Gen V Super Charger Option

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The photos were not much to begin with. Internet fora, texting and twittering allow people to fan a non story into a story. That is what happened here. The engine at issue was a Gen IV engine of one of Mark J's customers. Despite Mark posting this more than once, some continued to allege that the engine was something else. Not only was doing so absurd, it was disrespectful to Mark. I think he knows the facts regarding his own customer. Is there interest in supercharging? Of course. So what? Those who wish to use boost have always found a way to do it with the Gen I,II,III and IV cars. It is just a matter of time before the aftermarket solves the problems of doing so with the Gen V. And, as I stated before, I think that an entity like Arrow will probably be the first to do so.

Reaction score
The photos were not much to begin with. Internet fora, texting and twittering allow people to fan a non story into a story. That is what happened here. The engine at issue was a Gen IV engine of one of Mark J's customers. Despite Mark posting this more than once, some continued to allege that the engine was something else. Not only was doing so absurd, it was disrespectful to Mark. I think he knows the facts regarding his own customer. Is there interest in supercharging? Of course. So what? Those who wish to use boost have always found a way to do it with the Gen I,II,III and IV cars. It is just a matter of time before the aftermarket solves the problems of doing so with the Gen V. And, as I stated before, I think that an entity like Arrow will probably be the first to do so.

Thanks Bob, but I'm not that well known or important of a source, you and I are friends and that is the important part for me. :2tu:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Bob--No disrespect on my part intended toward Mark. This is a Viper discussion forum. In your opinion, why were the pictures taken down? Did Mark ask for the pictures to be taken down? Arrow? Maybe QuickSRT will answer that question. If the pics were still up, I would have never posted on this thread. I couldn't care less if the Viper is ever boosted. Like you mentioned in a previous post, I believe in buying what is available now, because who knows what tomorrow brings...

Bill

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the twin turbo cappuccino machine in Arrows break room, why is this not being discussed?? Will this be offered through Mopar or will the aftermarket be able to offer an unlocked version that can be upgraded to maybe a supercharger and twin turbo combination? Will it run on 110 volt or do we have to install a 220 volt panel? How many amps will it draw? Can it be upgraded to more than a two cup outlet? Any chance for a nitrous option? Will it have to be hard wired to the panel or will it have a three prong outlet? Is anybody running one of these now?....any youtube vids out there?

And more importantly, why were we not offered a cup of cappuccino while we were there??

Cheers,
George (aka TA)

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very clever and funny. Cheers back at you.

What about the twin turbo cappuccino machine in Arrows break room, why is this not being discussed?? Will this be offered through Mopar or will the aftermarket be able to offer an unlocked version that can be upgraded to maybe a supercharger and twin turbo combination? Will it run on 110 volt or do we have to install a 220 volt panel? How many amps will it draw? Can it be upgraded to more than a two cup outlet? Any chance for a nitrous option? Will it have to be hard wired to the panel or will it have a three prong outlet? Is anybody running one of these now?....any youtube vids out there?

And more importantly, why were we not offered a cup of cappuccino while we were there??

Cheers,
George (aka TA)

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pictures were taken down because if you looked closely there was a Defense Department memo from 1947 discussing the event at Roswell in the background.

Hey Bob--No disrespect on my part intended toward Mark. This is a Viper discussion forum. In your opinion, why were the pictures taken down? Did Mark ask for the pictures to be taken down? Arrow? Maybe QuickSRT will answer that question. If the pics were still up, I would have never posted on this thread. I couldn't care less if the Viper is ever boosted. Like you mentioned in a previous post, I believe in buying what is available now, because who knows what tomorrow brings...

Bill

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cheers,
George (aka TA)

LOL!!! George, too funny.

I think many are taking this debate a little too serious. Nothing wrong with a little fun, talking about what SRT may or may not do in the future. I think it's a little arrogant for anyone to claim that they know exactly what SRT will or will not develop. In the design brainstorms that I participate in, we encourage open minds and out of the box thinking. Believe me, even long-shot ideas can become the true winners. Don't become too attached to your paradigm of what you think SRT will do in the future.

bigmack339

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will it be possible to hit the 700hp mark at the crank, with a GEN V, with bolt-on parts(header, catback and cold air)?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not quite that innocent. If people start to believe what is just a bunch of idle speculation and BS, some will delay purchasing a Gen V thinking a supercharged variant is coming. The Gen V MUST make a profit. This is not debatable. It is fact. So if people delay their purchase based on BS, it could hurt the new Viper and threaten the very existence of the Viper. Certain activities are more amenable to wild speculation than others. Those of us who attended the July 1, 2010 final Viper event in Detroit are perhaps more sensitive to this issue than others who may be less familiar with what happened and why. SRT is a new brand with a limited budget and a small group of employees. It is still in the teething stage of its existence. It needs the Viper nation to show its support by puting their money up. The speculation about this, that or the other thing does nothing to ensure the future of the Viper.

LOL!!! George, too funny.

I think many are taking this debate a little too serious. Nothing wrong with a little fun, talking about what SRT may or may not do in the future. I think it's a little arrogant for anyone to claim that they know exactly what SRT will or will not develop. In the design brainstorms that I participate in, we encourage open minds and out of the box thinking. Believe me, even long-shot ideas can become the true winners. Don't become too attached to your paradigm of what you think SRT will do in the future.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sort of agree with Bobpantax - the way this thread is setup, it will become another one of those "Ralph said Viper could never be faster than a Ferrari" type deals that the rags run with and people repeat non-stop.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will it be possible to hit the 700hp mark at the crank, with a GEN V, with bolt-on parts(header, catback and cold air)?

Since the Gen IV ACR-X had a 40 hp increase with (if I remember correctly) Headers and Mopar PCM, than the 640 hp Gen V should be able to get 680 with the same set-up. Ported heads and cold air for the extra 20 hp seems within target for a NA 700 hp bragging rights ?

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am the picture taker

Since this has nothing to do with SRT, why did you take the pictures down? Why not put them back up in this thread so those who missed them can take a good look? :D

Bill

I didn't take the pics down someone else did. Also they didn't say anything about the engine. Looked like a GEN 4 or 5 that's all so I took a pic of it.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The photo may have been taken down because the person who wanted it taken down was under a misimpression as to what was in the photo. That and the Roswell memo in the background.

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was on its way to Bengazi

The photo may have been taken down because the person who wanted it taken down was under a misimpression as to what was in the photo. That and the Roswell memo in the background.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21