Dyno'd my rebuild

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if anyone remembers I was the proud owner of a wounded 2005 copperhead. I took it in to Sunshine Dodge in Melbourne FL, and they were advised to pull the motor, crate it, and ship it up to Arrow for a rebuild. Orig thread

Well, after 1000 miles strictly following the break-in instructions that came with the motor... I took it to a dyno. The car is completely stock except AB wires.

I'll scan the sheets at work tomorrow and update, but the results came back pretty good.

SuperFlow WinDyn 2.7
500.7 Tq at 4150 RPM
474.7 Hp at 5600 RPM

This was over two runs... Arrow does good work.

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great numbers!!! Did they do anything other than the rebuild to stock?!?!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
has to be flywheel, archer rebuilds an engine you send to him so it wasnt IN the car.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
has to be flywheel, archer rebuilds an engine you send to him so it wasnt IN the car.

He said
“Well, after 1000 miles strictly following the break-in instructions that came with the motor... I took it to a dyno. The car is completely stock except AB wires.”

That makes me believe that the motor was in the engine, driven for a 1,000 miles and then taken to a dyno by the driver.

Otherwise, what’s so impressive in making 474.7 Flywheel Hp on a car that’s supposed to make 500-510 Flywheel Hp from the factory.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
obviously i did NOT read the whole post...lol

you be right. it was on a dyno he drove to back home. VERY NICE numbers

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if anyone remembers I was the proud owner of a wounded 2005 copperhead. I took it in to Sunshine Dodge in Melbourne FL, and they were advised to pull the motor, crate it, and ship it up to Arrow for a rebuild. Orig thread

Well, after 1000 miles strictly following the break-in instructions that came with the motor... I took it to a dyno. The car is completely stock except AB wires.

I'll scan the sheets at work tomorrow and update, but the results came back pretty good.

SuperFlow WinDyn 2.7
500.7 Tq at 4150 RPM
474.7 Hp at 5600 RPM

This was over two runs... Arrow does good work.

Didn't read the whole original thread, but to summarize for us what was wrong with the motor that required a rebuild?

OP
OP
C

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't get the graphs scanned at work, was to busy to hunt down a scanner. I'll probably just go out and buy one, been meaning to get a scanner at home anyway.

Yes, that's Hp/Tq at the rear wheel, do whatever you want to figure out what the crank is... All I care about is at the rear wheels, anything else is just guessing. I'm pretty happy with the 474.7 Hp figure, considering it was about 90 degrees out with hella humidity and no blower fan on the car... It had to **** it's own air in through the stock filters. I just wanted to make sure the rebuild was good, and to get a baseline before I did anything to the car.

When I brought in the car, it was running pretty bad at 4200+ RPM. In a nutshell, the rings on the drivers side bank were hosed and that cat was carbon fouled. They sent the motor out for a rebuild under warranty and replaced both cats & O2 sensors. The full details with compression #s are in the first thread I linked if your interested.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Incredible numbers! Throw on some Belangers and a comp coupe cam and a reflash or VEC and you would be very close to Gen 4 numbers!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CPPRHD265 Great numbers! I know it's a hassle having to tie up your car for 60 days to send to Arrow but they come back great. You're the first Gen III I've seen posted, the difference is huge, 10% or more increase at the wheels! Arrow did my Gen I about 10 years ago, everyone told me it would be stronger, came back with an extra 20 plus @ the wheels.

Always makes me wonder does Arrow get them to the edge on emissions or what? Also, why don't they come that strong from Dodge?

OP
OP
C

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure why all the Arrow rebuilds seem to come back stronger...

Charts:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Discuss... :p

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are running the stock computer, there is still more in that engine. Talk to Sean Roe or Dan at DC. Nice numbers.

OP
OP
C

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing in the car that didn't come from Dodge is a set of AB wires. Everything else is original down to the filters.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In that case, send the dyno run to Dan or Sean. You will easily see another 20-30 hp and torque in the mid range which will be very apparent when driven.

Booztd 3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The chart looks pretty rich, which would indicate she's got some more power left untapped!

OP
OP
C

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's in the marketplace/performance section off the main page:

Link

And how they help?, well I dunno but they sure are purdy :p

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea my arrow rebuild 2003 dynoed 459 rwhp SAE on a dyno jet with KN filters and harland sharp roller rockers...Thought that waqs pretty decent..Especiallt since my roller rockers are the same 1.7 ratio as the stock ones

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21