Gen V question for Mr. Gilles or Mr. Helbig

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand the tight lips behind revealing info on the Gen V Viper but can the following questions be answered;

1. Will there be more head room for us tall folk in the Gen V? and if not then;
2. Will there be anything located under the driver seat? (ex. gateway module/radio amplifiers) so if we need to lower the seat we can.

Thanks in advance.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand your need to know but we have been repeatedly told by the powers that be that they will not answer questions about future product. With that said, no harm in trying. LOL.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I understand the tight lips behind revealing info on the Gen V Viper but can the following questions be answered;
Has there been some rumor from official sources that the Viper will be back or something? This is the first I've heard of it.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Earth to Roadijeff"........YES. fact not rumor

LOL - thanks. I've been hanging out on some sport bike forums for a year or two and haven't been keeping up with any Viper developments. I wonder what the price tag will be, considering today's economy?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not believe that anyone can know for sure how well they will fit in a new car until they get a chance to have a seat.

New seat may not need to be lowered to fit, or may even have electric or manual adjustments.

Since this may be a pretty clean sheet redesign of the Viper, I would not be surprised to see if they do not revisit making it easier to fit for a greater percentage of the population.

I remember when they released the 96 coupe it included manually adjustable pedals, and later motorized versions.

If I were a betting man, I would wager that bigger people will be more comfortable in the new car. (Smaller people too.)

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand your need to know but we have been repeatedly told by the powers that be that they will not answer questions about future product. With that said, no harm in trying. LOL.

I understand withholding KEY product information but c'mon BOB, headroom. Dont think heads would role for revealing
such topic secret info. Just looking for a ,"Yes more room." or a "Yes you can lower it."...that's all. At least for us VCA Venom members who have supported Viper with mulitple purchases! Besides telling us, yes there will be a Gen V, how are we Viper faithful being treated any different form the average Joe shmo who will be at the NY auto show in April? Maybe I am missing something.

09 Venom. :royDMercer. "How Tall An Ole Boy Are You?" RoyDMercer:

6'3" and need room for a helmet. And please dont tell me 6'3" people fit in the car comfortably b/c you cant! Coupe or convertible... I should know.

There are many of us GenIV coupe owners that would appreciate a response before making an alternate purchase.

Dont want this to happen but might have no choice.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Somehow I don't think this will be much of a problem, as one of the key elements of the Viper Owner's Invitational was to canvas folks on color preferences, options, and to answer your questiion, seat design. This was actually one of the most interactive of all displays, with numerous seats to try and the key questions were based on adjustments. Dodge understands the need for more room for taller customers, so it would be a very big surprise after all the effort expended that there would not be more room for those vertically unchallenged folks.

Some engineers and others were actually overheard stating they knew there was a need for more room -- hence logic says your concerns will likely be addressed ( Merry Christmas )

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Gents,

SRT Engineering has listened very carefully to your feedback on seats. Many of us are also taller drivers, and we track our personal cars too, so we understand your feedback completely. And, we think you'll be very pleased with our plans for the Gen 5 seats.

Thanks very much for your enthusiasm and feedback, and I assure you, we're looking forward to our April unveiling in NYC as much as you! Until then, please be patient with us about the details. Right now we're just working as hard as we can to make the Gen 5 car a gem you'll really be proud of. America's Supercar is back!

Happy Holidays -

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you SRT Engineers but like many words the word "tall" can mean different things to different people. Please indicate the height of the tallest SRT engineer. Thanks in advance for your response. I certainly do not want my question to dwarf your post.

Best,

Bob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is the first time I have seen the SRT engineers reply to a post outside the confines of the "chats" with them. You must of sent them pizza!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gents,

SRT Engineering has listened very carefully to your feedback on seats. Many of us are also taller drivers, and we track our personal cars too, so we understand your feedback completely. And, we think you'll be very pleased with our plans for the Gen 5 seats.

Thanks very much for your enthusiasm and feedback, and I assure you, we're looking forward to our April unveiling in NYC as much as you! Until then, please be patient with us about the details. Right now we're just working as hard as we can to make the Gen 5 car a gem you'll really be proud of. America's Supercar is back!

Happy Holidays -

What A Company! Thanks. JonB 6'3" and need hip room too!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21