I think I just sold my 96 rt/10 I'm looking.

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I just sold my 96 rt/10 I\'m looking.

I just got off the phone with a dealer who wants to buy my Viper. I sold him my last one and he wants another one now. I should know tommorrow. I have been talking to Bill at Woodhouse about going with an SRT, the car is growing on me but I'm still not sure I like the looks?? I do like the features though. I have been talking with 4 dealer's who still have new 02 FE's but haven't come to any deals yet. I also found a 96 GTS Blu/Wht with 3000 miles I would love to have but the guy who owns it keep draging his feet. If I sell it tommorrow I'll have 30 day's to buy another one to keep my tax credit. :confused:

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I think I just sold my 96 rt/10 I\'m looking.

I'm thinking of selling my 96 white/blue RT for a blue/white GTS. I personally wouldn't go with an SRT as looks are slightly more important to me than performance and I just don't like the SRT, no flame intended, just my personal preference.

How does the tax credit work? I know if you sell a car to a dealer and buy another through them you only have to pay the sales tax on the difference. Is it possible to sell your car to an individual and buy from another individual and still show the tax collectors office/DMV the proof so you don't have to pay full sales tax?

OP
OP
V

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I run a new car dealership so I would just hold the paperwork until I bought a new one and then show it as a trade.

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viper1996...care to share the info on four dealers with brand new '02 FE available?

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I am selling my 96 GTS. All the details are in the classified section. Its a great deal if you want to add some modifications since its all apart at Macedo Motorsports.

Keith

OP
OP
V

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No problem on the info, we have 2 Dodge dealerships so I had them run a locate and fax me their number's. I have it at work. I'll get you the info. The problem I'm running into is they want net/net for the cars which is roughly $70,000 on a $79,000 msrp. There ain't no way I'll pay anywhere near that when you can buy a low mile used SRT for that or a little less. I'm still waiting to hear back from one more guy tommorrow.

MKB96Viper, where is Macedo Motorsports and why is your car all apart? PM me a price and some info.

Thanks Brett

OP
OP
V

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score

well I didn't get together with the dealer yet. He hurt his back so he is putting it off for a few day's.