Just raced a 03 SC cobra

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those things run good! but the viper proved to be the bigger snake.

raced from about 20mph to about 95-100, I pulled him by about 5 or so carts. it stayed with me in 1st! (my tires were spinning a bit more then his I guess).... (this is me running with OUT the NOS)

those things are not bad for a $35K car vs $89K for my ACR!

DanElam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder which config you raced? Some of the SP Cobra guys are on the track with us when I run the FFR Spec Racer (I don't race my Viper). A couple are absolutely incredible. The Car 7 Driver shoot out had one of their cars do _really_ well. One of the SP cars puts out well over 600HP and all of the cars weigh a lot less than a Viper. To be fair, they are tube frame race cars with just a street title. These are not production cars.

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that was with a 150 shot of NOS (BTR kit) everything els stock.

the car is a very good running car, it ran 12.44@117mph 100% stock ther at 3600ft with 2.0 60ft times on a street day at the Roswell track (no VHT).

the 11.74@127mph was with a 2.4 sec 60ft time on the NOS all the way.

it will run 11.9X@125 every pass with only using the NOS in 3rd, and 4th gears

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Low 11's is AWESOME. What magazine was it? I would love to check that article out.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rconaway:
One of the Mustang magazines just did a run where they changed the pulley on the s/c to the Lightning version, dropped slicks on it, did the usual pull the spare tire stuff to the tune of lightening the car by 150lbs, then ran a low 11. Not bad for $100 worth of mods

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EdmontonGTS, Rconaway, thanks. I'll have to check it out. Those 03 Cobras are sweet! I agree with Rob, it's too bad they stopped making the Fbody
frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rconaway:
I screwed up, the time was 11.67. I went back and looked after I typed this. Apparently changing the pulley brings the car up to 14.5lbs of boost which is around 440-450hp. There are a couple of shops that are claiming that by changing the exhaust and putting on a new air filter kit/assembly also, they are seeing 480-500hp. The magazine was Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>