Funny story.... could have been lame.

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As some of you know, some lady bumped into the back of my Viper. While it was getting fixed up, I had a few rental cars... Porsche 911 turbo, BMW M3, and a Lotus Exige. Either way... while I was driving the BMW (auto) I got pulled over just as I pulled off my street... apparently going 89km\h in a 60 zone. Like I do in my Viper, I always have the dash-cam going.... so I had proof in court that I was only going 85... and the ticket was thrown out. Either way.... I got my Viper back, and just before my wedding three weeks ago, I pulled out of my street behind a Honda Civic... keeping my speed reasonable, and came to rest at a red light. Looked in my side view mirrors, and saw a cop car behind me.... which looked like at first glance, he had his signal light on. I looked in my right side view mirror.... same thing. Ducked my head down to see if his lights were on, and I couldn't see em.... so I re-positioned my side view mirror so I could see better, and voila... a cop with his lights on is up my ass. Great! Well... I know I wasn't going over 65 this time!!! So I pulled over.

He comes up to my car, asks for my license and registration. I proceed to ask him what the problem was... he asked me to hold tight. After a couple minutes, he comes back, and says "Do you have any idea how fast you were going?" to which I replied "Yes sir, maximum 65km\h on that stretch.... behind a civic." then here's where it got weird.... he said "Yeah... yeah.... well, I clocked you going 64, then 68km\h." Then I looked at him with a perplexed look in my eyes and said "and?" and his response was "Well, It's not.... but it should be a crime to drive this car less than 70km\h.... especially driving behind a Civic." I laughed and said, "What?" and he said "how long have you had this car..." etc, and we did some small talk.... then he let me off saying that he just wanted to make sure all was good in paperwork, as a routine traffic stop... and to have a good day.

Hilarious.... first time I've ever been pulled over in my Viper, ever.... at least it ended well!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All's well that ends well but somehow I don't get the humor in a cop pulling you over, wasting your time (and taxpayers money) for his own amusement.
Guess it's just me.
I would have been pretty annoyed.

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All's well that ends well but somehow I don't get the humor in a cop pulling you over, wasting your time (and taxpayers money) for his own amusement.
Guess it's just me.
I would have been pretty annoyed.

Agreed. Good story to share with the mates over a pint...but I really don't get along with cops. I would have raised a stink I'm sure. Would have been a much better story that way. :D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad it ended well, but pulling you over wasn't the best call......

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad stop. It seems my only pulled over in the Viper story is less amusing. Apparantly Rhode Islanders like to snitch on people. I hopped on the road and let traffic get way ahead of me. I needed to do a 3rd gear pull to datalog my new tune. Did my run and 5 minutes down the road I get stopped. Cop says someone called and said i was doing well over 100. I never passed anyone nor got near another car. What the cop didn't know was he was 2 minutes too early because i was lined up to do a second log. I had cords everywhere on the interior etc so I started unplugging the laptop and turning it off very quick. Odd part is my boss saw me pulled on the side of the road lol.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather be pulled over by 20 cool cops who just want to see the car vs. 1 **** cop who just wants to thump his chest because he got to pull over a Viper and write him a ticket! Was it proper protocol? No. But since you were nice to him and not a ****, the next time he sees you doing 15mph over the limit, he may let it slide vs. popping the blue lights on and pulling you over for real.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most cops are into hotrods of some sort and either have one or want one

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Most of my buddies are cops, some of you have met my friend Doug. Believe me, most of them are car guys too. Doug sure is and has driven my Viper shall we say in a spirited fashion on more than one occasion. LOL

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an experience once when a motorcycle cop was riding next to me, both going around 40 mph, and he kept gawking at my ride and not paying attention to the road in front of him. The car in front of him slowed down and that cop almost plowed right into it...it was amazing that he was able to steer out of that collision at the last minute.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad stop. It seems my only pulled over in the Viper story is less amusing. Apparantly Rhode Islanders like to snitch on people. I hopped on the road and let traffic get way ahead of me. I needed to do a 3rd gear pull to datalog my new tune. Did my run and 5 minutes down the road I get stopped. Cop says someone called and said i was doing well over 100. I never passed anyone nor got near another car. What the cop didn't know was he was 2 minutes too early because i was lined up to do a second log. I had cords everywhere on the interior etc so I started unplugging the laptop and turning it off very quick. Odd part is my boss saw me pulled on the side of the road lol.
John, did he just give you a warning? Do you remember the Colonial Parkway cruise a couple springs ago when all the national park police were around every turn? Someone was probably being a "good citizen" and tattled on us. My V1 nabbed them all though, so they never got us doing more than 35. The one tricky cop was hiding beyond that "your speed is..." sign, but the V1 said there were 2 "bogeys" so it spotted him behind the signs radar. We passed him at 35 too.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be a cop someday, and I look at it like this. If I had no reason to pull you over, I wouldn't. The driver of that car may be busy, etc. I'd be wasting their time.

I think if the cop wants to chat and isn't pulling you over for a good reason, he should ask if you're in a hurry. But glad he was nice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss