvenile mentality and I would go as far as to speculate that he is a "grease monkey" with a stunningly low IQ. In actuality my GTS is faster than the Murci that I came across. Remember that they weigh in the neighborhood of 4000 pounds and are grossly lacking in torque in comparison to a Viper.

The subject of this post is that the GTS seems to always look better than anything it is parked next to and in my opinion, this is the testament of true automotive beauty. Opinions may vary but I have yet to see another car make a GTS look bad but have always seen the reverse.

First of all, I am italian ,and I own a 01 sapphire blu GTS,I own also a race F40 and a Gallardo plus a variety of other european classics(mainly jaguars and old porsche).I will like to disagree with your statement about the lack of engineers in Italy!!
As much as i like my GTS (not for the interior materials,or assembly,or quality in general) for the body shape,performance etc it cannot absolutly compare with the quality and engineering on the italian cars like Ferrari,Lamborghini or (even if the owner is from argentina)the Pagani Zonda.
I like the GTS mainly for its pure line that remind me of a Cobra Coupe of the 60(body built in Italy by hand!!)
Sorry for my poor english....

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How something looks is always a matter of opinion. If people don't agree upon how something looks they need to get over it. There's no right or wrong answer. It's just somebody's opinion.
:eater:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That picture says it all. GTS = pure SEX. The rest is fast & expensive. :D
4570d1248929070-does-any-car-look-good-next-gts-p15.jpg

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1N7hDUVCz4&NR=1[/media]

Man that is awesome.

Ted

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really, even this Gulf GT40 looks rubbish :rolaugh:

You must be registered for see images

Mark
:uk:

That is not fair parking a Viper next to a Ford GT in that color combo. :nono: I have seen that color in person and wonder what Ford was thinking. There is also a dark blue/ white stripe and a red/ white stripe Ford GT in my area and they look amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang