Gen V Drag Strip Results & C7 Corvette

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run the heater at max temp and set the fan on high in the staging lanes and during my runs. It's good for a few degree's off the engine temp.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome to see SRT being attentive to the issue. You must have some great connections. Can't wait to see the results.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Nine Ball. I should have asked this before but it just occurred to me. Was the car at all modded when it ran? If so, could the mod or mods have caused what occurred since the programming is so full of protective algorithms due to mandatory EPA requirements? Same questions for Jack.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nine Ball,

Thanks for the update. I would love to talk to these guys, especially regarding the pulling of HP and Torque on the Dyno.

The day I ran the dyno the IAT never exceeded 90 Degrees and the OAT was about 75 Degrees and plenty of cool down time.

Did you ask about the ABS/ECS/Stability Control issue? Didn't you say you had that issue when doing your burnout with the lights coming on? That would mimmick what I saw on the dyno and would quickly clear just driving the car forward about 20 feet after unloading from the dyno.

I will be back stateside Thursday night and would very much appreciate a brief discussion with them.....or in my absence I would be happy to have you represent my issues with them via a conference call. You have my dyno sheets already.

Thanks,

Tom

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, my car is stock, other than rear tires. But the tires are OEM height also.

Tom, my car never threw any dash lights. They did say that pressing the brake and accelerator could trigger an ABS code and reduce power though, but I got no light for that.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would not get a CEL for ABS issues, it is not emissions related. You may see a soft code with a scan tool..

Bob, my car is stock, other than rear tires. But the tires are OEM height also.

Tom, my car never threw any dash lights. They did say that pressing the brake and accelerator could trigger an ABS code and reduce power though, but I got no light for that.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a new OBD2/ABS scan tool on Sunday, will give it a try next time around. But, if the engine requires drive cycles (starts/restarts/miles) to clear the low timing maps, then clearing codes won't really do much. I'll just try my best to avoid getting into the low map range.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A scan tool is a must, however, take a look at Palmer OBD software, it has great logging capabilities. You can build your own tables for logging. How about logging these at one time:

RPM
Real throttle position
Apparent throttle position
Timing/advance
Knock retard
IAT
Ambient AT
Coolant Temp

I bought a new OBD2/ABS scan tool on Sunday, will give it a try next time around. But, if the engine requires drive cycles (starts/restarts/miles) to clear the low timing maps, then clearing codes won't really do much. I'll just try my best to avoid getting into the low map range.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best thread to date in the Gen V forum.......

Good to see a real discussion about real improvement....

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not calling BS yet on the IAT issue, but that really sounds iffy. Most months of the year Las Vegas sees daytime high temps well above 100 Degrees F so driving through the hot air will not reduce IAT's therefore resulting in continuous power reduction. Could be the same for folks residing in several southern states...I've stepped off airplanes in Dallas before and felt like it was an oven door that opened....not an airplane door.

Even in the North Georgia Mountains where I am most of the time....the IAT will exceed the OAT (Outside Air Temp) by at least 10 Degrees once the engine is at operating temperature.

Would be nice to talk to an engineer about this before i spend dollars and time on more dyno pulls and drag strip passes.

I'm in Tokyo now and on to Atlanta in a few hours to arrive around 3pm Thursday. I welcome any SRT engineering staff to contact me or provide contact information.

Thanks,

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper