Impact of 2012 Viper on 2010 Viper sales

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I for one like the Gen IV alot better than my 00ACR I had . Too me the new ACR is a lot more appealing then the older Gen 2's . Pretty sure in a survey it would be close as to which car is more appealing the GTS or the Gen IV ACR . Each to there own :2tu:

Some here have made the analogy between the Gen2 Viper and the C2 Mid Year Corvettes (63-67). As the C2s are more desirable than the C1s and all other generation Vettes the Gen2 Vipers will be the pick over the Gen1s as well as the Gen3s and Gen4s for collectors.

If I can only have one Viper it will be a GTS... If I could have two the second would probably be a Gen4 ACR.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agree , as an ex Vette owner,the only years I'd ever buy again, would be from 63-67 . Especially one with a 427 ;), what a sound out of those sidepipes.Wish I had this one now next to my GTS
You must be registered for see images

Note the skinny tires,yet it hooked up pretty good with 3.73 gears.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I can only have one Viper it will be a GTS... If I could have two the second would probably be a Gen4 ACR.

I thought that too till I owned both.
Now I have to force myself to take the GTS out, it isn't even close.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that too till I owned both.
Now I have to force myself to take the GTS out, it isn't even close.

I guess it depends on the type of driving experience you enjoy... I do believe that the market will speak and in 3 to 4 years it will say that a Gen2 and a Gen4 ACR will intersect in value and the upward and downward trends for each car will continue for a good while. The GTS just does a better job of capturing the essence of the Cobra Coupes which are among the most prized collector cars in history. It even has similar dominant racing prominence... We already know that the most prized Vipers were built in 98. Everyone looks for the Gen5 to more closely resemble the Gen2s so right now sales of Gen4s will be slow. If the Gen5 turns out to be a re-badged Alfa the Gen4s will maintain more value and demand will be high.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it depends on the type of driving experience you enjoy... I do believe that the market will speak and in 3 to 4 years it will say that a Gen2 and a Gen4 ACR will intersect in value and the upward and downward trends for each car will continue for a good while. The GTS just does a better job of capturing the essence of the Cobra Coupes which are among the most prized collector cars in history. It even has similar dominant racing prominence... We already know that the most prized Vipers were built in 98. Everyone looks for the Gen5 to more closely resemble the Gen2s so right now sales of Gen4s will be slow. If the Gen5 turns out to be a re-badged Alfa the Gen4s will maintain more value and demand will be high.

The Gen 2's have bottomed out in the last few years, they have no where to go but up.
Obviously any new Gen 4 ACR is going to depreciate, that is the nature of any new vehicle.
But their values intersect and the Gen 2 rise higher in the next few years....that is laughable. NEVER.

Only about 600 Gen 4 ACR's made in the world. Ever.
The culmination of all the Viper generations rolled into one SUPER car. And make no mistake, the Gen 4 ACR IS a super car.
Fastest producton car at the 'ring, Laguna etc ..on and on.
A Gen 2 will be more valuable than that. Never.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 13 year old Gen2 GTS-R is already worth more than a new Gen4 ACR. I believe a mint yellow RT/10 went over $70k in the past year at one of the auctions. Some of the Gen2 FE ACRs have gone close to $70k recently. There were only 800 Gen2 ACRs built over 4 years.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Granted it was prob around 4 years ago, but I remember seeing a 1996 GTS B/W with only 40miles selling for $82,000.

So I would imagine any GEN II Viper with extremely low miles being a B/W, Bumble Bee, Graphite Metallic or Sapphire Blue being worth a pretty good amount right now.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen 2's have bottomed out in the last few years, they have no where to go but up.
Obviously any new Gen 4 ACR is going to depreciate, that is the nature of any new vehicle.
But their values intersect and the Gen 2 rise higher in the next few years....that is laughable. NEVER.

Only about 600 Gen 4 ACR's made in the world. Ever.
The culmination of all the Viper generations rolled into one SUPER car. And make no mistake, the Gen 4 ACR IS a super car.
Fastest producton car at the 'ring, Laguna etc ..on and on.
A Gen 2 will be more valuable than that. Never.

I think the actual number is closer to 750 Gen IV ACRs....I totally agree, very rare car! Glad to have one!

:)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I see, we are going to cherry pick mint GTS's with dealer mileage or GTS-R's now to Gen 4 ACR's.
Extremely rare cars with no mileage.

Umm how about back in the real world.
If you feel that strongly I will be happy to sell you my mint '97 BW (THE most desirable GTS) with 14K on it for...how about 75K?
Good investment. Let me know. :2tu:

Last edited by a moderator:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the actual number is closer to 750 Gen IV ACRs....I totally agree, very rare car! Glad to have one!

:)

2008 ACR total units 179
2009 ACR total units 257
2010 ACR total units unknown now expected to be less than 200?

How did you come up with 750?

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I see, we are going to cherry pick mint GTS's with dealer mileage or GTS-R's now to Gen 4 ACR's.
Extremely rare cars with no mileage.

Umm how about back in the real world.
If you feel that strongly I will be happy to sell you my mint '97 BW (THE most desirable GTS) with 14K on it for...how about 75K?
Good investment. Let me know. :2tu:

Not, what I was getting at Jon. I know the GEN 4 ACR is worth A LOT more than any GEN II. I was just stating a fact from what I saw once of a low mile B/W going for a good amount of money. I'm sure you're right about the GEN 4 ACR always holding value as well, but so will the GEN IIs at some point in time, especially the B/W if it's in pristine condition. Also, I don't know about the 97 being the most desirable, both the 96 and 97 are equal in my opinion, if not the 96 for being the first regardless of what better upgrades the 97 has. I'm sure the 97 might be more desirable in today's world for someone looking to buy one and drive the hell out of it, but years down the road as a collectors car/garage queen with extremely low miles and in great condition etc., I would put my money on the 96 being the more desirable year. Just my honest opinion whether people agree or not. :smirk:

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not, what I was getting at Jon. I know the GEN 4 ACR is worth A LOT more than any GEN II. I was just stating a fact from what I saw once of a low mile B/W going for a good amount of money. I'm sure you're right about the GEN 4 ACR always holding value as well, but so will the GEN IIs at some point in time, especially the B/W if it's in pristine condition. Also, I don't know about the 97 being the most desirable, both the 96 and 97 are equal in my opinion, if not the 96 for being the first regardless of what better upgrades the 97 has. I'm sure the 97 might be more desirable in today's world for someone looking to buy one and drive the hell out of it, but years down the road as a collectors car/garage queen with extremely low miles and in great condition etc., I would put my money on the 96 being the more desirable year. Just my honest opinion whether people agree or not. :smirk:

Was referring to BW's in general CostanZo, not '97's in particular...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang