Getting Near the 10's in my mildy modified 06 Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, now I get it. 1BADGTS is the ultimate e-namedropper. I think he feels it actually impresses us that he can drop names like nobody else. Evan, Jamie, Colletti, some NFL guy, some other rich guy, some other blah blah blah - all have him on speed dial.

Living vicariously through the results of other people. Sad. I still think he has "Evan Smith" permanently attached to his CTRL+C command on the keyboard. LOLOLOL

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dude I've run at E town several times and Houston Raceway park, and Houston is my favorite track between the two. It's bigger staging lanes are better, and pits are much larger. But god who cares you don't even run your own car.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Proximoity ,logistics and a ton of other factors NAMELY overall quality of the facility..Its not an event its a MAJOR LEAGUE NHRA EVENT .(THe NHRA just does not hold their Spring Nats anywhere )Atco in NJ has the ident Prox and Logistics as E-Town do you think the NHRA would allow them to hold a major event not a chance.

Really, I had no idea an NHRA event was a major event. Oh wait, that's right, I was at the US Nationals this year in the tower with the announcers when they honored my dad for being the first person to ever win Pro Stock at the US Nationals. You know, the LARGEST NHRA event held every year.

Please just be quiet about all of this. You look like a clown.

Last edited:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Proximoity ,logistics and a ton of other factors NAMELY overall quality of the facility..Its not an event its a MAJOR LEAGUE NHRA EVENT .(THe NHRA just does not hold their Spring Nats anywhere )Atco in NJ has the ident Prox and Logistics as E-Town do you think the NHRA would allow them to hold a major event not a chance.

You must be registered for see images

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that's my point....what track were these records done at and were they done at a private track rental or a NHRA type of event? I'm not saying these guys aren't fast, but a lot of things can be tweaked to make a run faster trackwise if allowed ;)

Also, are these record runs going off the light or when the driver is good and ready?

We'll never be able to compare exact apples to apples, but I'd like to be at least in the same food group when comparing drag runs. A track prepped to be super sticky might be a worth at least a couple of tenths, right??

Backed when I autocrossed, the biggest joke between the drivers in the stock class was "I paid a lot of money to make that car stock!!" Having a track prepped to the extreme just doesn't make it repeatable at other tracks and times around the country...not to mention altitude, DA, headwinds, etc.

Cheers,
George

Most of these were done when the driver was good and ready. They usually don't have any "special" prep to go after a record, at least not that I know of. I was out racing with Sal one day and it was just a normal test n tune. He didn't break any records that day.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never in my entire life seen someone swing from somebody's nuts like this 1BadGTS. Seriously ****. This whole thread is about a bolt on car running 10's. Stop swinging from peoples nuts, you look like a scared little boy. All you ever do is come into these threads and pollute them with your filth. What you are not getting is...PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE RECORD...BUT GUESS WHAT...THEY DON'T CARE! No one cares about the stupid records. You build a Viper right, it can hit 10's EZ with boltons and a street tire...it's not just about HP. Go away punk.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so.....how about those 10's.............dragon rider has some tricks up his sleeves. I think we will see some crazy times very soon for bolt on gen3's

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really, I had no idea an NHRA event was a major event. Oh wait, that's right, I was at the US Nationals this year in the tower with the announcers when they honored my dad for being the first person to ever win Pro Stock at the US Nationals. You know, the LARGEST NHRA event held every year.

Congradulations to your dad, Herb McCandless, on being honored this year. I bet he (and you) have some great stories. Geeze, we've come a long way, Pro Stock is now much quicker than the Fuel cars were back then.

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a suggestion. How about we get Evan Smith to do all the posting for 1BADGTS? I mean, the guy drives his car for him, and does a better job at it. Maybe he can also provide a better online personality too?

I've raced on at least a dozen drag strips around the country myself. I'm more concerned with negative DA and good prep, when it comes to attempt a record run. Track rentals are a bonus, less street tire and ricers dragging water out of the box into the starting line area. Can a Gen III with bolt-ons go 10s? For sure. Its all about the 60', as the power and traps are there for it. A rearend gear swap to be able to use all of 4th gear would help a lot on the trap, as well as the 60'.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a suggestion. How about we get Evan Smith to do all the posting for 1BADGTS? I mean, the guy drives his car for him, and does a better job at it. Maybe he can also provide a better online personality too?
:hahaup::hahaup: If not I'm gonna go with the Ignore feature- (forum natural selection)

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
could that NFL guy be Favre?:drive:

Oh, now I get it. 1BADGTS is the ultimate e-namedropper. I think he feels it actually impresses us that he can drop names like nobody else. Evan, Jamie, Colletti, some NFL guy, some other rich guy, some other blah blah blah - all have him on speed dial.

Living vicariously through the results of other people. Sad. I still think he has "Evan Smith" permanently attached to his CTRL+C command on the keyboard. LOLOLOL

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Amen to that. I am simply amazed at the transformation of the original concept espoused by 1badgts. Remember this all started out with him arguing that since Smith hasn't run a ten with his GTS that trapped 132 then none of the rest of us can either. Then it went to a debate that Smith is the BEST driver on street tires based on some guy hiring him to drive a prototype. Then it went to which is the best track in the country. I mean Jesus.

All along the way several people have blown holes in his theories including me and himself. A few excerpts:

1. He states that SMITH is in the top 5 runs of most exotic run stock quarter mile times. Sorry but that doesn't make him the best. If he was the best he would hold every record. So what are the other guys that actually hold the records? Chopped liver I guess.

2. Furman a non pro ran the 10 in a Viper that Smith can't get done. Doesn't sound like the best to me.

3. A number of hobbyists have run better times in Gen IV Vipers than Smith with 11.20 or better times. That is a fact. Then I heard that didn't count because Smith had limited seat time vs. the hobbyists, etc. etc. and that Smith ran within a tenth of his best time of 11.3. So what, I run within a tenth of my best time all the time when at the track and did it last week with every run. Consistency is great, but Smith can't run the number and that is what matters. So he is consistent within one tenth of running a number that numerous hobbyist have beaten. That makes you the best? Not where I come from.

This entire argument is such a waste of time. All that has been proven is something we can all agree on - that Smith is one of the better pro drivers on street tires.

I can tell you this. I am highly inclined to put a set of heads on my viper which would bring the power level up to Gen IV level trapping around 130 and go run a ten and bury this debate forever.

Then I guess they would be flying me all over the country to test prototypes given I spanked Smith's time. Lol.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Say all you want i still see exactly one 10 second passs on stret tires in a GEN 4 THATS A FACT

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your confused again i said HOST A MAJOR NHRA EVENT only 15 or so tracks in the country do this .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amen to that. I am simply amazed at the transformation of the original concept espoused by 1badgts. Remember this all started out with him arguing that since Smith hasn't run a ten with his GTS that trapped 132 then none of the rest of us can either. Then it went to a debate that Smith is the BEST driver on street tires based on some guy hiring him to drive a prototype. Then it went to which is the best track in the country. I mean Jesus.

All along the way several people have blown holes in his theories including me and himself. A few excerpts:

1. He states that SMITH is in the top 5 runs of most exotic run stock quarter mile times. Sorry but that doesn't make him the best. If he was the best he would hold every record. So what are the other guys that actually hold the records? Chopped liver I guess.

2. Furman a non pro ran the 10 in a Viper that Smith can't get done. Doesn't sound like the best to me.

3. A number of hobbyists have run better times in Gen IV Vipers than Smith with 11.20 or better times. That is a fact. Then I heard that didn't count because Smith had limited seat time vs. the hobbyists, etc. etc. and that Smith ran within a tenth of his best time of 11.3. So what, I run within a tenth of my best time all the time when at the track and did it last week with every run. Consistency is great, but Smith can't run the number and that is what matters. So he is consistent within one tenth of running a number that numerous hobbyist have beaten. That makes you the best? Not where I come from.

This entire argument is such a waste of time. All that has been proven is something we can all agree on - that Smith is one of the better pro drivers on street tires.

I can tell you this. I am highly inclined to put a set of heads on my viper which would bring the power level up to Gen IV level trapping around 130 and go run a ten and bury this debate forever.

Then I guess they would be flying me all over the country to test prototypes given I spanked Smith's time. Lol.
Right hes not the bes(or just about thye best) all these cars Ford Shelby ,sdaleen ect fly him in to test drive tgeir prototypes because Nine ball and the rest of the DREAMERS out there are not available PLEASE THESE CAR COMPANYS CAN HAVE ANY TEST DRIVER IN US.I know your tempted to throw heads on your car go ahead you still aint going to run 10s on PILOTS IN THE 550 RWHP range.Hey untill its done your all wrong.Stop saying your tempted just go do it and prove me wrong.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It aint name dropping if anything i have said is not factual call me out on it and we will see ecxactly if what i have said is true =PUBLICALLY.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he wasnt able to do it twice? has he ever backed up the 10.92?
No and if do a search Jamie will tell you to do it again is going to be extremely difficult.(He hit the absolute perfect run)its not the horsepower (=Da ect the cars making) its the tires on it plain and simple .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FOUND THE THREAD =Bone stock srt in the 10s .Jamie on his 10 second pass hit an 1.7 sixty foot time on Pilots .Do you guys realize just how hard it is to get a 1.7 on Pilots .Lets see all your times slips out there for your low 11 second runs I BET NO ONE IS AT 1.7

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Right hes not the bes(or just about thye best) all these cars Ford Shelby ,sdaleen ect fly him in to test drive tgeir prototypes because Nine ball and the rest of the DREAMERS out there are not available PLEASE THESE CAR COMPANYS CAN HAVE ANY TEST DRIVER IN US.I know your tempted to throw heads on your car go ahead you still aint going to run 10s on PILOTS IN THE 550 RWHP range.Hey untill its done your all wrong.Stop saying your tempted just go do it and prove me wrong.

