Homestead Drag Strip - does anyone go?

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Just read that Homestead opens part of its track every Friday for a 1/8 mile drag strip, with plans to open a 1/4 mile strip. $20 and you can run all you'd like.

I live very close to the track and plan to go when I get back home in a few weeks. Does anyone here go down there regularly?

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard about it too, but I could not find any info regarding the days and times. I did talked to some people that have gone there while I was at the county line raceway about a month ago. We definetly need a 1/4 mile strip between South Broward & South Dade. Palm Beach is just too far away to drive your car to and from.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
The info I've found scattered all over the 'Net is that it happens every Friday night from 6:00 PM - 12:00 AM. They apparently had about 600 people show for the opening night, and are supposedly drawing decent crowds every Friday. $20 to race and $10 to spectate.

Why the event isn't highlighted somewhere on their website, I have no idea, but I did find this from about a month ago:

T-n-T and Car Show - Homestead-Miami Speedway

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Also found the following:

“Homestead Miami Speedway” and “Bullseye Powder Coating” would like to invite you
to participate in the 1/8 Mile DRAG Test & Tune:

Where: Homestead Miami Speedway
When: Every Friday –from 6:00pm to 10:00 pm, Gate 18
(ONLY STREET LEGAL CARS ALLOWED IN 1/8 MILE DRAG TEST & TUNE)

Motorcycles are also welcome.

Cost: $20.00

Requirements: -Mandatory Helmet & Fire Extinguisher.
-No loose items in trunk.
-No Floor mats
You must be registered for see images attach

-No tank top
-No Shorts
-No open toe shoes

Note: There will be a burnout box!!!

So, it seems either the other post is inaccurate about the times, or, they have extended the time by 2 hours.

I've also read that Countyline is not getting its lease renewed, so when that closes, Homestead should see an attendance spike in both racers and spectators.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Here's a video clip of some races at the track:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-K9A_KW9Og&feature=channel_page[/media]

Pumped me up. I'm definitely going when I get home.

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the info. I love homestead's track. Is by far better than county line. All I need to get is a pair of M/T ET drag radials to hook up good. I hope they can make it a 1/4 mile in the near future.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I called Homestead Speedway and talked to a girl about the Friday night drags.

She said it's still going on and the crowds have been getting larger each Friday, with about 1,000 people (drivers + spectators) showing up last week. I thought she might be overly optimistic about the number, but now they are letting some guy who goes by the name Rattlesnake Jimmyz videotape every Friday. He posts the vids on YouTube. You can use the YT search engine with a "Homestead drag rattlesnake" string and his series of videos will pop up, or just search "Homestead drag" for videos from anyone who posted them to YT.

Anyway, sure enough, the crowds are getting big and the line-up of cars to the drag strip was surprisingly long. They also have some serious runners. I thought it would be riceville with a bunch of NOS'd Hondas, but a lot of American muscle cars show up regularly.

There is some dude in an orange Chevy with white racing stripes who dominates every race he's in. Also an old Cadillac (I think) behemoth with a roots blower sticking out of the hood running E85. Thing is a tank, but it flies. Also a red Cobra that puts up serious numbers.

...but I've seen no Vipers there, yet ;)

Anyway, I'm planning to go in 2 weeks when I get back home, unless it rains.

Since it will be my first time drag racing for 'real' it should be a humbling experience :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4