Gen 1 cars.. I remember..

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So... I was there when these cars were a dream... (and the right age to wish..)..... Where are they now? Thousands were made.. Where are they now??? Geez, it's a $25k car!!! Let's start putting them on the road!!!!

I intend to help you guys who are storing them by driving the $hit out of mine!!! I'll enjoy it now, thank you, and hope for a better return for my other investments... !! LOL, I can't help it anymore. I want to drive it because it's so fun!!

(gen 1 drivers .. help me out!)

= J

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got one hiding in my garage :2tu:

And it has and will continue to be driven! :drive:

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stretch... bring it out!!

BTW, I love Yellow!! I searched for yellow but decided on a red viper because it was close and a good driver.. I've had two yellow cars... an MR2 and a minivan that I still have.....:omg::omg:

(My other gen1 s were red too) this is my third!!

= J

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stretch... bring it out!!

BTW, I love Yellow!! I searched for yellow but decided on a red viper because it was close and a good driver.. I've had two yellow cars... an MR2 and a minivan that I still have.....:omg::omg:

(My other gen1 s were red too) this is my third!!

= J

I have!

4,600 miles in 11 months and 1 day :2tu:

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I put 6k mi on my '94 this year .... I never went more than 2k on either of my last two..... (yep, I ****!?) Why??? I love driving this car!

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got right at 50K on mine.:drive: Have no plans on selling it. May be adding an 06 VOI9 coupe for company. Gen1 Viper........ birth of a legend.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put about 25k miles on my Gen. I in the 2 years I had it, and it wasn't a daily driver. I've put 2500 miles on my GTS in the first month, but 1500 was the drive back.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Early, you might consider moving your rear view mirror to the right. Not just so we can enjoy the vids, but it gives you more of a view in traffic intersections. I moving mine over and slightly higher, towards your suction cup thingy.

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drive mine as much as I can. I love it and can't get enough. jdeft...don't forget to call me on a Thursday or Friday if you get out near Culpeper. I want you to see my shop and I still want to hear your catless exhaust before I do mine. I may go with the muffler replacement instead of complete cat delete.
I've also got a great ASE mechanic that enjoys working on Vipers. My headgaskets are going to be our winter project and your assistance may be necessary since you already did yours. Don't mind if you look over my shoulder!

Greg :usa:

"I want to win Qualitywires.com!"

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Early, you might consider moving your rear view mirror to the right. Not just so we can enjoy the vids, but it gives you more of a view in traffic intersections. I moving mine over and slightly higher, towards your suction cup thingy.

Interesting do you have a pic of where you put it?

mr viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First off I'd like to say hello to the viper community! :usa:"my first post":) Okay, I have over 60,000 miles on my 95 viper. I drive my first gen every chance I get! :drive: For a 14 year old car, she sure turns alot of heads! :2tu:

Attachments

• DSC_0629.jpg
    DSC_0629.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 26

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 94 has 35k on it when i bought it it had 34k on it i have owned it about 15 months.it stays covered up in my garage. when i do drive it its awesome.

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Duh, I can't believe I didn't think of this as I sit at interesections trying to see around the mirror or get startled because I see something move in the mirror that I think is something coming from the right that I didn't see.
jdeft1 - sorry for the brief hi jack.

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So... I was there when these cars were a dream... (and the right age to wish..)..... Where are they now? Thousands were made.. Where are they now??? Geez, it's a $25k car!!! Let's start putting them on the road!!!!

I intend to help you guys who are storing them by driving the $hit out of mine!!! I'll enjoy it now, thank you, and hope for a better return for my other investments... !! LOL, I can't help it anymore. I want to drive it because it's so fun!!

(gen 1 drivers .. help me out!)

= J

Use that puppy up! Us other Gen 1 owners are going to need the parts to keep ours in top shape for Barrett Jackson in 2025 where you will probably pay us $100K to get another one. LOL

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Per Jay Leon; "Gen 1 is the greatest". All Vipers are fantastic but nothing can match the excellent experience that you get while driving in an open RT/10 on a great road. My early '93 Viper has been regenerated with PS2's and is now better then it ever was. It is 16 years old and still has a timeless, knockout design with excellent performance. Team Viper "Did it right", right from the start! Pat

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Pat,
greetings from Italy! You have 99 posts in 9 years!
So the next post is #100. :D
How about a picture of your "ZERO" MILES 1992?

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought the car with 19k on the clock about 7mos ago...have put on about 1500 miles. Would love to drive her more but hard to find the time. Thanks Dodge for an awesome sports car!!!