1badgts, I suggest you address the facts I stated. You never do, you just change the argument or the facts.

1. You are saying Smith is the best driver AND YET HIS TIMES HAVE BEEN BEATEN BY HOBBYISTS. THAT IS A FACT. 10 SECONDS IS JUST A NUMBER AND A GOAL. We could make the goal 11.20. Now Smith looks like a clown given hobbyists have beaten his times repeatedly!!

2. You talk out of both sides of your mouth. One minute Smith is great because he can get in any car and run a purported good number with limited seat time and then you turn around and say he made dozens and dozens of passes in your GTS and couldn't do better than 11.20. Which is it? Apparently, he doesn't refine his technique much if after dozens of passes his number doesn't improve. I am underwhelmed.

3. You state a poor 60 foot for Smith in your GTS was 1.8. Well a 1.8 gets me an uncorrected 11.40 in my car with 8 mph less trap speed. So what does that say about Smith? If he is running 1.8 or better an 11.2 or 11.3 should be childs play. He is only improving on my time by a tenth or two with another 80 plus RWHP. I wonder what you will have to say if I beat his number with 80 HP less. Hardly a compelling argument for his prowess.

4. Smith does not hold the fastest times on the exotics you are talking about. They are held by someone else. The people that HOLD the records are the best, period. That is a fact. All you have proven is what I said. He is one of the better pro drivers on street tires. Would you actually try and argue that a driver who shows up in the top 5 of a nascar race but never wins is the BEST. Give me a break. It is ludicrous.

You can't see the forest through the trees. The best driver runs the best times. Furman ran the best number, not Smith. Others hold the exotic car records quarter mile records you talk about NOT Smith. Hobbyists have turned the fastest times in GEN IVs NOT Smith. Case closed. Those are the facts. Nobody said Smith wasn't a good driver, but that is all that has been proven here. We all agree on that to begin with.

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FOUND THE THREAD =Bone stock srt in the 10s .Jamie on his 10 second pass hit an 1.7 sixty foot time on Pilots .Do you guys realize just how hard it is to get a 1.7 on Pilots .Lets see all your times slips out there for your low 11 second runs I BET NO ONE IS AT 1.7

Once again you change the facts. It was a 1.76 60 foot I believe not 1.7. I ran a 1.79 3 days ago and have the slip to prove it. Dragon rider ran a 1.78. So much for that.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS also fails to understand that Smith, being the Editor of the most popular Ford/Mustang magazines, also has certain privileges that go along with that. Hmmm, he mentioned Shelby, Saleen, Coletti as having Evan test drive a car for them. All FORD shops and people! Evan just so happens to be a good driver too, an added bonus. They get feature coverage and marketing from Evan, and get some decent numbers. Its a no-brainer.

I don't see the GM, Porsche, Dodge, Ferrari, Lambo, etc... guys hiring hotshoe Smith to come put some times down for them. Those brands have their own fly-boys to do such. Also, test driving a car doesn't make you one of the best drivers automatically. Take a look at most of the limp-wristed drivers for the other car magazines who test cars monthly. I've beaten just about every time published in those car mags, in cars I've raced.

Like Speedfreak said, the summary is that Smith can drive well, and that being a Ford magazine editor comes with perks of getting to test drive the coolest Fords around. Sounds fun, good for Evan. I just hope he knows about a stalker like yourself hanging on his shorthairs.

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Better yet I ran a 1.79 and 1.80 which is only 3 to 4 hundreths of Furmans 1.76 on Michelin RUNFLATS when my car was stock with 100 less HP for acceleration. So a 1.7X on PS2s is not that special. Also contrary to your theory yet again, I can still run a 1.7X 60 foot with 50-60 HP more to the rear wheels now in modified form. Remember, you keep saying that adding horsepower makes that impossible because of lack of traction!!!

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This little kid is funny. Guy is probably close to 40 but still has no grammar and, to this day, still doesn't know how to you the multi-qoute feature. Also LOVES to throw temper tantrums when a drag race thread is brought up. 1BadGTS, I cordially invite you to come over to the alley, that way we can tell you what we really think! :lmao:

EDIT: :lmao: :lmao: I just saw the tags for this thread HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA:

1badgts cant drive, 1badgts living in past

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1badgts, I suggest you address the facts I stated. You never do, you just change the argument or the facts.

