electronic throttle control light

Plink

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any 1 have problem with "electronic throttle control light" & "engine malfunction indicator light" coming on after installing K&N Filter, Smooth Tubes & Air Box on thier 2008's? It's wierd, I drive the car for 20 minutes 3 seperate times (not hard top speed 50 mph) & both lights come on (70 F / 20 C) & I loose power. I stop, turn ignition off, start again, "electronic throttle control light" is gone but "engine malfunction indicator light" is still on. I continue, after stopping & turning ignition off, power is back, "electronic throttle control light" stays off after driving 20 mins home. "Engine malfunction indicator light" goes off after the car sits for a day. While driving to the dealer 20 mins on a cool morning (50 F / 10 c) no lights come on? But when temp is (70 F / 20 C) both lights come on?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any 1 have problem with "electronic throttle control light" & "engine malfunction indicator light" coming on after installing K&N Filter, Smooth Tubes & Air Box on thier 2008's? It's wierd, I drive the car for 20 minutes 3 seperate times (not hard top speed 50 mph) & both lights come on (70 F / 20 C) & I loose power. I stop, turn ignition off, start again, "electronic throttle control light" is gone but "engine malfunction indicator light" is still on. I continue, after stopping & turning ignition off, power is back, "electronic throttle control light" stays off after driving 20 mins home. "Engine malfunction indicator light" goes off after the car sits for a day. While driving to the dealer 20 mins on a cool morning (50 F / 10 c) no lights come on? But when temp is (70 F / 20 C) both lights come on?

The VENOM engine controller on the GEN IV's is VERY sensitive. Any changes to the car will usually throw a CEL. I would suggest switching back to the OEM filters and tubes. SRT spend a lot of time on the air intake and made sure it wwas as good as you could get it.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Doesn't surprise me a bit. All I have to do is remove the rain deflector and it does the exact same thing. :(

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stop driving it so slow!

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
The VENOM engine controller on the GEN IV's is VERY sensitive. Any changes to the car will usually throw a CEL. I would suggest switching back to the OEM filters and tubes. SRT spend a lot of time on the air intake and made sure it wwas as good as you could get it.
Hmm, I have the K&N and smooth tubes, but use the stock air box on my 09 and have never had a problem or thrown a CEL Maybe just the air box is the problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960