HRE Rims???

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the market for some new rims. I like a few of the HRE choices, but what makes them cost so much more than most other brands? Is the quality that much better or are you just paying for the brand name? Any others meeting the same quality for a cheaper price such as Iforged, CCW, Forgeline, etc...?

Thanks...

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mostly brand name, but their quality is top-shelf for sure. I'm a dealer for several forged brands, all of the pricey brands are very nice wheels.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love mine. The quality is worth the price.

3_13_2007_009.jpg

Reaction score
HRE wheels are VERY beautiful but so are the Forgelines and the CCW wheels. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. If you would like a quote on any of these please feel free to call me with a request. I will treat you good on the pricing.

Bullsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HRE's are incredible-and the finish is second to none IMHO. Mark is definitely the man over at Woodhouse to talk to-he took care of me when I was looking for a set, and although it was initially hard to lay out the extra funds for the wheels I was definitely satisfied with the end result!

Thanks again Mark!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say quality is top notch, and if you do have an issue, they look after you.

I think the cost may also be a little bit in the name. Being top of the line always warrants a small surcharge right!;)

DSC_0266.JPG

Robert

Last edited:

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the quality of my HRE's *****! I have a set on my M6 and the finish on the polished outer rims is fogged and streaked. I use nothing but soap and water on them and this is the second set I've seen that had this problem. Not worth the $$ IMHO.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These are my forgelines. These rims are perfect can't say anything bad at all. The company was right on time with making them and shipping them. Never had to call them back for anything so I can't say how customer service is. They also mounted the tires Jon B sent them and the sensors. he chrome is perfect and so is the low gloss powder coating.
IMG_00771.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the quality of my HRE's *****! I have a set on my M6 and the finish on the polished outer rims is fogged and streaked. I use nothing but soap and water on them and this is the second set I've seen that had this problem. Not worth the $$ IMHO.

Let me get this straight, you have the polished finish and not the chrome? I'm wanting all chrome so please clarify.

Thanks...

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are my forgelines. These rims are perfect can't say anything bad at all. The company was right on time with making them and shipping them. Never had to call them back for anything so I can't say how customer service is. They also mounted the tires Jon B sent them and the sensors. he chrome is perfect and so is the low gloss powder coating.
IMG_00771.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

Your rims look great! I want some w/o the outer hardware (bolts) showing. I looked on the Forgeline website and don't see that they offer the smooth look with the hardware on the inside like HRE does. Am I missing something or is this the case?

Thanks...

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say quality is top notch, and if you do have an issue, they look after you.

I think the cost may also be a little bit in the name. Being top of the line always warrants a small surcharge right!;)

DSC_0266.JPG

Robert

Those are the 897R's aren't they? Those are the ones I want so far. Are yours the chrome or polished finish?

Thanks...

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much heavier is chrome finish compared with polished and is heat an issue? Are the std barrels powder coated or spun finish? Extra cost for titanium fasteners or hidden hardware? HRE, ForgeLine, IForge, CCW...

silversrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a mint set of 19" HRE 545s with Pilot Sports mounted. Maybe 2-3k miles, full polish finish. Taking up space and gathering dust in my garage. Make me an offer.

First Strike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in the market for some new rims. I like a few of the HRE choices, but what makes them cost so much more than most other brands? Is the quality that much better or are you just paying for the brand name? Any others meeting the same quality for a cheaper price such as Iforged, CCW, Forgeline, etc...?

Thanks...

Check the classified, I have a set of HRE 890-R listed for a very discounted price. Under 200 mile of usage since purchased.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the wheels I like the HRE 547R. These were on pattymelt3605's Viper. I think he sold the wheels and the Viper is for sale. I don't think pattymelt will mind for me putting on this beautiful pic of his Viper with the 547's

I purchased a used set of 18" & 19" chrome 547's last week that are in perfect condition. Ill have them on soon.
Patty_melt.jpg

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is a detailed HRE - VCA Tour story in a very recent VIPER MAGAZINE.....photos and quality details in the story. HRE's largest Viper vendor was a co-sponsor of the VCA tour.

