EXTREMELY disappointed with Sean Roe clutch adjustment

spdrcrj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some of you guys were pretty ******* 2tall. He made a disclaimer that his post was not ment to bash Sean Roe. His posts sounded logical, IMO. It sounds like he was just looking for some advice or to see if anyone else had these problems before he contacted Sean, to see if he had done something wrong or if there was a fix. I do want to thank all of you for posting positive info about Sean. When I return from my deployment and "upgrade" to a GTS. It will be nice to know who to go to for sound advise and good parts.
patriot.gif

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to have Sean as an instructor during a Justin Bell School in 2000. I also had him install several of his parts including the clutch linkage in question at VOI 6, and I have read many of his responses to questions on this board. In all cases he has demonstrated the knowledge and professionalism that everyone here is praising. Keep up the good work Sean!

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too Tall,
I did not see the information you deleted from your original post. However, I also had some issue with my clutch linkage not lowering the pedal "as advertised". I contacted Sean and he sent me instructions on further lowering of the pedal by adjustment within the pedal box. These instructions are NOT in the factory manual and were unknown to my VERY experienced Viper Tech. I posted his instructions, http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/015114.html

Sean,
While I feel the flame was unwarranted, perhaps you should ammend your instructions to include the pedal box adjustment.

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For those interested, there is another way to adjust the pedals relative to each other. Remove the screws from the lower dash panel above the foot well and remove the panel. Pull off the adjuster knob from the pedal mover. Remove the whole transmission block assembly that turns the pedal flex cables. For the pedal that you want to change, pull the interference washer off the flex cable,and remove the cable from the block. Now turn this cable to move the pedal to the desired setting, while the others remain stationary. Put the cable back into the transmission block with the interference washer, and reassemble in reverse order. Now when you move the pedals, they will hold this relative position. This change may slightly shorten the extreme travel limits of the pedal assembly, but it will give you a way way to reposition their relative locations. This works especially well for adjusting the accellerator pedal for better toe-heel performance.
Jerry Scott