*** Lockout

Shaggy

Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Let others know about here. This site has never been a pay to post site and over course never will be. Let others know that haven't heard of this site or just forgot about.

lane_viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This really was a surprise to me, I'm a fairly new owner and was members of both sites. I never knew there was such drama over there.

Its hard for me to believe you grow Viper enthusiasm by locking out so many Viper owners.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This really was a surprise to me, I'm a fairly new owner and was members of both sites. I never knew there was such drama over there.

Its hard for me to believe you grow Viper enthusiasm by locking out so many Viper owners.
It depends on what type of enthusiasts you want to attract.

Their leadership values blind fealty. Questioning their motives or methods, especially over the past couple of years, was consistently met with contempt, even for some paying members.

A car club with that much bureaucracy has totally missed the point IMO, and is why I'll never support anything they do from here on. I'm not even sure why I ever did.

Old School

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too was moderately active at that other sight, but now I'm not interested in the product they offer, so here I am....

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I had heard rumors that it sounded like the same problems that happened here several years ago were just repeating themselves there, but they were just that, rumors. Regardless we're happy to offer what we can here.

Generally speaking I think the Viper landscape is just kind of difficult in general anymore. There were so few cars built that they are really kind of niche compared to something like a Corvette or Porsche club, and with them out of production they are even more in the shadows than they used to be (it kind of makes me think of TVR for some reason). It always seemed strange to me that Dodge didn't really seem to market them either. The early gens were way more out there with the Indy 500 pace car, the TV show (love it or hate it, at least it featured the car), the Le Mans and other racing, and just general hype. I've seen almost nothing regarding the gen 3 and on in modern media aside from the typical reviews, but I also didn't really follow Viper stuff that much until I got mine. You'd think with all the track records and stuff they have set that the car would have had more presence and halo status, but even at Mopar car shows (at least around me) the Viper kind of gets shunned. They are all about the classics and the modern muscle and the Viper just has this weird place out in left field.

All of that said, I guess more what I'm getting at is that the "market" for a social club is a harder sell now than I think it ever was before. Not having any real manufacturer backing doesn't make it any easier either. Facebook and other social media platforms help to scratch that itch for a lot of people to allow them to share their cars and experiences without actually having to meet in person like the "offline" days of yore. I think too as the cars get more and more rare people are less and less inclined to drive them as they want to preserve them and keep their values high, so it's even less likely to get big turnouts and shows and events if it's not perfect conditions to get them out. However, this forum will hopefully always be a place where people can come to seek Viper knowledge and comradeship. There is so much historical content and knowhow here that we hope to preserve for as long as possible and to continue to add to, so we welcome all who are interested.

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You Don't.
I was an Enthusiast before I was a member. I became a member because of the help I was given and I wanted to give back. I was a Mamba member for about 8 years. Don't Enthusiasts that spend time helping others and giving valuable write-ups worth something??? All that knowledge transfer will now be gone! I would never renew again if Enthusiasts cant post. They need to smarten up. For me, its principal now.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My regional prez helped me swap transmissions in my garage on Saturday. He's a gearhead too. We talked about the situation and National is desperately trying to leverage forum activity to 'enhance the Member experience' and offset costs. They are really working hard at making and keeping the club financially sound and the forums cost some money. I am generally unmoved. So much emphasis on the magazine - I frankly couldn't give 2 flips about it.

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My regional prez helped me swap transmissions in my garage on Saturday. He's a gearhead too. We talked about the situation and National is desperately trying to leverage forum activity to 'enhance the Member experience' and offset costs. They are really working hard at making and keeping the club financially sound and the forums cost some money. I am generally unmoved. So much emphasis on the magazine - I frankly couldn't give 2 flips about it.
Hey Dean, thanks for the update.
One way (and there are a few) to get people to join is to see the Value in the club and part of that is the forums.
No one there was creative enough to come up with the idea to offer Enthusiasts a free 3 month membership so they can "try before they buy" Again, I was Enthusiasts before I was a member.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "other" other Viper site. One is unabashedly rough around the edges - even in the middle - but there's some solid people and tech there. The "other" site has been great, but recently had some internal financial mismanagement issues and is acting elitist as they try to work their way out of it.

BoremViper97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "other" other Viper site. One is unabashedly rough around the edges - even in the middle - but there's some solid people and tech there. The "other" site has been great, but recently had some internal financial mismanagement issues and is acting elitist as they try to work their way out of it.
Thanks for directly responding but I still don’t know what it is. Can someone private message me?
Why is the other name such a sin here?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It's the other Viper Owner's Club that broke off from the VCA years ago. I'm not sure I agree with the censoring of the name either, but I could go either way on it. Don't exactly want to advertise, but then again it is a bit childish to block their initials all the same.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Perhaps you missed the memo, but "we" were "them." Then "they" became "us." Wash, rinse, repeat the same idiotic mistakes once again...

These clubs are a micro example of what happens when people get access to the cookie jar and try to find inorganic ways to funnel money into the coffers and keep control... kinda like our own government!