HELP...PUT VIPER ON THE DYNO SOME DAY

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my 01 GTS to a local Dynojet Dyno today (opened 1 week ago). Mine was the first Viper they had tested. This was also the cars first test, as well as my first dyno experience. I made the following runs:

378 HP 450 LBFT
422 HP 475 LBFT
445 HP 482 LBFT
84 DEG, HUMIDITY 47%
These runs were made about 3-5 minutes apart. I thought these were good numbers based on the 450 HP and about 475 LBFT flywheel stock numbers. But upon further review, I have seen other with less mods that are reporting numbers very close to this. I ran short on time so I didn't do any more than the 3 pulls. Should I have done more than 3 pulls? Did I wait too long or not long enough between pulls? I am hoping that I had more in it, but I want some advice before I go back for more. I am trying to get the dyno printouts e-mailed to me so I can get them posted.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually be glad you got at least one good pull at 445hp 482lbft. I would think that pull was pretty normal with those mods. I think the cast piston cars do not get as much HP out of headers and exhaust as the forged piston cars. You may want to call Sean Roe and ask about a Vec 1 or Vec 2. For the money it gives a nice little extra hp approx. 15hp to wheels. What headers do you have?

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear those are good headers. I guess some of the other 01's need to chime in to give you something to compare with. But I think your fine with those last numbers.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't dyno'd with my current mods, but those numbers sound fairly reasonable to me. I dynoed 432hp/469tq with catback and smooth tubes and hope to break 450 with my current mods. I'd think you'd be somewhere in the 440 - 460 range with your mods as well.

From the way your numbers were jumping up, it looks like your car was doing some learning and a 4th run may have bumped up again. You might try doing some WOT runs before you hit the dyno next time, so the car knows what is expected of it.

I assume your numbers are SAE corrected. If not, then that would also raise your numbers a little as well since it was a fairly warm day.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to a different dyno.

No viper with your mods will pull number so radically far apart from each other. The operator has no idea on how to operate or calibrate the settings, or there is something wrong with the actual equipment.

If it is a mustang dyno, then it is the fault of the manufacturer.

2thDr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can you trust a dyno that gives you such a huge range of HP (378-445 RWHP)between runs? There's over a 60 RWHP difference between first and last runs.

OP
OP
W

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Added the Roe after Dyno. I was told that unless you run WOT often or atleast prior to running on the Dyno, the nubmers would be closer. I heard this from the guys running the Dyno and a Viper Tuner.

OP
OP
W

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excuse my poor grammar and sentence structure. What I meant to say was that unless you are running WOT often or at least prior to running on the dyno, the numbers would vary quite a bit as the computer is "learning".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather