Help Picking a Car.

Tom2334

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know it is all personal preference but I am having a hard time deciding what car to buy. I have three cars I am looking at. I have dealt with all three dealers over the last week and have gotten some pretty good prices for them so now I am torn on what to do. I have posted links to the three below. Just looking for some last minute info. I have called Chuck Tator to get the vin# checked but was just curious if anyone here have seen any of these cars or had any info on them. The white one was traded in on Sat. for a new Jaguar and the others I have no clue on. Thanks

Details of Used 2005 Dodge Viper, Charleston, WV - Yahoo! Autos

2005 DODGE VIPER SRT10 ..6,875 MILES YELLOW ..LOADED..UNIQUE.

Superior Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge New 300, Aspen, Crossfire, Pacifica, PT Cruiser, Sebring, Town & Country

The last link you have to do a search for the viper. Could not get a direct link. Sorry...

Thank you again.

Tom

OP
OP
T

Tom2334

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know it is all personal preference but I am having a hard time deciding what car to buy. I have three cars I am looking at. I have dealt with all three dealers over the last week and have gotten some pretty good prices for them so now I am torn on what to do. I have posted links to the three below. Just looking for some last minute info. I have called Chuck Tator to get the vin# checked but was just curious if anyone here have seen any of these cars or had any info on them. The white one was traded in on Sat. for a new Jaguar and the others I have no clue on. Thanks

Superior Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge New 300, Aspen, Crossfire, Pacifica, PT Cruiser, Sebring, Town & Country

The last link you have to do a search for the viper. Could not get a direct link. Sorry...

Thank you again.

Tom

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 3rd link doesn't work for me.. but between the white 05 and yellow 05... you'd save money on the yellow obviously with some interior features and the mileage is pretty close to the same; however, I would think the white would be more rare of a car since you don't see white vipers so much- at least I don't. So considering they are pretty close to the same I would think color would be the huge deciding factor.

Do you have any idea at all..which one are you leaning more towards?

Thank you again.

Tom

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the white one. That is a beautiful Viper. The Commemorative edition would be great to have and I think would have a better resale value than the others.

If everything checks out fine and you like verts I would get it quick especially since you can get a good deal.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
white - 53k
yellow - 52k

neither car has any valuable mods.....BOTH cars have the old 10 spokes... when u make an offer u can mention the old 10 spokes as being the reason for the offer being less than asking

OP
OP
T

Tom2334

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am leaning torwards the white one. I love that you don't see them at all on the street and it will hold its value even more than a standard SRT-10. I have gotten them below 55k for the car so far but I am still working on it. The other 2(red and yellow) I have talked them down below 50 for them. So the deals are good for all three cars this is why I am having a hard time deciding.

Tom

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No brainer- white special ed.

This car was HOT when it came on the scene, I almost traded my Mamba for it :)

Just update the wheels to 5 spokes and you have the best looking Vipe ever.

Lucky you.

OP
OP
T

Tom2334

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok trying to get the deal done on the white one. I sent him my last offer and final offer of 53.5k. Lets see what happens...:D

OP
OP
T

Tom2334

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I sent in my final offer on the white one at 53.5k. We are close so lets see what happens. :eater:

If this deal doesn't work I have 2 others to fall back on so not to worried about it.:D

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
White one for sure. Red/Yellow are possibly the worst when it comes to resale. The white one is also uncommon and a special edition.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I am not a fan of the stripes on the Commenerative Edition, it is defintely the way to go.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an 05 Commemorative Edition (#63), with Sidewinder Wheels, Paxton S/C, Belangers, 3:55's, and just love it. As previously stated, they are rare (only 100 made), and they still stand out in a crowd! I say go for the Comm. Edition car!! PM me and I'll send you pics directly to your email!

X

xjrguy

DO NOT BUY THAT CAR AT SUPERIOR!!!

I went and looked at that 2004 Viper last week.

Here is what I found:

Paint is VERY rough. Looks like car was not taken care of.

I started the car and popped the hood. What did I see? The dipstick was completely OUT of the tube, just sitting on top of the engine. The underside of the hood was covered in oil. How did the dealerships tech's miss this? How long has it been this way?

I test drove the car and it ran fine, however:

I did a car fax and this car was in a VERY BAD accident back during the first ownership. Car is also originally an east coast car.

Details of accident:

Car hit another car
Car hit center divider
Car hit median
Car was towed

Then there is an entry for some miscellaneous repairs not long after that collision.

First owner's name is Tommy George in case anyone needs to find out details about the accident.

The Trunk panels did not line up properly. Collision was to rear of car so that is why.

Serpentine belt is fraying a bit, this is a 10,000 mile car. Hmmmm?

I talked them down to $48,000 and walked away. The car appears to be a possible basketcase.

The dipstick issue was alarming. I had witnesses.

I ended up shopping around and bought a 2005 with less miles and in MINT condition that is still under warranty until 2010.

Shop around, that red one is not something I'd touch with a 10 foot pole.

Tim
2005 SRT-10
2004 Mustang Cobra
2004 Volvo C70 HPT
2005 Yamaha FJR1300 ABS

Last edited by a moderator:

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The white one will get boring, yellow no way, red too many miles for the price, imo keep looking its a buyers market and getting better more cars coming up for sale with the spring.

OP
OP
T

Tom2334

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well they will not bug below $54995 on the white one. They told me they have a Dodge dealer offering them that number so thats were they are staying at, so I think I will let them sit on it over night and if I lose it I lose it but I feel that in today's market 53.5k is a fair price.

Am I being cheap here. Is it stupid to lose this car over $1500?

Tom

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The white one will get boring, yellow no way, red too many miles for the price, imo keep looking its a buyers market and getting better more cars coming up for sale with the spring.

A red one? Is that the car in the 3rd link?? How are you guys seeing that 3rd link.. doesnt work for me :(

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well they will not bug below $54995 on the white one. They told me they have a Dodge dealer offering them that number so thats were they are staying at, so I think I will let them sit on it over night and if I lose it I lose it but I feel that in today's market 53.5k is a fair price.

Am I being cheap here. Is it stupid to lose this car over $1500?

Tom

Yes, you are being cheap (considering what I paid for mine brand new two years ago).:omg: Just buy the damn car!!!

V

Venomiss

Will you regret it later if you walk away? If so then just pay the $1500 and get the car.

OP
OP
T

Tom2334

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Point taken. I called and left him a message. Hopefully by this time tommorow I will be planning the shipment of my new car.:D

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a yellow 05 VCA. Yellow was not my first choice, but after I have had it I really like it. It is a real eye catcher and it is unique. You will enjoy the yellow.