Kennys Viper progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD68GTO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[*****] happened to "Hey Kenny,

Yes, I hope to have the car to you sometime in the month of November, Sir. I'll drive the car more tomorrow and it seems to be working properly now. Thank you, Kenny!

Best regards,

Larry Macedo "

Today's date is Dec 3 and Kenny doesn't have his car back-is anyone concerned here besides a handful of people? Really, would you send your car these after seeing Larry's customer service in action? I know I would not-it has been there for MONTHS subsequent to being delivered and been given AMPLE opportunity to make this right, but still not finished. This started in 2005 and it is almost 2007 and NOT DONE?!?!? I would get my car now, get a lawyer and take action. This is simply ridiculous and to the people that said give Larry a chance-well Kenny did, and yes Kenny did ***** about his car rightfully so, but he did give Larry a chance but 3 months later the car isn't complete? Is it me, or does this sound like a tuner's story for years ago that we all know by the initials J*.....

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted a first hand experience with a dealership (who just happens to be a vendor) in the GenIII forums and it swiftly got removed not more then a week or two ago. The moderator that removed it still hasnt got back to me to hear my side of the story after I pm'd him. I'm suprised this thread has lasted as long as it has.

A year of this is just hard to even imagine. What could take it so long? I would bet if Larry were a vendor this thread wouldnt exist. Its best I guess not to speculate about whats going on...it just gets people in trouble.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[*****] happened to "Hey Kenny,

Yes, I hope to have the car to you sometime in the month of November, Sir. I'll drive the car more tomorrow and it seems to be working properly now. Thank you, Kenny!

Best regards,

Larry Macedo "

Today's date is Dec 3 and Kenny doesn't have his car back-is anyone concerned here besides a handful of people? Really, would you send your car these after seeing Larry's customer service in action? I know I would not-it has been there for MONTHS subsequent to being delivered and been given AMPLE opportunity to make this right, but still not finished. This started in 2005 and it is almost 2007 and NOT DONE?!?!? I would get my car now, get a lawyer and take action. This is simply ridiculous and to the people that said give Larry a chance-well Kenny did, and yes Kenny did ***** about his car rightfully so, but he did give Larry a chance but 3 months later the car isn't complete? Is it me, or does this sound like a tuner's story for years ago that we all know by the initials J*.....

What makes me sick is that there have been people on here bashing Kenny and for what reason? Because he wants his freaking car to run right? Many including myself said send it back and give him another chance to fix it. Now it has been three months and he still doesn't have it back. Yes Kenny's theatrical expressions at times are annoying but that doesn't matter what does matter is that he paid 28k for a car that currently doesn't run worth a [*****]. Why does it seem that other people on here know more about the status of Kenny's car than Kenny? Larry should be in constant contact with Kenny updating him. I was hoping for Kenny's sake that it would be fixed and this whole thing would be over.

Kenny do yourself a favor and go get your CAR. Send it to someone that can fix it!!

S

SUN RA KAT

Larry and myself should have signed a contract at the beginning of his project on my car. We had a verbal agreement that would have been just fine if the project went fine. The project did not go fine and there was and still is communication problems. The lack of a written contract has made this much more difficult than it should be.

The paperwork that I am required to sign to get my car back came as a complete surprise to me. If I was forwarded a copy of it at the time that Larry added it, I would have some idea of what I am being forced to sign to get my car back is. It may be an excellent agreement for both parties or it may not. This is a lack of communication that could have been avoided, and hopefully I will be getting a copy of it before it is signed.

I do not want to relive the time period from November 13, 2005 (the last day I drove my Viper and it ran right and the day before it was delivered to Larry), until whenever this nightmare ends ever again - not even in a courtroom (I do NOT want to sue) - I just want the Viper that Larry is known for and why I chose him in the first place back home in my garage.

Larry has had enough time on his second chance starting September 8, 2006 to have my car running right and the finished product to be something he is proud of. That's good enough for me to accept the car then.

Larry has put in the AEM-EMS system on his own and deserves a lot of credit for putting it in out of the profits on my project. Larry also has been saving me a big hassle with some problems with the AEM system and I thank him for that. Simms has been in my car and reported to me that it drives smoother than his car. It sounds like Larry has my car tuned so he can be proud of it and that's good enough for me.

Larry says my Viper may be completed by the end of this coming week and either myself or a designated driver of my choice still has to sign papers that neither my lawyer nor myself have ever seen before he will return my Viper to me.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like good news that you will FINALLY get your car back now, don't know what to think about those papers though. Good luck!

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of "papers"? Is it a waiver of some sort? A release? Is he trying to get you to release him from any and all liability and causes of action either known or unknown which may arise as a result of the work he's done on your car?

I'd be very suspect of a complete release. Depending on how it's written, you may be giving up your right to take action against him if you later determine that he didn't actually put any forged pistons in the car or didn't actually use the $6,000 Stryker heads or something of that nature.

What do you get in return for your signing these "papers"? I don't think even in Florida the law is such that someone can bargain for a complete release without giving you something in return. Giving you back your OWN car which you ALREADY PAID FOR is not consideration for a release. It sounds like someone is holding your car hostage until you give him some "paperwork" which is likely intended to let him off the hook for anything and everything.

Sounds like complete BS to me.

I can tell you that if I got overcharged by 30% or more for the parts and labor, got less performance than I was promised, and was without my car for a full calendar year, I'd be furious. I've seen tuners build 1200 hp twin turbo stroker motor cars from the ground up in 120 days. A simple piston swap, with a head and cam upgrade is NOT a year long project. You must have the patience of Job.

Just my $.02

S

SUN RA KAT

The last time I drove my Viper and it ran right was November 13, 2005 just before it went to Macedo Motorsports.

Some details of what happened are here http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat...e=0&fpart=2

Larry was paid a total of $28,000 in June 2006 for my Viper being completed.

Larry delivered it to me July 1, 2006 with an undrivable bad tune.

Larry Macedo has had my Viper back since September 8, 2006 for a second chance to make it right.

Larry emailed me in October that he hopes to have my Viper running right and returned to me sometime in November 2006.

My Viper was not returned to me in November 2006.

Then Larry said my Viper was completed December 13, 2006.

Then it wasn't ready December 15, 2006.

It's still not ready according to Larry.

My Viper has not been shipped back yet.

What is today's date?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not sign ANY papers without having an attorney review them 1st. I think JohnnyBravo hit the nail on the head. Signing any releases, especially considering this whole fiasco is extremely risky without having an attorney review them

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG everywhere i look i see the same damn thread. its the same thing over and over. please make it stop !!!

S

SUN RA KAT

OMG everywhere i look i see the same damn thread. its the same thing over and over. please make it stop !!!

Only Larry Macedo returning my car to me can make it stop.

He's only had my car back for a second chance to make it right since September 8, 2006 to deal with mostly tuning issues - how many months has it been now?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reading about this situation both here and at the Alley, it is simply incomprehensible to me that Macedo would let this go on with apparently no end in sight. Regardless of right or wrong why would you let your business be dragged through the mud like this? After this debacle can anyone say they would not have second thoughts about using this tuner? It's a small Viper community. I don't get it.

S

SUN RA KAT

Reading about this situation both here and at the Alley, it is simply incomprehensible to me that Macedo would let this go on with apparently no end in sight. Regardless of right or wrong why would you let your business be dragged through the mud like this? After this debacle can anyone say they would not have second thoughts about using this tuner? It's a small Viper community. I don't get it.

I don't get it, either. All Larry had to do was fix my Viper without continuous excuses and delays and he would be a hero. Everytime he wanted me to make a payment to him I authorized payment the very same day and he was paid in full June 2006. I did not give Larry any excuses or delays in paying him.

S

SUN RA KAT

I have been notified that Larry Macedo will be returning my Viper to me on or before 5:00 PM, Friday, February 2, 2007.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing can be understood without hearing both sides of the story and it doesn't look like is going to happen in this case.

S

SUN RA KAT

My tuner said he would deliver my Viper to me by 5:00 PM this coming Friday, but he hasn't given out any details of when it would be delivered and Friday is just a few days away.

S

SUN RA KAT

Larry has told my lawyer that he is personally delivering my Viper to me sometime before the deadline.

I will be very glad to end this on an upbeat note for both Larry and myself.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the rest of us want this to end too. we are tired of seeing this thread live like you are I'm sure

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Larry and Kenny drove the car together, returned it to it's nest, then went out and tipped a bunch of drinks back together! I'm thinking their heads hurt as much as mine does right now. It's going to be a long day. Happy Superbowl!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given the temp in the midwest right now they may have high tailed it back to warmer climes. I know I would. Can you imagine a test drive in below zero temps!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like we are (hopefully) seeing the end of a seemingly endless story.. I'm very interested to hear some more news.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. Thats dirt.

Kinda hard to clean her off when its 10 Degrees outside...*****, but cmon, how does she run? Isnt that the resolution you want? Adding side-drama to this thread adds no value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235