GT2&ACR'S - 5-POINT BELTS - FIRST ONE TO DO IT!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: GT2&ACR\'S - 5-POINT BELTS - FIRST ONE TO DO IT!!

Id like to chime in and say CONGRATS to Wizard for fighting this long battle. I would be tickled to provide Tator Dodge or your dealer with the "TEAM TECH OPTION" if that is your choice. Compare RJS vs any other major brand, and you will know why PVO chose Team Techs for the Comp Coupe. Ask most Viper Days competitors. Ask anyone named Archer!

I have already arranged 24 ACR harness replacements, paid for by D-C. The latest was yesterday, 11/30. And, other dealers were authorized to install these. In my method, your Dodge Dealer can indeed install the belts, under warranty, and you KEEP your OE ACR belts! [Two owners were denied, but one of them had a prior refusal before seeing me.]

In my option, your DODGE DEALER gets the warranty install ticket. But you get harnesses very similiar to the 2003-03 Competition Coupe: "Team Tech" padded harnesses, in your choice of 5 point or 6 point belts (!) and arm-restraints or harness pads included at no charge. As in FREE. 7 colors and unlimited combos. Hardware color choices as well!

In fact, my customers insistance has likely lit a fire under D-C to get dealers involved and alerted like Chuck has kindly noted. Thanks again.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck,

Thanks for the extra effort on this and remembering !

2Charmed

bounce.gif

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viper Wizard:

And then enter Campaign ID #: 1V120000

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Campaign ID # is: 01V12000
smile.gif

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can we get some pictures of the new looking belts?

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I too would like to see the OEM factory replacement, ACR logo belts. Can someone shoot a digital pic and post? I like the touch with sneaky pete and the ACR logo.
Thanks

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GT2&ACR\'S - 5-POINT BELTS - FIRST ONE TO DO IT!!

I am the first Dodge Dealer
patriotx.gif
to be authorized by DC to replace the Recalled MO MO belts with the new RJS 5-point belts, which are now in production on all ACR'S[as of June 01]. FREE! Under Warranty [3/36].
BURNOUT.gif

Now available from Mopar #5029216AA R.J.S.Racing Equipment Inc.[SFI SPEC. 16.1] you will need two per vehicle.
NO RED TAPE-NO OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE-NO TEN PHONE CALLS!!
[If you want different 5-point belts other then the RJS's, then you'll have to do the RED TAPE DANCE!]

They are a good looking Belt! Black with the ACR Emblem on both shoulder straps and the release has "Sneaky-Pete"[Viper Logo] on it in Black&Silver Chrome!

This is what you do:
Go to Car&Driver and NHTSA sites- print out the announcement from DC about the belts and the NHTSA Campaign and this thread, then go see your local Dodge Dealer. They will do it under Warranty. If they give you a hard time? Tell them to call the VIPER WIZARD and I'll explain it to them! Or call me with their PH# and I'll call your Dealer! If that does not work I'll get them for you!
<A HREF="http://caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/dai/March/20010319_dai_dodgerecall.xml?keyw..." TARGET=_blank>http://caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/dai/March/20010319_dai_dodgerecall.xml?keyw...[/ URL]
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/Index.cfm</A>
And then enter Campaign ID #:01V120000

ACR Joe & John ACR are the first ones to get the RJS belts!
2Charmed your belts are next!
[99t1 I forgive you]

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

THEMASH--Thanks, it's fixed.#01V120000

To all- It's my PLEASURE!

I'll see what I can do about Pics.

Stay tuned to the "Wizard" as for my next battle with DC!
devil.gif

Score is:
Rockers -
Stalking Dealers to do right by Viper owners! -
5-Points -
Working on: Steering Gusset Kit -
Life Time Warranty?
laugh.gif

Hailing Frequencies Open...."tIq yIn 'ej chep"

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Viper Wizard on 12-02-2001 at 05:15 PM</font>

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As stated in the movie Miracle on 34TH Street: "I BELIEVE!"
Thanks Mr. Wizard.
There really is a Santa Claus.
He drives a red '94 RT/10.
Keep that "MAGIC" wand moving Chuck.

cool.gif

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What about the guys with the $115,000 GT-2's who's belts now say ACR instead of ORECA? I guess they'll have to learn to love them. It's odd that DC allows customers to keep a defective belt. When recalls are developed, DC decides if the old parts need to be returned or not. It's hard to believe they let them stay out in circulation. I'd also be surprised if DC still paid claims of the Team Tech installs since they now have a part number for the "factory RJS" system. They usually don't pay for aftermarket part installs when a factry part is available.
I still have yet to see the official recall released from DC. Did I miss it? One more thing, recalls, if released from DC, cover the vehicle regardless of time/miles. 3/36 does not apply. If your car has 90k on it, it should be covered.dj

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here is the picture of the RJS belts.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What about the guys with the $115,000 GT-2's who's belts now say ACR instead of ORECA?

Hi David, I agree with you that there hasn't been enough information about the recall or the solution, and I certainly want to thank Chuck and others who kept the pressure up. I was using my Viper on the track, so I already had to replace the belts almost a year ago in order to be legal and safe. I purchased Team Tech belts from JonB at my own expense.

As far as the GT-2 belts are concerned, it is a moot point because those belts are more than two years old and would not be legal in competition anyway. On the highways, many states do not consider the 5-point belts to be legal restraints and would require you to wear the standard shoulder belt. So I would still keep the Oreca belts - they are very unique if in fact no longer legally functional.

BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NOT ON BACK-ORDER! When your Dealer ran the part number on GPOP it comes up on his screen as BO, but in reality they are coming from the Vender. You'll have them in week to ten days!
I just got six more sets that I ordered last week!

DEALER ONLY PART!!
smile.gif

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sonny, the ORECA belts are an issue to some people. There are GT2's out there that never leave the garage. These will someday be a highly desired vehicle, if not already. My point was for the collector not the racer. I know the belts expire. I also know that if I were a collector and had invested 100k in a limited production car like that, I sure as heck would not want a belt that says ACR instead of ORECA. Without a doubt, the GT2 guys should be able to keep the original ones.

As far as Team Tech or RJS, I like the CROW stuff.
And my seat belt can beat up your seat belt.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Snkeyez,
It shouldn't be a problem? DC has been replacing the 5-points. Is it your dealer that's a problem?
confused.gif

If you would like give me a call, and maybe I can get to the bottom of this for you.
914-763-3136

CHUCK TATOR

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck-
Can't wait to receive my new/replacement belts from you!
Thanks for your assistance.
I was debating on what belt to replace mine with on my 2001 ACR. Decided on the stock look for with the "ACR" logo. Othewise I was going to go with the Teamtechs.
-Wayne

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Snkeyez,
There is no number for it yet? DC is replacing them as they come in to the Call Center.[800-992-1997] They would like you to go to a Dealer to be handled at that level. That's what I've been doing.
You can put them in your self and you CAN keep the "ORECA" belts!
BURNOUT.gif

I'll e-mail you with more details.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just received a new set of R.J.S. replacement safety harnesses for my 1999 ACR. Special thanks to Chuck Tator of Tator's Dodge for cutting through the red tape at DC and expediting the entire replacement transaction. The belts look fantastic, especially the snake head logo on the release buckle. Great job Chuck!

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I recieved my new RJS belts from Chuck Tator just the other day.
They look great and I owe Chuck a big thanks for staying on top
of this issue.

Keep up the good work Chuck!

And THANK YOU !!!

2Charmed

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your Welcome!

Lets see there are 615 vehicles involved in this "Campaign".
I've done 14 so far with RJS's and I know that Jonb has done some with "Team Tech's".

Any body else out there received their new belts??

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I tried. Called both the DC service center and warranty center, one transferred me to the other. I had the intent to recall notice in hand with the NHTSA bulletin. They told me just a couple weeks ago that an OFFICIAL recall was coming in January and unless I could prove entry into a track event before then, that I'd just have to wait. A bit disappointing, since JonB at Partsrack was excellent to work with and I really wanted to give him my business. DC seems to really not be helpful here, but heck, it's just a driver/passenger safety issue, not too important, right?

-Nik

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nik,
If you would like a set of RJS's sooner then later? Call me.
BURNOUT.gif

Maybe they will fit on a GENIII? OOPS I'm not suppose to say that here?
smile.gif

www.tatorsdodge.com

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Viper Wizard on 12-22-2001 at 12:01 PM</font>