Man Cave starts (pics)

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That has got to be one of the mose spectacular and functional garages I have ever seen. Congrats on the great work.

Bruce

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well to go along with the hinge piece of the famous Comp Coup that I just won in the Haiti auction, I hope to add this to the man cave as well on Wednesday.

You must be registered for see images

It is a new 2009 GTS Blue ACR. Going in for clear bra before it ever hits the local roads so with that and the weather, I'm sure it will be awhile before I get to play.

V

Venomiss

Well to go along with the hinge piece of the famous Comp Coup that I just won in the Haiti auction, I hope to add this to the man cave as well on Wednesday.

It is a new 2009 GTS Blue ACR. Going in for clear bra before it ever hits the local roads so with that and the weather, I'm sure it will be awhile before I get to play.

Congratulations to you and Amy!

Danno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello been following the progress of your mancave and it looks awesome! I saw your car in person at Woodhouse about a week and a half ago and its beautiful. Enjoy the new ride and it looks like the weather on Wednesday is going to be the best day this week! :D

Reaction score
Dave,

Everything looks AWESOME! hope to get a chance to see it in person someday and crack a beer or five. :headbang:

Oh and by the way your "new edition" will be leaving here shortly this morning. ;)

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mark, anytime you are down this way, call. There is plenty of beer in the fridge (no limit at 5).

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got the driveway done and the car back from having clear bra put on the front, side sills and wing (Thanks Premier in Springfield, it is an amazing job!!). I took a nice 35 mile drive and put the ACR away in the man cave.

The ACR is in the #1 spot

Back view

Rear to front view

Front to rear view of row #1

View from the bar

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Financially I'm doing OK. You're clearly doing more OK.

Way to go!

You've done an incredible job. Very, very nice.

I'm almost done my new garage / shop / mancave and it's only 10% of yours, but I know the hundreds of little details that go into a project like that. It's a lot of effort to make sure everything is just right - and everything in your mancave looks just right.

Good job!

Greg

Recluse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can you elaborate more on the door skins? Do they start as a kit that can be bought, or are they totally custom? What are they made of, and how are they fastened to the doors?

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The door skins are totally custom. The are aluminum panels cut to the exact width and height of each panel of the garage door. I think there are five of them. We had the panels cut at a local shop. We took off each panel of the door and fit the aluminum panel on top. We chose to use the stock mounting holes of the garage door bracket to to mount the skin to the panel. I would have had all of the garage door hardware powder coated had I thought of this prior to installing the garage doors.

After we test fit everything, the artist took the panels to his house (2 hrs away) and set up a giant easel in his shop and started to paint. The paint is a candy red and orange auto paint. I think the paint alone was around $500 and the artist spent about 2 months painting off and on. The weather got quite cold and his shop heat couldn't keep up. He clear coated the panels and buffed them just like a car.

We installed them right on top of the panels and the door works perfectly. We hardly added any weight at all. I cant remember the thickness of the aluminum but they are pretty stiff. I have designs for the next panels but have to let things setting before I send him off on some more painting sabbaticals. I think I put up some other pictures of the doors during the process if you work backwards through this long thread! Please let me know if you need more details.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, today I thought I would document how the driveway approach came out. I instructed the guys prepping the ground that I wanted no more than an 8 degree approach. I saw the blank stare on their faces so it was time I showed them how to do it. They thought they only needed to cut the ground down about 6 inches. I let them do that then showed them just how far they really needed to go. I broke out my 6ft level and my digital gauge. Their approach was between 10 and 12 degrees. Close but I wanted it lowered. What they hadn't thought of yet which I didn't let out of the bag was that the road was a negative 3 degrees so that would make my approach easier but they didn't need to know that yet. They worked a full 8 hours on that approach that they thought they would get done in an hour. In the end, our rough grade was 2-5 degrees and they had dug down between 12 and 18". I also checked with the forms when the guys came to do the concrete. I verified that the forms were around 3-4 degrees. I have no doubt that if I had just told them the drive would be getting dug back up after dragging the ACR up the drive. Here are the shots of me leaving and coming in.

I'm sorry that I didn't measure this distance and the final angle today. Maybe another time. I have plenty of room in the ACR so my my 03 should be good too.

Here I am driving in

That is my blackberry case there so again, I would say I have about 4" of clearance.

We are doing a special tile cleaning process so I had to park the vipers under the lifts.

Here is the hinge piece of the viper that raced the jet that I won in the Hatti relief auction mounted on the wall

Here is the closeup. It is very cool with all of the signatures.

Not sure what else to post at this point. I have documented the entire build process. I have some landscaping and finish the fence but nothing else too exciting. Hope everyone enjoyed.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going for 10,000 views, that is my new goal.

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys who live in the Hinterland have all the fun. That would cost half a million in my neck of the woods...and that's just for the land!

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finished outside pics?

Congrats!!! Unbelieveable, garage! Nice job! You def make the Viper community proud!

V

Venomiss

Looks good enough for a Viper Party now!
Way to go on the completion of the man cave.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude. You are like some sort of man cave god. I bow to you and your shed! :hail: :lmao:

Really, just amazing. Thanks for sharing those pics so that others (like me for example :)) can add those pics to their Man Cave Hope Chest and save them for the day they build theirs!

Very nice, my compliments! You have an amazing garage. You should be proud! Money well spent! :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets