Just curious. Why do people list cars that they have

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to list only the Viper in my signature but after seeing people list everything, I changed my signature on all auto forums to include a listing of all my current vehicles in order of year. On non-Viper forums, that means the Viper is the first vehicle listed because it's the oldest one. I have been called a snob but since I'm not one, I don't mind.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've wondered the same thing. IMO, its pretty stupid. :rolleyes: I dont care if you've owned a Viper before your previous one. Hell, I dont care what you own period. Just put your current Viper(s) or nothing at all.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've wondered the same thing. IMO, its pretty stupid. :rolleyes: I dont care if you've owned a Viper nefore your previous one. Hell, I dont care what you own period. Just put your current Viper(s) or nothing at all.

You wouldn't mind Austin if I listed other present sports cars I own.. :cool:

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple reason why I do it... I often look at the sigs of people to see what cars they've had in case I need help. For example, when I had my 98 GTS, I asked former owners of 98's who now own 2001+ cars how they like ABS compared to the non-ABS Vipers.

I have also asked people with other makes/models their opinion on those cars.

I guess some people may use it as an ego boost... I just find it helpful :)

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've wondered the same thing. IMO, its pretty stupid. :rolleyes: I dont care if you've owned a Viper nefore your previous one. Hell, I dont care what you own period. Just put your current Viper(s) or nothing at all.

You wouldn't mind Austin if I listed other present sports cars I own.. :cool:

Sure, its your sig, not mine. :cool:

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple reason why I do it... I often look at the sigs of people to see what cars they've had in case I need help. For example, when I had my 98 GTS, I asked former owners of 98's who now own 2001+ cars how they like ABS compared to the non-ABS Vipers.

I have also asked people with other makes/models their opinion on those cars.

I guess some people may use it as an ego boost... I just find it helpful :)

Exactly. I find it pretty informative when I'm looking for an opinion on something.

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Precisely. If someone is rendering an opinion on a specific model and performance upgrades, the signature block tells me if that individual has hands on experience with the vehicle, general knowledge or mere speculation based upon magazines on the nightstand and the friends of a friend's friend vehicle.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Precisely. If someone is rendering an opinion on a specific model and performance upgrades, the signature block tells me if that individual has hands on experience with the vehicle, general knowledge or mere speculation based upon magazines on the nightstand and the friends of a friend's friend vehicle.
There's more 3 syllable words and 4 syllable words in that small paragraph that I use all day. Props to 'ya!

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what the fuss is about...it's not much different than asking someone you knew or even just met, "Hey what'd you own before the Viper?"

Sometimes the SOLD list shows an upwards progression in automotive taste, sometimes not.

Besides, where's it written that your signature cannot list some recent previously owned cars? (or a list (sometimes lengthy!) of other currently owned cars for that matter?)

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
So long as we don't get into that annoying banner crap the bowtie guys seems to love you all can list your exgirlfriends for all I care. There's simply not enough room to list all my ex-cars...............and/or women....

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
SOLD in their profile at the bottom? What's the point?

If you ever sell your '95 and buy a newer model, wouldn't you want others to know that you owned one before, so they understand your perspective? :headbang:

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But do you care if I sold a VW bug back in '65 (No I did not and could not have :) )

So for sold if for Vipers yes, for others why, what is the point? And I would keep other cars listed to be sports cars. No one cares if you drive a benz, a navigator, etc.

OP
OP
N

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
SOLD in their profile at the bottom? What's the point?

If you ever sell your '95 and buy a newer model, wouldn't you want others to know that you owned one before, so they understand your perspective? :headbang:

Good points. As long as it is kept to Vipers. :D

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cris:

I agree; your ownership of a Range Rover, Acura MDX or Kia is not relevant to a signature block.

If your previous ride was a Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche or that Chevrolet car (sorry, the name eludes me), then it lets me know that you are upwardly mobile and bought a Viper.

I look for four things in messages...is this a VCA Member (thus guaranteed owner), does he have the same geneation Viper as I, what mods has he done, and does his message communicate that he is edumacated...like has he granulated high school or colledge?

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cris:

I agree; your ownership of a Range Rover, Acura MDX or Kia is not relevant to a signature block.

If your previous ride was a Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche or that Chevrolet car (sorry, the name eludes me), then it lets me know that you are upwardly mobile and bought a Viper.

I look for four things in messages...is this a VCA Member (thus guaranteed owner), does he have the same geneation Viper as I, what mods has he done, and does his message communicate that he is edumacated...like has he granulated high school or colledge?

Now I can really relate to a guy whos ;) :2tu:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"not enough room to list all my ex-cars...............and/or women...."

Why?
How big were those women? ;-)

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"not enough room to list all my ex-cars...............and/or women...."

Why?