Dyno from VCA Round-Up

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had to share :2tu: I always knew my car was sweet! And yes my sig file is accurate for my car - no aftermarket headers, exhaust or computer!

picture.php

:drive:

ViperGal

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dyno had some issues (don't know specifics). Numbers were reading accurately but the spikes were ignored (spikes were the issue).

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dyno had some issues (don't know specifics). Numbers were reading accurately but the spikes were ignored (spikes were the issue).

If you scroll the page down to where it's even across the top, it looks like the trq is actually 52x trq, not 540trq (looking at the highest point in the trq curve, and ignoring the spike). 550whp is damn good though :D

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you scroll the page down to where it's even across the top, it looks like the trq is actually 52x trq, not 540trq (looking at the highest point in the trq curve, and ignoring the spike). 550whp is damn good though :D

Several Gen4's were in the low 550's hp and low 530's tq - I'd have to agree - very good for stock!

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a dyno expert but someone once told me that if you change rear gears that will effect the dyno run. Something about 4th gear no longer being one to one. Anyone know if this is correct. If it is then the higher HP is a direct result of the 3.33s.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4th gear stays the same unless you change the gear itself, if that were the case every vehicle would have to come with same rear gears wouldn't you think?

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4th gear stays the same unless you change the gear itself, if that were the case every vehicle would have to come with same rear gears wouldn't you think?

Yes the gear in the transmission doesn't change but the final drive ratio does when you change the rear end gear. Going up numerically (from 3.03 to 3.33) applies a torque multiplier and essentially lowers each gear. That's why you get more grunt out of each gear. 5th gear becomes more usable because you can now use it lower in the RPM range. 4th gear should have more torque at the rear wheels with the numerically higher rear end. Torque readings should definitely be higher and I would suspect so would HP.

Dyno operators do dyno pulls with the car in the gear that is closest to one on one (4th in the Viper). If what I said up top is correct if you take the same car and then change the rear end to a higher number your torque and HP on the dyno should increase. But as I said I'm not a dyno expert.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456