Gen V Spotted

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely an SRT Viper and not a GTS. I hope that what is shown here is not the final ride height above the tires. It is very unflattering and inconsistent with the design of the vehicle. The fit and finish around the rear deck lid look a bit primative so perhaps this is a test vehicle.

Bob, completely agree about the fit and finish - makes me pretty sure this is an engineering car.

I'm dying to see an actual car painted black or that dark blue not to mention the new stripe packages.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Very cool to see one on the road!

Looks great in yellow. (First time I've ever thought so)

I think the red (burgundy?) reveal color is ****, exotic, alluring, and in short, just rocks. If I get a Gen 5, I'm definitely going to consider that color. Sorta like what Sean Roe painted his GTS in.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely an SRT Viper and not a GTS. I hope that what is shown here is not the final ride height above the tires. It is very unflattering and inconsistent with the design of the vehicle. The fit and finish around the rear deck lid look a bit primative so perhaps this is a test vehicle.

The car looks great, but this is April, and production starts this Fall---obviously a pre-production test vehicle--not the first one gonna be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson. According to the released specs, the GenV is about 5/8 inches lower than the Gen4, so what you see is probably what it is, as far as ride height. Not a problem for me.

Bill

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the GenV is about 5/8 inches lower than the Gen4,

I'm sure I already know the answer, but just for clarification, did you mean to say "5 to 8 inches lower" or "5/8 inch lower"? The fraction and plural form of the word inch don't go together.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it will come with wheel gaps, think of all the old people that will buy one (now that it has traction control) and need the height to get in and out.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the wheel well will allways be higher like that i was told by srt engineers because of liability,car washes,curbs, parking curbs,speedbumps ,ect....

That is the most bogus excuse I've ever heard. Ferrari doesn't have that wheel gap, neither does Lamborghini, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, etc. etc. etc. Take a look at a 335i BMW. It is slammed from the factory. It would be a huge slap in the face to show the GTS at the auto show lower than it really will come. That would be a bait and switch, albeit minor. Many people don't want to change the suspension and you shouldn't be forced to do that just to make the vehicle look like it should have (and how it was advertised).

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow vs. Red propaganda aside I wish the Viper debuted in Yellow, it ops in the video. Now we're talking. :headbang:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow vs. Red propaganda aside I wish the Viper debuted in Yellow, it ops in the video. Now we're talking. :headbang:

That is what I am saying. The red they debuted it in hides all of the curves and really made me dislike it. It doesn't photograph that well. Now a much brighter color would have been key. Yellow or even GTS blue would have been awesome. And definitely should have debuted with stripes!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anybody else notice the color matched rear end?

Yeah its the base model - SRT Viper not the GTS that has the CF surround around the rear lights. I like the color match better although I like both treatments. The base model Viper in this video has the shock and coil springs instead of the coilover Bilsteins of the GTS. Wouldn't be surprised if the coilover setup is an option on the SRT model though.

I'd be disappointed if the GTS comes with that wheel gap. The GTS comes with coil-over suspension so I guess it wont be that big of a deal to lower it since it already has coil overs from the factory. Buuut I wonder if doing so they would stipulate that it voids the warranty since it is a 2 stage damping setup and is calibrated from factory.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is what I am saying. The red they debuted it in hides all of the curves and really made me dislike it. It doesn't photograph that well. Now a much brighter color would have been key. Yellow or even GTS blue would have been awesome. And definitely should have debuted with stripes!

Agreed 100% !

1badacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those pictures are less than impressive.
Looks very plain, huge wheel gap and illl fitting hood with the big grouper mouth.
Maybe it needs stripes.

That isn't even an srt hood, which looks 1000 times beter than the gts hood, I don't know why they are hiding it.
They are clearly holding their cards.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to help everyone here, Ralph said these leaked yellow car shots are not production ride height of fit and finish. Said they are test cars with a demise being a wall! :omg:

And nice clear look in the above pics. Better than the video graininess.

Sam Vipeme Brasile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Way to go SRT it's back saw that same car on the road the other day by Detroit (Motor City it lives up to its reputation!)
Thanks Ralph & Sergio job well done
Sam "vipeme" Brasile MCVO