I HAVE A BIG RACE SET UP FOR THIS WEEKEND...

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have challenged a gsxr-1000 to a roll on race. He is about 140 lbs and the bike has a slip on exhaust. We plan to go from about 70-180 or so. I am going to check out the "track" to see how smooth it is at higher speeds. After the race, I am considering a 0-200mph acceleration run if things feel good. I have three cameras set up. Two are fixed(one on the speedo, one out the back window) and one will be held by my passenger. I have also arranged to have both laser, and radar on site to verify speeds.

I will share the vids once I get them up and going. :2tu:

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is like waiting for x mas morning.Have fun and awaiting videos :2tu: :headbang:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AS much as I hate you (previous post joke), I'd hate to see something happen to ya, even if you're AB's lover. Be careful, getting to 200 mph is only 1/2 the battle, the other is coming back down to earth with us mere mortals (aka getting back down to zero mph alive).

Dont add me to your "Mom's worried list", cuz like a train wreck, I'd still watch... lol..

Jon

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AS much as I hate you (previous post joke), I'd hate to see something happen to ya, even if you're AB's lover.

Jon

Jon,
I must have missed something, or you have me confused with someone else, though I am sure AB's a nice lookin' fella. :) Thanks for the concern. I have a good set of brakes on the car, so hopefully, I will be able to stop. We chose a stretch of track that is about 8 miles of straight smooth road. I could coast to a stop in that distance.

DanElam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me get this straight.... 180 MPH on a public street. Then followed by 200 mph on the same street in a car with no roll bars. And the entire sum of the skill involved is... pressing a pedal three inches?

This sounds like the setup to one of those jokes that begins, "Hey guys! Watch this!"

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up here in Wisconsin, I always worry about deer running out in the road when I am out playing. Be careful. I still want to see a video though.

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me get this straight.... 180 MPH on a public street. Then followed by 200 mph on the same street in a car with no roll bars. And the entire sum of the skill involved is... pressing a pedal three inches?

I will not be racing on a public street. :rolleyes:
Why don't you just stick to the "what type of zaino should I apply to my plastic trim" threads, and stay the **** away from my threads. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely stupid thing to do

You are a punk for running your mouth here! Taking my TT GTS to a safe place with the law overlooking the event is a stupid things to do huh? Do you even have a set between your legs?? You see, different people think different things are stupid. Take me, for example. I think that bottom of the line CL500 ya got there is a waste of money. If my CL-600 wasn't fast, I wouldn't have the damn car, but you see, I'm not the type of person to come on someone elses thread and talk **** for no reason.

Am I taking a risk? Sure I am, but I'm the only one being put at risk. I have gone to great lenghts to make sure no one else is put in danger. You show you have absolutely no class to come onto my post and flap your lips. If you don't like what I am going to do just move the **** on! I built this car to go fast every once in a while, so while you are at home pampering your little(slow) baby, I'll be out kicking ass and taking names, representing the viper community. :usa:

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To everyone else who offers support... thanks guys :2tu: I'm a little nervous about it, and I appreciate the thoughts. :2tu:

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gary, take care and most of all, have fun! Just make sure you are at the next go kart race though.
Good Luck buddy, Tony

Flyviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gary I'll tell why I said it's a stupid idea. 25 years ago my brother and I did something very similar to what you intend to do. We were in the desert outside of Las Vegas and feeling immortal. We weren't racing anyone but just making a speed run. Sometime after 150 mph ,not due to driver error, the car ****** to the right and could not recover. Neither could the driver. Dead at the scene and for some reason I survived. When I saw your post I had to say something and if my son were trying to do what you want to do I would beg him not to-- I love him too much. Our cars are unbelievably quick and highly capable of handling ultra high speeds but it's the unknown that we can't control. I hope you rethink this. I wish no harm to you and I'm sure you have people out there who would be devistated if something happened to you. Those are the one's perhaps you should think about.In any event good luck.

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fly,
I am really sorry to hear that, and I appreciate your concern, I really do, but you can see where your post was more confrontational than helpful. I will take what you have said into account. I will have to make that decision for myself when the time comes. Thanks.

Plum,
I'm gonna stomp that bike!!

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary, I'm sure this is a silly question, but in stomping this bike you DO have 5 point seatbelts right? Regardless, your car is beautiful and enjoy it!

Jay K.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with that said gary if you dont race him I will be happy to fly down and race him with your car :) ) P.S. make sure the camera out the rear is in focus so we can see his disappointment as you pull him

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary,

I think you will win.

It's kind of interesting how a ZX-10R with ~2.3 lb/hp ratio will top out at 185 mph, and a Diablo with a ~6.7 lb/hp ratio will top out at 207 mph. Of course the bike will smoke the lambo to 100 mph though (assuming a good rider).

So to sum it up, As the speeds get faster, Big HP and your Viper's aero advantage will make make up for the bike's lb/hp ratio.

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary...looking forward to the results. As said here already, be safe and have FUN. Looking for the return of your bandwidth so I can download those still pics of the nicest looking Viper ever!

:2tu: :2tu:

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gary based on viewing your solo vid to 150mph you should no doubt represent ViperNation well in this bike run.
Look forward to seeing your winning mpeg. Good luck.

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The 0-150 video was on a much lower power level. I think this should be impressive. I am leaving to go race right now. I will check in in a couple of hours, hopefully...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang