Magazines Shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear the magazines continue to trickle in. I am amazed at the disparity in arrival times assuming they were all dropped off a the same time.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got mine today ... North Texas. They're coming, just need to allow the postal service time to get through the weather.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey…got my magazines today too. I found 2 issues inside…am I going to be billed extra for the second one, or is that just some kind of bonus ? : >)

Seriously, I appreciate it every time I get one of these magazines. I am always blown away at the quality that is delivered.

For everybody getting snowed in this week, hope reading these takes you mind off the fact that their Vipers are sequestered in the garage.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thursday Feb 13'th you guessed it, still nothing.

Can someone provide me the contact information for the printer/publisher? It was posted that these were shipped on the 22nd and Nsane said his were post marked 30'th. I am starting to believe these were sent in batches. (if in fact they have all been sent) Print a few cases and take them to the post office, then print some more and send them. There is no way these would be this late with the disparity in shipping if they were mailed at the same time. Catalogs, coupons, shared mail mail have always been sent bulk mail and it never takes this long. Imagine if these were time sensitive coupons for a retailer, this much delay is not acceptable .

It seems no one is willing to or has contacted the printer to question this. Give me the information, I would be glad to ask for postal receipts for when these were delivered to the post office. I do bulk mail for my business and these documents are always provided to document how many and when the pieces were mailed. I would like to see those postal receipts. Has anyone asked for this? I would be glad to follow up if no one else has.

barry488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thursday Feb 13'th you guessed it, still nothing.

Can someone provide me the contact information for the printer/publisher? It was posted that these were shipped on the 22nd and Nsane said his were post marked 30'th. I am starting to believe these were sent in batches. (if in fact they have all been sent) Print a few cases and take them to the post office, then print some more and send them. There is no way these would be this late with the disparity in shipping if they were mailed at the same time. Catalogs, coupons, shared mail mail have always been sent bulk mail and it never takes this long. Imagine if these were time sensitive coupons for a retailer, this much delay is not acceptable .

It seems no one is willing to or has contacted the printer to question this. Give me the information, I would be glad to ask for postal receipts for when these were delivered to the post office. I do bulk mail for my business and these documents are always provided to document how many and when the pieces were mailed. I would like to see those postal receipts. Has anyone asked for this? I would be glad to follow up if no one else has.

Carefull Steve asking questions like that could get you banned. By the way no magazines here either

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No magazines here either, so I got studded snow tires for my Viper instead, so I have something to do this weekend.:omg:

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carefull Steve asking questions like that could get you banned. By the way no magazines here either

No, we have been down that path. I am not doing anything wrong, not making any accusations against the club, or anything against any rules. It appears my problem is with the publisher/printer. the entire staff of the club should be behind my efforts to get to the bottom of this issue. Why would I be in trouble, I am offering to help. I am willing to confront the printer.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on past magazine delayed delivery posts over the years, this is nothing new at all. They go from the PO near the printer to the sorting facility to the local sorting facility to the local post office to the carrier. They can get hung up at any one of those steps. Bulk mail is an abortion. The other problem over the years has been people who moved and did not notify the VCA of an address change.

I am in Florida. The printer is in Florida and I did not get the mags until this week. Probably due to my local sorting facility and/or local P.O. and/or mail carrier.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of the magazines have arrived in my mailbox. Although they were PROMISED by the current board to be in our hands quite some time ago... 3 months ago? My god..why don't you all just dissolve the vca and join the voa? Really, enough of your excuses

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Knuk. What's cookin? You will get your mags. As you can see from above, everyone is. There is a sixth one in the works too that all 2013 members will get. There will be four for 2014. The VCA has a new management company and a new printer. VPA has a new manager. There is a VOI in the works for September per NSane. Dick Winkles spoke at the Central Florida VCA Holiday party. Herb Helbig is still on the Board of VPA. Viper Registry is alive and well and this site is very active.

C'mon. Give the board a litttle credit. They do not control the post office process here or in Canada. Or the weather that allows delivery.

I think that you should renew with the VCA. Then you will be able to participate fully in all of this and some exciting events coming up.

Last edited:

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon. Give the board a litttle credit. They do not control the post office process here or in Canada. Or the weather that allows delivery.

Neither the board, the VCA or the Post office is the issue. I honestly believe the problem lies with the printer. These could not possibly have all been mailed at the same time. Too much disparity in delivery dates.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 2013 member that does not frequent the forums has asked when the 6th and final magazine will be delivered? What should I tell him?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In post number 86 of this thread NSane wrote:

"
icon1.png
Re: Magazines Shipped

I think it was said earlier that these were indeed done by Marshall under his previous commitment, so that's why the address, etc.

As mentioned also, he is no longer involved. There is a 6th magazine, largely completed by Marshall, but we might be going another direction with it.. There are some great articles in this one, but as our "last" magazine to the entire membership from 2013 we might do something a bit more special. Given this fiasco with shipping and printing this time, you will understand if we don't pin a date down, we are working some really cool stuff that will make this a great mag (VOI and another extremely newsworthy event that I am evilly dangling in front of you, which we will announce this month or early in March). Sorry to see not everyone has gotten their mags yet, many are coming in, should be there by end of week per my earlier post. If you don't have by next week, we will need to start investingating with the shippers on what gives."

Please tell your friend to read Nsane's post.​

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I do not spend very much time here any longer so I am not following nor actively reading a 100+ post thread to get the answer.....but I appreciate you pointing it out and will pass it along to the member.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Cant wait to get the magazine, our newest add is included.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to see not everyone has gotten their mags yet, many are coming in, should be there by end of week per my earlier post. If you don't have by next week, we will need to start investingating with the shippers on what gives...

International subscriber still without magazines here.

Status
Not open for further replies.