Horrifying Day !!

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To my Viper friends and family, I am writing this today,because today shook me to my core. My family and I were enjoying a day out on our boat , we had anchored near the beach we had the generater running for the A/C.There was a wind shift during the day and my two kids were in the boat watching tv.About a half hour later my daughter came up complaining about a head ache and an upset stomach,about two minutes later my son came up and looked at me then fell into my arms.I had called 911 and called the coast gaurd,holding my almost lifeless son in my arms waiting for help has been one of the most horiffic things that has ever happend to me.My CO2 Detector did not work!!.If you don't have on GET ONE if you have one check it out and the batteries.I have to say the Coast guard were there very quick and gave both of my kids Oxegen and got them to a hospital and into a pressure chamber there blood levels were at Toxic!!
Happily I have to say as of now they are both ok, still in the Hospital but ok.Please don't let this happen to you

Russ

OP
OP
J

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you all for your thoughs and emails it meant a great deal to me.It is a long story with a happy ending thank God.holding my son in my arms was probably the worst it could get but I am happy to say he is ok ,my daughter had to be put into a hyperbaric chamber two times and she is doing fine as well ,I am glad they bot came out of the boat or it would have been a lot worse

Thank you all again

Russ

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so sorry though that your kids had to go thru all of that...who would ever know??? You did the very best job you could...glad the kids are home!!! ~juli

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ

You got my email..Anything you need bro..You know how to reach me..God Bless there ok...

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG! Russ, Adrian gave me a call and told me about your post. I'm still a bit out of touch without an office computor, but I'm shivering as I read.

THANK GOD THEY'RE FINE!!! GOOD GOD WHAT A HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE.

I can only imagine your fear. This shouldn't ever happen to a family.

Thank God they're fine!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my god, thats gotta be the scariest thing to deal with. im glad they are ok and you're lucky YOU were NOT down there with them. if you were, you might not have been able to help like ya did.

thank god they're ok !!!

Draco1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holly cow Russ, I am have chills just reading about it. I tell my customers all the time to check new and old CO2 protecters. I am here for you and your family. Just call me

Brian

OP
OP
J

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
THANK YOU EVERY ONE !!
We just got home from thr Dr office had the kids checked out and everything is ok,Thank you all for all your kind words and support,this has been one one the scariest things ever
PS - The kids are out side riding there bikes and fighting with each other like nothing ever happend I'm glad things are back to normal

Russ :2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANK GOODNESS, RUSS!!!!!!!!! Thanks for filling us in, and you must've been one scared dad!!!! Glad kids are back to being kids again~~~~~our BEST TO YOU ALL! ~mike & juli~

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ...it's an awesome feeling hearing those fights..My kids are in Greece for the pass 6 weeks and I can't even imagine how I would respond to that..You were in control bro..really..Good looking out...Just curious..Did you know right away that its was the carbon Monoxide that did this?

OP
OP
J

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes T as soon as my son came up after my daughter I knew and radioed the coast guard and to bring oxygen,they were there very quick and had an ambulance at jones beach theater waiting for my boat to dock,then they gave me an ****** to my boat slip so I can get to the hospital they were awsome and should get a lot of credit

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh my god. glad everyone is ok!! first when i saw the title i was like he prob wrecked his viper, then as i read on it got worse, then when i got to the bottom a sign of relief. god was looking over you guys..

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Man I was away just read this now thank God they are ok.Thank God you called for help when you did.As an ex boater I know what a great asset our Coast Guard is on the water.I am going home tonight and give my kids an extra big hug after hearing this. Man I have chills

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my god, thats gotta be the scariest thing to deal with. im glad they are ok and you're lucky YOU were NOT down there with them. if you were, you might not have been able to help like ya did.

That's what I was thinking too. Good thing you were able to think so quickly and efficiently. You saved their lives with your quick response.
Glad to hear a happy ending to a potentially tragic situation.
Be safe
Laura

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang