I WANT ONE OF THESE!! Now how about you? (pics)

SNKBITN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: I WANT ONE OF THESE!! Now how about you? (pics)

Unless this top is projected to be north of 12k, I definitely want one. In red of course!

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Chris! As always, you're an asset to the community.

Hey, since you've suggested that the manufacturer(s) is/are a bit worried about the demand for the product, do you think they would be willing/able to provide a price range at this time in order to gauge interest? As I've stated before, I'm VERY interested in this mod for the track so long as it is constructed with something shatter resistant and will provide some meaningful (although small) degree of rollover protection when used in conjunction with the AF roll bar. However, like everyone else, there is a price point beyond which I will not be able to justify the expense.

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

vipera, im thinking there is a good chance that this modification to the trunklid and roofline will easily exceed 10,000 dollars. I know that is pure speculation, but I think at this point, that is the price range that this could cost...i know it's not going to be anywhere near the price of a regular hardtop from autoform. The price will be steep for sure..

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FLYNLO--You're probably right. Well, it's better to start digesting that price tag sooner rather than later.

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I love the look. I would definitely want one, but not at any price.

The convertible top looks great when raised and not that many of us drive in winter or harsh weather. I know there are many racers who are clearly interested, but a lot of us don't get a chance to spend much track time.

Soooooo....I want one, but I don't NEED one. The last version shown here is very ****. If the price is right then count me in. If not then the money will go toward something else.

Dirk

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yes, for a price above 7-8 grand, i would much rather get the new turbo kit that heffner is producing for the srt10's...at a price around 11 grand, your hard earned money could not be better spent.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will speak with both of the companies looking at these designs and see if I can't get some guessitmates of pricing. I do know that the top itself is designed to be as strong (or stronger) as any of the current aftermarket hard tops for the SRT. One company is talking a carbon fiber/Kevlar combination - not sure about the other. One thing is sure: If they know we will buy it, the chances are excellent that they will build it...

Hopefully I will get some more information this holiday weekend and will post what I can!

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't have an SRT10 (yet) but if I did, I'd buy this top. Best mod I've seen yet.

Question: How do you get into the trunk?

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe it was going to cost too much $$ to produce and not enough demand for it.

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want one...Do you take cash or credit?? hehe

You must be registered for see images attach

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe we can get a "Group" Viper club member discount????

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed reply, it's been a hectic week! Anywho, I will check with the folks looking to build this and see how it is progressing. The last I heard it was not dead by any means. Indeed, there are a couple manufacturers looking to do something like this.

How to get in the trunk? Depends on whether the back glass (or plexi) is hinged or not. My guess is that it will be, in which case you can access the trunk just as you would with a GTS. I really do think this is a great mod for those that love both the Coupe look and convertible fun in the summer. Have your cake and eat it too!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chris, are you selling your car or did you sell it?

Neither. Managed to scrape up enough pennies in the couch cushions to pay the Kansas license plate extortion last month ($1094 for the Viper alone) and figure I am now in for good. That and I am fully recovered from the Rendezvous. :2tu: 'Fraid you are going to have to put up with me for a while...

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chris, can you spill the beans on the manufacturer or get them to come on here. I'm getting ready to purchase a hardtop and am really happy with my decision to get an Autoform, but this has me *******.

I don't want to drop coin on an Autoform and have this thing come out soon after. Pics, release date, and pricing would help if these guys are serious.

STORMCAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Any recent updates on this potentially new product?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have dropped them a couple notes on this of late and am not sure where they are at in the design/execution phases. However I do know that another manufacturer is entering the fray with a very similar design. They have seen the interest here and have almost finished the first one for another client. Will certainly let you know as I hear more from either one!

Fasteddie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm also serious about buying a top from Autoform for my silver 04 SRT. However, I would like to see if this new top design actually does come to fruition before I plunk down the money for the Autoform top. Any update on this new top would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Fasteddie :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21