{We did not get to # 1 because Im so chummy...just less expensive, and we take wheel trades. Thanks}

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are the 897R's aren't they? Those are the ones I want so far. Are yours the chrome or polished finish?

Thanks...

Yes sir, they are. In actualy fact, these are the 897R prototype wheels. When these were ordered, that style did not exist (the bolts were only available as visible from the front), so these were sutom made and after all of the designing, this style was made available.

As for finish, they are polished 20's.

If you need more pics, or info, let me know!!:)

Robert

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your rims look great! I want some w/o the outer hardware (bolts) showing. I looked on the Forgeline website and don't see that they offer the smooth look with the hardware on the inside like HRE does. Am I missing something or is this the case?

Thanks...

Forgeline started making this style of rim with hidden hardware right after i ordered these, (i'm almost positive).

TheModCity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should all take a look at ICONZ wheels.

iconz

The quality is right there along with the others but the price is a lot less. They have similar designs as the other companies you spoke about, and they will also do any design modification you want for no charge. Best of all, production time is only 3-4 weeks tops !!!!
:2tu:

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look great, but I never hear of them. If I spend big $'s I want a Big Name to be around for the long haul.

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ehhh i have HRE 547's they are pribably about 5 years old, in insid eof the rim has a clear coast and the out side of the rim does not. I use the mothers power ball every 2 months on them to keep them clean, kinda a pain in the but, if i could do it again I think id def. go the clear coat way, but then you need to be care full not to hit anythign because thenthey start peeling and look horrible. The inside of my wheels are peeling in a few places because when i take them off to polish them i hit the brake rotor sometimes and that starts a peeling effect. For some reason i bend the rims often too. And I alwasy bring them to a rim shop here in MA once a year to have them checked for roundness, and they make them nice and round again. I duno if Im to happy overall with my HRE rims but then again it may be mostly my fault?? One thing Ill probabaly never do again is sending a bent rim to HRE, cost me $900 to replace the outside lip part, this was beofre i knoew about RIM PRO in MA who will fix a 19" rim by debending it ...is that a word? haha for $125. But then i hear that when you fix a rim that way it has a memory/soft spot and will bend again.....probaly the reason im bringing them in every year...haha hope that helps.
Martin

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...I pulled the trigger and dropped just under 7 Grand today on some new HRE's (897R) and PS2's. Hopefully I will have them by Christmas (the next time I get to see my car). Kind of a sick feeling knowing I just spent on rims and tires as much as some people I know spent for their entire vehicle, but I know it will look sharp and what the hell...I have almost 100K in it and want the best. Thanks for everyone's help and the nice pics. These rims better last a lifetime...dammit!!!

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better thats about what the forgelines are. I'm assuming you did a 19/20 setup?? You will really like them once you see them on your own car. Nice choice

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better thats about what the forgelines are. I'm assuming you did a 19/20 setup?? You will really like them once you see them on your own car. Nice choice

I actually stayed with the 19/18 setup because I was informed that this would create additional traction issues, which I'm already having. I wanted to keep as much rubber as possible on the rear. I would have rather had the 20's on the back...I hope my decision was justified with reality.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...I pulled the trigger and dropped just under 7 Grand today on some new HRE's (897R) and PS2's. Hopefully I will have them by Christmas (the next time I get to see my car). Kind of a sick feeling knowing I just spent on rims and tires as much as some people I know spent for their entire vehicle, but I know it will look sharp and what the hell...I have almost 100K in it and want the best. Thanks for everyone's help and the nice pics. These rims better last a lifetime...dammit!!!

I threw in an SRT brake upgrade on my GTS along with the iForged wheels that Dan at Viper Specialty is getting for me so my tab is currently at $12,600 and change. What is that, like 2 Hyundai's? :lmao:

Yeah, it is amazing what we spend on our cars.

Sounds like Texas is doing their part to help keep the economy afloat. :2tu:

:tx:

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ordered the ICONZ wheels a few weeks ago. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
20u3gj7.jpg

Last edited: