Look what happens when you call Jon B on Monday's...outrageous!

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I had my car to Pocono Raceway April 15th and a piece of concrete from a patch in the track tore up the side sill right behind the wheel well.:brick: :curse:It wasn’t terrible but I didn’t think it could be repaired and it is still a street car, so I wanted to get it fixed. I called the dealer and an auto body shop and got sticker shock! :omg:Then I called JonB at Parts Rack on a Monday no less!:eek: That guy had the nerve to offer me this fine piece for more than half off what the body shop and the dealer would have charged.:nana: Man if I had only called on Tuesday who knows what he would have sold it for! :D
A few days later look what was delivered…

You must be registered for see images

I don’t think I have ever seen this much bubble wrap!

2 blankets for even more protection

With the skills of a surgeon I dissect away the plastic and bubble wrap…30mins later I get to what I’m after

Beautiful!! The panel is perfect!
(I couldn’t get the correct white balance with the camera I was using so the color in the picture is off)…but not in person

And then to further show how annoyed he was at me for calling on a Monday and giving me the best deal I could find he sends all these amazing Viper doodads.:2tu:

Jon B Thanks for everything! Great service, price and quality. Parts Rack is a great asset to the Viper community. :headbang:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How DARE you unpack my beautiful Copperhead Side Sill near all those Haz-Mat drums ?
And I forgot to bill you the RENTAL on the crate, NEW blankets and 6 cu ft of bubble wrap......

I hope Python Pete sees this...... we have beautiful painted panels, as new.

THANKS DAVE for a great post, you made my day.......... JonA, as a re-re-repeat customer, shoot me an E mail and we'll get that Tac-Knife to you, but it is larger than it appears...don't HURT yourself........

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a good job on packing. Autoform should take a few notes on that. My Gen 2 sills came in a cardboard box with one wrap of the light bubble wrap, no padding on the ends, and were cracked there. Not worth sending them back to get fixed as they'll just get banged around more, but that crate looks sweet.

I've got a nice collection of Viper goodies from Jon too. Fancy how he always seems to remember what color your car is too. No blue diecast for a red GTS owner...:nono:

:2tu:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a nice collection of Viper goodies from Jon too. Fancy how he always seems to remember what color your car is too. No blue diecast for a red GTS owner...:nono:

:2tu:

I guess I'm on JonB's naugthy list. I got nothing when I ordered Belanger Headers, RT Cats and a Belanger catback from him last spring...not to mention the autoform spoiler and vented cowl...:D I need to be more like Dave I guess.

05CopperHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always had great service with Jon B--even on a Monday. The way I keep banging the bottom of my side sills due to lowering and damn speed bumps, I may need to give you a call soon.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm on JonB's naugthy list. I got nothing when I ordered Belanger Headers, RT Cats and a Belanger catback from him last spring...not to mention the autoform spoiler and vented cowl...:D I need to be more like Dave I guess.

I stand corrected...JonB did give me a cool little Viper pin when I ordered an MGW plate and front license plate bracket...over 2 years ago. :omg:

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope I never need any replacement body panels, but it's a no-brainer as to who I'll be calling if I do!:2tu::2tu:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I stand corrected...JonB did give me a cool little Viper pin when I ordered an MGW plate and front license plate bracket...over 2 years ago. :omg:

Unless you are out WEST, we have a lot of our stuff drop-shipped: Corsa, Tires, AutoForm, Belangers, Forgeline etc. from vendors EAST of us. This gets you stuff faster, with cheaper shipping. It also keeps us from shipping twice, to US then YOU, so prices stay lower.

SO it's not possible to pack doo-dads in the packages we dont ship. [ I tried giving our doo-dads to some manufacturers to insert, but some of it often went missing! ]

The plate bracket, your FIRST order, was the only item we have ever shipped from WA to CT, and it got a freebee-doo-dad with it !

{but do watch your mail}

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you are out WEST, we have a lot of our stuff drop-shipped: Corsa, Tires, AutoForm, Belangers, Forgeline etc. from vendors EAST of us. This gets you stuff faster, with cheaper shipping. It also keeps us from shipping twice, to US then YOU, so prices stay lower.

SO it's not possible to pack doo-dads in the packages we dont ship. [ I tried giving our doo-dads to some manufacturers to insert, but some of it often went missing! ]

The plate bracket, your FIRST order, was the only item we have ever shipped from WA to CT, and it got a freebee-doo-dad with it !

{but do watch your mail}

Yes you're correct, my exhaust and headers were shipped directly from Belanger and I recall you doing that to save me some $$$. Much appreciated. Lou didn't pack any doo-dads just some nice extra bolts and an earful of advice to last 2 lifetimes. My ears are still ringing. :D If it's not too late, if you were going to send me something (thank you but not necessary, I'm just ribbing you here), send it to Dave6666....you two need to kiss and make up. He's not a bad guy, very helpful here and he's special...not the Texas slow kinda special but just special. :2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you're correct, my exhaust and headers were shipped directly from Belanger and I recall you doing that to save me some $$$. Much appreciated. Lou didn't pack any doo-dads just some nice extra bolts and an earful of advice to last 2 lifetimes. My ears are still ringing. :D If it's not too late, if you were going to send me something (thank you but not necessary, I'm just ribbing you here), send it to Dave6666....you two need to kiss and make up. He's not a bad guy, very helpful here and he's special...not the Texas slow kinda special but just special. :2tu:

Watch out for broken bottles in the driveway when you pull up Jon. Another wild one last night. :lmao:

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
its nice to know we have such a great guy here to help...i saw a few years back where jonb helped a guy with a wrecked viper get the right amount from and insurance company that wanted to go with an understated value!! thanks jonb...haven't needed anything, but may need it sometime...you'll be the first i call

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok... What is the story with that side sill? It is painted? Original or what?

Short Version: When the 2007 Viper was cancelled, ASC went out of business.
In their bankruptcy sale, PartsRack purchased over 700 ORIGINAL, NEW Viper panels.
Most were painted OE colors by ASC. We bought them all, a RAINBOW of panels!

The Copperhead panel as Dave posted , is NEW, SURPLUS, FACTORY-PAINTED STOCK, sold to VCA members at less than 50% of the MSRP of PRIMERED service parts.

These are all PAINTED side sills;
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is the LONG VERSION: http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...can-told-partsracks-asc-acquisition-long.html

Last edited:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonA, as a re-re-repeat customer, shoot me an E mail and we'll get that Tac-Knife to you, but it is larger than it appears...don't HURT yourself........

OMG !! ALL HAIL JONB !!!!!

Like Visa or is it American Express: MEMBERSHIP HAS ITS PRIVELEGES.. Jonny boy sent me one of those BAD *** KNIVES, my girfriend actually got it when she arrived home today and she said "Jon its HUGE, the blade alone is 4-5 inches" and then she said "why would someone need that in case you go offroading in your viper and need to cut your way out of the bush or what"

When a non practicle knife confuses a woman, you KNOW its PERFECT!!

Now I'm frantically thinkin about what other things I need to Order from Jon B... WOW... totally impressed over here !! Thanks Jonny Boy !!

Jon

Last edited:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow yeah Jon sure is the man. thanks for the Corsa exhaust and RT High flow cats Jon. Sorry about the CC deal. Anyway they got to Dan in no time and its now installed and I cant wait to hear the sound of it. I really need to get out of this country bad. I bet that knife would help protect me instead of this damn armor I have to wear all the time :omg:

Again way to come through Jon. I will be ordering from you again. Dan may need some more parts from you. The car is coming along good btw. :usa:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow yeah Jon sure is the man. thanks for the Corsa exhaust and RT High flow cats Jon.... they got to Dan in no time and its now installed and I cant wait to hear the sound of it. I really need to get out of this country bad. I bet that knife would help protect me instead of this damn armor I have to wear all the time....

Again way to come through Jon. I will be ordering from you again. Dan may need some more parts from you. The car is coming along good btw. :usa:

Congrats on the WEDDING,..... I sure wish I could get a VIPER BIKE to your Iraq compound...the mail size is too big for APO Mail specs or you would HAVE it.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the WEDDING,..... I sure wish I could get a VIPER BIKE to your Iraq compound...the mail size is too big for APO Mail specs or you would HAVE it.
Thanks Jon. The wedding and honeymoon went great. Sure did not want to come back to this place, thats an understatement. Went from complete paradise(Maui) to hell on earth(Baghdad) :( Anyway September and I am out of this place for good. Than I can enjoy the Snake :drive: Yeah I was really wanting that bike, but its all good. I could use a knife though :dunno: Just kidding man you don't have to. Again thanks for the support Jon. :2tu:

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
its nice to know we have such a great guy here to help...i saw a few years back where jonb helped a guy with a wrecked viper get the right amount from and insurance company that wanted to go with an understated value!! thanks jonb...haven't needed anything, but may need it sometime...you'll be the first i call

Ready When You Are......... we have helped a fair number of customers get actual cost/values from insurance after an incident. We have helped some owners receive many Thou$and$.......

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have ordered from Jon I'd say 15 times or so over the years and 80% (alot on mondays) were phone orders and I have NEVER got the "evil monday Jon" not only that as many of you Jon has talked me out of buying parts I don't need (loses a sale and gains a customer for life)

Jon B keep up the great work at parts rack!!!

P.S. I want that knife too LOL that things cool, looks like I'll have to place an order LOL

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have ordered from Jon I'd say 15 times or so over the years and 80% (alot on mondays) were phone orders and I have NEVER got the "evil monday Jon" not only that as many of you Jon has talked me out of buying parts I don't need (loses a sale and gains a customer for life) Jon B keep up the great work at parts rack!!!

P.S. I want that knife too LOL that things cool, looks like I'll have to place an order LOL

Hey STU ! Thanks for the VERY kind comments.. Call me Monday AM and Ill be MEAN to you! (I dont want you to feel left out)

Your profile is ANONYMOUS as most are, so I cannot determine your tru name. E-ME !
[email protected]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456