ForumWars.TV, Royal Purple, and my SRT ACR

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wrapped up a guest apperance on the show ForumWars.TV on Saturday night at 8PM (shooting started at 6AM). I had the honor of representing the Viper Club of America. The event was filmed and sponsored by/at the Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown, TX (just outside Houston). I had an absolute blast. It was far more fun than I had anticipated. I hope I did the Viper Nation proud. There were many opportunities to show how beautiful and powerful the car is. I cannot discuss the results (and if you are aware of them...please do not post them on here), so don't bother asking. They asked me to use tires with a treadwear of 140 or higher so they could do their best to level the playing field (I used PS2s). There were some professional drivers flown in on behalf of their forums (we filmed the entire series in a day), so most of the drivers were very, very good. I was competing against a very well accomplished driver who was in a modified Z06 (cammed, full exhaust, racing suspension, and full Brembo brakes). I showed up in my 08 ACR with American Racing Headers and Corsa Exhaust, installed by ART in Buda. American Racing Tech in Buda busted butt to get me ready for this TV spot, so my hat is off to them, as we learned about this TV spot only recently.

I really can't say enough about how professional the crew and event was. I am still so very impressed they were able to condense a two day event into one...due to weather. The unfortunate part is the show will not be production ready for a while (April we hope), and we hope to see it on Speed TV. Season 1 wasn't nearly as well produced...due to budget I am sure. This time it was obvious that there was more money available. Lots of cameras...lots of interviews. I am so very excited to see the final product!

Cheers everyone :2tu:

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stupid they made you downgrade from stock tires

They were trying to solve the continual e-Whining that will likely never end about making the event a level playing field. If I really had a problem with their rules...I wouldn't have attended. The Viper is a phenomenal car no matter the tire choice! I should be asking Michelin for a sponsorship deal after the "smoke show".

I was/am very honored to bring this beast to a production that is all things automotive. Keep the faith that so long as people are interested in automotive sports our passion will live in an industry who is being currently defined by MPG statistics! Long live horsepower!

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad you and SW had fun but it is a shame that you weren't allowed to run the stock tires. I think for a show like this were people are driving modified vehicles that the owners should be able to run any DOT approved street tire that they chose.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you and SW had fun but it is a shame that you weren't allowed to run the stock tires. I think for a show like this were people are driving modified vehicles that the owners should be able to run any DOT approved street tire that they chose.

Agreed, especially in this case. SW doesn't roll on hard tires with his red Z06, that is his track baby. Seems both cars in the match should have just run any tire they wanted. BTW, results have already been mentioned on various forums. It really wasn't that big of a secret. ;)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no, just shows how good cardude and his ACR are to keep up with him and his driving skills.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no, just shows how good cardude and his ACR are to keep up with him and his driving skills.

Hmmmm #2. Sounds like it was a close battle with SW squeaking by with the win? LOL. I guess Ill have to wait till April to find out. Couldnt help but read between the lines on your posts:D Im hoping the ACR pulled it off. Either way two great cars and drivers.