Gen v steering wheel on a gen 3/4 will it work...

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it will, I got a hold of a gen 5 steering wheel with the carbon fiber insert and so far so good.
You must be registered for see images attach

Im still working on the air bag stuff , Im getting a gen 5 bag next week so stay tune. so far the feel of the steering wheel is great much better than the gen3/4. I have done some different wheels over the years on my car few pics

I really like the flat bottom on all the wheels, few are for sale. Let see what you guys think.

For the gen2 guys the wheel will work but there is some work to be done, the gide key need to be filed down with a dremmel tool to make it work, the carbon fiber wheel on the pic fits gen2,3,4.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I get the airbag to work I'm going to redo the carbon fiber bezel to be smooth no buttons.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok got an update, the wheel works great the gen V airbag works with the gen3/4 conectors the only thing that I had to do extra for the horn to work on the genV is gounded on the harness and on the gen 3/4 is grounded to one of the bolts to the air bag simple fix. I just cover the the button with some 3m dinoc for now till I get ready for the carbon fiber work. some pics of the 3 wheels on the car.

The first pic is the alcantara, then carbon fiber and the last 2 are the genV. I love the way the gen v wheel feels and looks so much better than stock. for the next step is making the gen V wheel out of carbon fiber.

IndyRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks awesome on there, especially with the red accent stitching. Don't forget to PM me if/when you get rid of that carbon fiber wheel.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update on my wheel project, with the carbon fiber gen V steering wheel and new vents. I have another besel on the works with out the buttons but not done at the moment

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the carbon fiber bezel.

Last edited:

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leave it to cubican to be the first guy to get the flux capacitor to work in a Viper. The stuff he does is absolutely amazing, next up, Gen3 traction control...

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update on the carbon fiber parts finish the gen 5 bezel with no buttons and the dash is is all done in carbon fiber, few pics

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys the one thing that I was never very happy with my car was the interior, is getting there now.

sound of turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh oh the gen5 steering wheel is impressive in this old gen3-4 interior! I love the picture with the gen5 full leather steering wheel! :2tu: