Guys Running Motons or Adjustable Suspensions

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Nader. Did you ever finish developing the quick release Moton brackets?

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob I have a set completed just trying to figure out the best place to mount in the engine back. On top of the cross member is too tight but have come up with another option. I have a set somone made for me and working on the installation now.

I will keep you posted.

Tom

Hi Nader. Did you ever finish developing the quick release Moton brackets?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Saw a pair of Motons mounted one on each side of the air box (Paxton car). Looked tidy and wasn't so tight like mounting on the cross member.

Please post when you get your mounts sorted out.

Dan

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah saw that also. Not a bad location for a paxton setup but still not very accessible. I will post information and pics once I have the fit finalized.

Tom

Saw a pair of Motons mounted one on each side of the air box (Paxton car). Looked tidy and wasn't so tight like mounting on the cross member.

Please post when you get your mounts sorted out.

Dan

Reaction score
Just for your guys information I have been talking with Moton and they are very adamant about NOT removing the canisters for any installations. They say there is air introduced when doing so and that it is affecting the control the shocks have. This was the first I had ever heard about this in all the years we worked with them and the WCGT shocks but they say it is important.

They are working on getting a quick dis connect fitting that will not loose oil or let air in for future production units because of all the need for the hose to be removed for installation. Will probably add a few bucks I'm sure. Fear not though as we have not seen any issues from anyones installs I think it is something they just think is needed for the last bit of performance.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Just for your guys information I have been talking with Moton and they are very adamant about NOT removing the canisters for any installations."

Hi Mark. Please clarify. Does the above mean that the cannisters should not be moved to check the nitrogen pressure and fill up the Motons if same is necessary?

Reaction score
Bob,

Hey buddy, nope you can move them around just do not disconnect the hose from the canister or the shock as this will introduce unwanted air into the system. A small amount no doubt but some.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark from what I can make of that and conversations i have had with Lex when I was setting mine up is that taking them apart can introduce air into the cannister instead of pure CO2. By introducing regular air, the inside of the cannister and the inner workings are then susceptable to rust. That is reason they run Nitrogen instead of simple compressed air.

I never bothered to take mine apart. But i do however refresh the nitrogen in the cannisters whenever I check them or adjust the pressure.

If anyone ever needs a rebuilt on the Motons I have a company closed by in NY call SRP Engineering which specializes in building and maintaining race car suspensions. They set mine up for me when I first got them.

Just for your guys information I have been talking with Moton and they are very adamant about NOT removing the canisters for any installations. They say there is air introduced when doing so and that it is affecting the control the shocks have. This was the first I had ever heard about this in all the years we worked with them and the WCGT shocks but they say it is important.

They are working on getting a quick dis connect fitting that will not loose oil or let air in for future production units because of all the need for the hose to be removed for installation. Will probably add a few bucks I'm sure. Fear not though as we have not seen any issues from anyones installs I think it is something they just think is needed for the last bit of performance.

Reaction score
Mark from what I can make of that and conversations i have had with Lex when I was setting mine up is that taking them apart can introduce air into the cannister instead of pure CO2. By introducing regular air, the inside of the cannister and the inner workings are then susceptable to rust. That is reason they run Nitrogen instead of simple compressed air.

I never bothered to take mine apart. But i do however refresh the nitrogen in the cannisters whenever I check them or adjust the pressure.

If anyone ever needs a rebuilt on the Motons I have a company closed by in NY call SRP Engineering which specializes in building and maintaining race car suspensions. They set mine up for me when I first got them.

The air we are talking about is in the oil portion when you disconnect the lines not the nitrogen side of it. Think about changing a brake line with out having any way to bleed it.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohhh. Now i see what you are saying. Makes sense but I am sure there is some way of bleeding it out since these Motons are rebuilt all the time.

The air we are talking about is in the oil portion when you disconnect the lines not the nitrogen side of it. Think about changing a brake line with out having any way to bleed it.

Reaction score
Yes there is a way but I guess you need special equipment that only they have. The re builders may not be aware of this either unless they work for Moton. Like I said this is the first I have heard of it and we have been doing them for years.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark I will call the shock builder that I know. As noted he builds custom Moton applications for race cars. He was even involved with a few comp coupe race teams.

Reaction score
Mark I will call the shock builder that I know. As noted he builds custom Moton applications for race cars. He was even involved with a few comp coupe race teams.

Sounds good let us know what he thinks is proper. Like I said we have never had issue with doing this but now Moton Inc. says there is a problem when you do it.

Kadeuces

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The kit is awesome! Thanks Nader. This is a must have for anyone interested in dialing in their motons' pressure to exactly what you want.