Help diagnose engine noise?

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Video from the drive home

This is an '06 with just a tad over 41k miles. Oil was changed by the dealer I bought it from at 39,8xx miles back in April. The car has never made any funny noises before. It has cat deletes, Borla mufflers and a K&N intake. The CEL has came on intermittently in the past due to no cats, so the light didn't worry me.

I went to a wedding last night and gave 2 friends a ride back to back. Nothing funny yet. About an hour later, I start it up to give the groom a ride and the noises started. I drove about a mile down the road and came right back since the noises didn't go away. The squeeling noise wasn't coming from the belt/pullies, but I couldn't pinpoint exactly where it was coming from. The car started to misfire on the way home. We put an OBD-II scanner to it and it's not pulling any codes. I tried to crank the car and now the car won't start and the CEL blinked a few times and then would go steady. My car is too low on KW V2s to get a jack under it to drain the oil and check for any metal.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was the front end vibrating? Could of lost a fan blade... That is exactly what happened to a buddy of mine. I didn't hear his car but that could be it. I will tell him to check this thread to listen in to see if it sounds similar.