1. You are saying Smith is the best driver AND YET HIS TIMES HAVE BEEN BEATEN BY HOBBYISTS. THAT IS A FACT. 10 SECONDS IS JUST A NUMBER AND A GOAL. We could make the goal 11.20. Now Smith looks like a clown given hobbyists have beaten his times repeatedly!!

2. You talk out of both sides of your mouth. One minute Smith is great because he can get in any car and run a purported good number with limited seat time and then you turn around and say he made dozens and dozens of passes in your GTS and couldn't do better than 11.20. Which is it? Apparently, he doesn't refine his technique much if after dozens of passes his number doesn't improve. I am underwhelmed.

3. You state a poor 60 foot for Smith in your GTS was 1.8. Well a 1.8 gets me an uncorrected 11.40 in my car with 8 mph less trap speed. So what does that say about Smith? If he is running 1.8 or better an 11.2 or 11.3 should be childs play. He is only improving on my time by a tenth or two with another 80 plus RWHP. I wonder what you will have to say if I beat his number with 80 HP less. Hardly a compelling argument for his prowess.

4. Smith does not hold the fastest times on the exotics you are talking about. They are held by someone else. The people that HOLD the records are the best, period. That is a fact. All you have proven is what I said. He is one of the better pro drivers on street tires. Would you actually try and argue that a driver who shows up in the top 5 of a nascar race but never wins is the BEST. Give me a break. It is ludicrous.

You can't see the forest through the trees. The best driver runs the best times. Furman ran the best number, not Smith. Others hold the exotic car records quarter mile records you talk about NOT Smith. Hobbyists have turned the fastest times in GEN IVs NOT Smith. Case closed. Those are the facts. Nobody said Smith wasn't a good driver, but that is all that has been proven here. We all agree on that to begin with.
Said it a million times Furman in a Viper or a Chevy Smith in a Ford difference being seat time .Record wise Smith holds the record fastest stock FGT PASS EVER 11.0 ,fastest stock Cobra Mustang pass ,.As far as records in a Viper second to Jamie in a GEN 2 11.7 .When he ran the 11.3 in my Viper that was the fastest run ever at that time June 2008

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS also fails to understand that Smith, being the Editor of the most popular Ford/Mustang magazines, also has certain privileges that go along with that. Hmmm, he mentioned Shelby, Saleen, Coletti as having Evan test drive a car for them. All FORD shops and people! Evan just so happens to be a good driver too, an added bonus. They get feature coverage and marketing from Evan, and get some decent numbers. Its a no-brainer.

I don't see the GM, Porsche, Dodge, Ferrari, Lambo, etc... guys hiring hotshoe Smith to come put some times down for them. Those brands have their own fly-boys to do such. Also, test driving a car doesn't make you one of the best drivers automatically. Take a look at most of the limp-wristed drivers for the other car magazines who test cars monthly. I've beaten just about every time published in those car mags, in cars I've raced.

Like Speedfreak said, the summary is that Smith can drive well, and that being a Ford magazine editor comes with perks of getting to test drive the coolest Fords around. Sounds fun, good for Evan. I just hope he knows about a stalker like yourself hanging on his shorthairs.
You have some sour grapes going there bud (were you passed over )Anyway not even remotely true unless your calling John Coletti a liar.He was not looking for a decent number he was doing a feasability test whenn he dropped the 100k plus at Englishtown.,This is THE HEAD of Ford SVT were talking about .The man could hace conducted that test anywhere in the country with any driver behind the wheel of his choosing.Today he still moonloghts as a CONSULTANT on the 2011 SHELBY COBRA .He tests prototypes UNDER DEVELOPMENT absolutely nothing to do with MCMULLEN ARGUS.(Ford flies him in when they need a number out of the car an opinon about drag racing ,.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This little kid is funny. Guy is probably close to 40 but still has no grammar and, to this day, still doesn't know how to you the multi-qoute feature. Also LOVES to throw temper tantrums when a drag race thread is brought up. 1BadGTS, I cordially invite you to come over to the alley, that way we can tell you what we really think! :lmao:

Who the hell are you what have your cars ever accomplished.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better yet I ran a 1.79 and 1.80 which is only 3 to 4 hundreths of Furmans 1.76 on Michelin RUNFLATS when my car was stock with 100 less HP for acceleration. So a 1.7X on PS2s is not that special. Also contrary to your theory yet again, I can still run a 1.7X 60 foot with 50-60 HP more to the rear wheels now in modified form. Remember, you keep saying that adding horsepower makes that impossible because of lack of traction!!!
The 100 hp is NEVER GETTING PUT TO THE GROUND (your trap will increase )Please you got all the answers instead of BS and theorys SHOW ME A TIME SLIP (ACTUAL )of a Gen 3 bolt on or Gen 4 stock running 10s.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now this thread on the alley would be awesome. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth