last year of the gts

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002--The same year they quit making the VIPER. (yes, I'm bored at work on Friday and just trying to start trouble. No disrespect to you Gen 3 guys out there :) )

I will take the #3 breakfast. Could you supersize that please! :ooo:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your welcome in advance

What do I win?

Wrong....sorry. Technically, by saying YWIA *after* providing the answer, you're providing the welcome 'In Arrears'.

I know, it's a nit..I picked it. ;)

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't supersize the #3 breakfast, but you can add bacon :)

Oops, my combo is a #2 (bacon, egg, cheese biscuit w/hashbrown and a milk). With all this talk about food, I'm hungry...and look it's lunch time! I'm outta here, see you people's in an hour :)

after the srt comment, I really want to rib you as much as possible. but I wont. Can you pick me up a #1 with an iced tea and an apple pie. Oh yeah, and supersize it!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ I think he means that the 998 and 999 recalls didn't apply to these years...the re-inforcements came from the factory.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after the srt comment, I really want to rib you as much as possible. but I wont. Can you pick me up a #1 with an iced tea and an apple pie. Oh yeah, and supersize it!

I was just being a troublemaker. No harm intended. A Viper is a Viper whether its 92' to a 2006. But red is faster in every year :)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ I think he means that the 998 and 999 recalls didn't apply to these years...the re-inforcements came from the factory.

Oh, that's it. Certainly true that one should have the recall done on those years to help support the power put out by the heavy duty forged pistons and aggresive cam in the earlier years. Not an issue in 00-02.. :D :2tu:

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't have a '01 or '02 GTS, be sure to have the frame re-welded so it doesn't fall apart on you. Most dealers now have had some pratice welding on vipers so it shouldn't be to bad. ;)

I haven't seen one done wrong in some time. The last one I saw wrong the oil filter was welded in to a box and could not ever be changed or removed. Someone, somewhere has that car!

FYI: I have a pre '01 / '02 non ABS viper.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen one done wrong in some time. The last one I saw wrong the oil filter was welded in to a box and could not ever be changed or removed. Someone, somewhere has that car!

It'd be fun to take that car to Jiffy Lube and watch them try for hours and hours to get the filter off :)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I see I'm not the only one trying to cause trouble today :D

Why not, it's Friday.. :nana:

I was hoping "Inferno" would be reading this thread, he's loves when we mention creampuffs. He goes into spasms... :)

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't belive that a Viper owner with 700 posts and an apparent Dodge enthusiast would not know the answer to that question..........

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was stated earlier that they stopped making vipers in 2002. So how could he own one? He lists a 2006 SRT10... Honda / Toyota?

Just kidding! I'm just throwing stones because my viper doesn't have 500 cubes and 500+ hp! I'm a little green eyed monster!