It's officially on the streets now!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watch out for a slightly used green Hellcat coming up for sale in short while.:crazy2: Well did not take too long….

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a gut feeling we're going to see more articles like this pop up over the next few months.

Driver training, driver training, driver training, driver training, driver training.........:drive:

Ghosteh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Police are investigating, but the weather and road conditions were reportedly clear at the time and it’s not known if speed was a factor or not

... I'm betting that it MIGHT have been somewhat of a factor on a posted 40mph road. lol!

Hope the owner got that "new car replacement" insurance!

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a gut feeling we're going to see more articles like this pop up over the next few months.

Driver training, driver training, driver training, driver training, driver training.........:drive:

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets see....heavier than a Viper, more powerful, with narrower tires..sounds like a car for everyone. ;) Seriously, glad nobody was hurt.

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!! One hour after purchase...well at least the driver is Okay. Good news is... there's gonna be great deal on a salvaged Hellcat..

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a stick that must be a fun car to drive, I would love to buy one, and four other cool cars that are out now, but my pockets are empty right now.:(

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give it some time and Nineball will have a realistic report on the Hellcat.

gts_2001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Sublime Green Hellcat is due to be delivered today. Not having driven one before, I'm glad that I have 14 years of Viper experience under my belt before getting behind the wheel! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Chally Hellcat is an interesting vehicle. It has a 2.62 rear end. (Yes. You read that right.) There is a black one already running around my area. He took off in front of me from about ten MPH when I was in my Jeep the other day. I wanted to see how I would do so I went to WOT a split second after him. He was talking to his passeneger so I do not think he saw me behind him. I did not catch up to him but I kept up to him acceleration wise. (I think my 3.73 diff made a difference. Keep in mind that my Jeep produces 610 flywheel HP.) We only went to about 70. I am sure that as speeds got higher, he would have pulled away. The car is fast but I predict that someone will change out the diff ratio; put a set of drag radials on it and, with a well prepped track and good weather pull a 10.5 or better.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Sublime Green Hellcat is due to be delivered today. Not having driven one before, I'm glad that I have 14 years of Viper experience under my belt before getting behind the wheel! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Sounds like some serious fun. Just guessing that your talking about your Gen II, so I'd love to hear your take on the acceleration characteristics between the two cars. Congrats !!

gts_2001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like some serious fun. Just guessing that your talking about your Gen II, so I'd love to hear your take on the acceleration characteristics between the two cars. Congrats !!

I've been through 2 generations, the 2001 GTS, 2003 SRT 10 Vert and 2006 SRT 10 Blue / White Coupe. Each was faster than the previous car. The Hellcat seems faster than all of them possibly because of the much larger physical size and the Supercharger. My seat time in the Hellcat has so far been very limited due to cold Michigan temps and the desire NOT to do a Colorado encore! I will say that it is much easier to smoke the tires in the Hellcat (Auto 8 speed) than any of the Vipers. Again, this may be a misleading initial impression as the tires on the Hellcat are much narrower than on the Vipers. I'll be able to comment more credibly in the spring.

http://www.hellcat.org/gallery/photos/427/

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Last edited:

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with the new car, its AWESOME.:) My wife has a 2013 challenger SRT auto trans in white, rides great and I think that car is fast, 707 is going to be sick.

Last edited:

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the V10 is the only way to go in a Viper, thats what made it so special when it first came out and its what sets it apart from everything else today. If you super charged the V10 you would have way more than 700 hp. The place for the Hellcat engine is the new Dart, now that would be fun.:D

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been through 2 generations, the 2001 GTS, 2003 SRT 10 Vert and 2006 SRT 10 Blue / White Coupe. Each was faster than the previous car. The Hellcat seems faster than all of them possibly because of the much larger physical size and the Supercharger. My seat time in the Hellcat has so far been very limited due to cold Michigan temps and the desire NOT to do a Colorado encore! I will say that it is much easier to smoke the tires in the Hellcat (Auto 8 speed) than any of the Vipers. Again, this may be a misleading initial impression as the tires on the Hellcat are much narrower than on the Vipers. I'll be able to comment more credibly in the spring.

http://www.hellcat.org/gallery/photos/427/

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Thanks for the info., that is one awesome car!

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I can hardly wait until spring to discover it's full potential!!

If you understand the true nature of the situation, you'll realize that your full potential is achieved upon death. I'd put a check on that enthusiasm and enjoy every minute of winter.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets