GTSR engine

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying a new GTSR engine block (part 4876831) and some other parts for the engine from a dealer here that ordered the wrong part a long time ago and wants to get rid of it. He does not have the heads. Are there alot of differences in these and the normal v10. And what would be a fair price. I would also like to get a set of heads and the rest of the engine. but was wondering if it would be worth it. I know the gtsr heads do not have the mounting holes for the accesory brackets, but I was thinking they could be added by a good machine shop.

BoostedV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS-R First hand

I am very familiar with the GTS-R block and what it would take to make it work with a stock car.. F.Y.I. the stock heads will fit. The lifter bores will need to be resized unless you are going to run the solid lifters. a stock crankshaft will work provided you have the main journals cut down to the correct diameter(they ran a smaller one on the gts-r to reduce parasitic loss). You can also run your stock front cover, oil pump, water pump, oil pan, ect. the only real difference that may cause you some trouble is the fact that they machined off the AC compressor mounting boss (to allow room for the drysump pump). so unless you have the block welded on you will not be able to run your AC. but like I said if you have any more questions feel free to contact me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456