Help...possible overspray?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my new (to me) ACR on my lift the other day and I saw something that had me worried. I saw some silver paint in places on the underside of the fascia that I am pretty sure are not suppose to be there. Anybody else with striped GEN II cars ever see this? I wondered about possibe overspray from the factory. I even found some threads on it and everyone seems to think that in this day and age its very unlikely. The paint seems to flake off very easily too. I can take it off with a fingernail.

I know repainting front fenders on a viper is very common so I am not sure what to make of all this and was looking for some opinions. The rub strips are on the fascia in case anybody was wondering and from what I can see (i'm no expert) the underneath of my ACR doesnt look any different than my RT/10 does. No paint on the frame rails or anything like that. Any input would be great!!!

CIMG0644.JPG

CIMG0645.JPG

CIMG0646.JPG

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Body panels are not painted at CAAP.

Body panels were painted and prepared at ASC and then shipped accross town to CAAP for assembly to the frame.

Might want to check with previous owner.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can take it off with a fingernail.... Why not just do it!!?
Problem solved. A good body man may be able to give you more info....but so what?? drive it and enjoy.
my .02

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine