Man jailed after filming himself driving 140 MPH

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
most people hide the video camera when you get pulled over and here in Massachusetts if you video tape a police office on duty its an arrestable offense

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here in Massachusetts if you video tape a police office on duty its an arrestable offense
I believe Iran, North korea, China have that same law. :usa::dunno:

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i doubt the police can use his video as evidence. can they confiscate that without a warrant? if not, then it can't be permissible in court becuase it was obtained without a warrant

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i doubt the police can use his video as evidence. can they confiscate that without a warrant? if not, then it can't be permissible in court becuase it was obtained without a warrant

I wonder if they can since he did post t on an open website. I thought I was going to read in this thread they got him after he posted the video. Would not surprise me. Though the police were going to start scanning videos and issuing tickets lol. All those turnout videos = reckless driving tickets lol.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd be surprised as well. Seems any competent defense lawyer would have a field day with that.

Still doesn't change the fact that the videographer is a dolt.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nope I dont believe that they have thrown out that law, this is a law in a bunch of state and more and more people are being arrested for video taping police officers with their phones

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry fellow Oregonians who live in Portland, but your city is a magnet for weirdos, nut jobs, and idiots. I don't claim it as part of Oregon.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:bandit: Woops, Must remember to hide the Video :rolleyes:

The thing is with stories like this, it sounds as if the guy has committed the most sinful crime of the century.

Now I know there's a speed limit, .......But if the guy was doing these speeds on a busy freeway, fair enough, but if it was totally empty, good visibility etc..... Its not as if you stay at those speeds for very long... Just saying :(

Surely everyone has a bit of fun now and again ;) The thing with this guy was he was dumb enough to tell the Cop he was filming it :rolleyes:

Most of the time I have my fun at the Track, (most) ;)

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of a previous story back in 2007.

:omg: 150 mph OVER the speed limit :drive:

Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Going 219mph | whoisthemonkey.com

219 MPH on the Loop 202 Freeway! [Mesa, Arizona] 65mph speed limit

Man has himself videotaped breaking the speed limit by more than 150 mph!

Media quote: "Arizona DPS really wants to talk to a man who had himself videotaped doing 219 miles-per-hour in his Lamborghini Murcielago on the Loop 202 freeway. The man claims in the video to have broken a speed record for the car."

:dunno:

Life Begins at 219mph

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Media quote: "Arizona DPS really wants to talk to a man who had himself videotaped doing 219 miles-per-hour in his Lamborghini Murcielago on the Loop 202 freeway.

Hey Zen Master :hahaup:

Maybe it was really a case of self defense...

Evading that pesky Border Patrol you got down there :eater::rolaugh::rolaugh:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Zen Master :hahaup:

Evading that pesky Border Patrol you got down there :eater::rolaugh::rolaugh:

well in that case not guilty + immunity and a free pass for his/her ( :D ) family for life + free education, health care.....:drive:

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Zen Master

Evading that pesky Border Patrol you got down there

Coach K, no Zen Master. He lives in LA with the owner's daughter :D

Since the new Arizona law, the illegals are migrating to So-Cal,,,and with them goes half of our Border Patrol officers.

Need new renters? Take your pick: the illegals or the Border Patrol officers? :D

well in that case not guilty + immunity and a free pass for his/her ( :D ) family for life + free education, health care.....

Free education, free health care, free housing assistance, welfare checks, WIX checks, free home robberies, and providing the school kids an adequate supply of drugs.... :eek: :curse:

:hijack:

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, what a dummy, why would you continue to video tape the officer to tell him you want to video the whole procedure including the arrest, wow, just wow...

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I know there's a speed limit, .......But if the guy was doing these speeds on a busy freeway, fair enough, but if it was totally empty, good visibility etc..... Its not as if you stay at those speeds for very long... Just saying :(

Surely everyone has a bit of fun now and again ;) The thing with this guy was he was dumb enough to tell the Cop he was filming it :rolleyes:

Catching real criminals doesn't pay any bills. Not saying the guy wasn't a ******* for admitting he filmed it, but I'm sure there was far worse crimes that day. Hopefully the case gets thrown out for not having a warrant as mentioned above.

Lucid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never ever post online about illegal speeding or driving. On the track it's ok, safe and legal.

People on YouTube and facebook do this all the time, showing the world they broke the law.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe Iran, North korea, China have that same law. :usa::dunno:
...and Illinois, Massachusetts, and Maryland:
Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

Like others have said: You can't fix stupid.
The guy in OR is just plain dumb. Not only on his choice to drive like that on a bad weather day (branches down on the roads), but then to boast about it to the officer.
It's a triple FAIL. Congrats! Few can pull that off without winning a Darwin Award.

The guy in AZ just plain failed the 1D10T test:
- INSANELY rare vehicle, in a true ****** color.
- Street signs not only plainly visible, but also mentioned within the video.
- Made available to the public, which also includes the police.

It probably took the officer longer to make his coffee than it did to find and bust the guy.
- How many Murci's in AZ? 6? 8?
- How many in Phoenix? 3?
- How many are painted an obnoxious color? 2?
Let's run some plates.....

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
140 Mph in a 65 is a petty midomeaner in most states and is excessive speeding. it is most defiently an arrestable offense. once arrested than your vehicle can be searched. no search warrant is needed. how the camera can be used against you im not sure. fruits of the crime perhaps? atleaste were im at its like that

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
140 Mph in a 65 is a petty midomeaner in most states and is excessive speeding. it is most defiently an arrestable offense. once arrested than your vehicle can be searched. no search warrant is needed. how the camera can be used against you im not sure. fruits of the crime perhaps? atleaste were im at its like that

Twister,
Do you think the video you posted could be used against you? I would have the mods take it off the board just in case. :confused:

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It probably took the officer longer to make his coffee than it did to find and bust the guy.
- How many Murci's in AZ? 6? 8?
- How many in Phoenix? 3?
- How many are painted an obnoxious color? 2?
Let's run some plates.....

You must be joking, right?,,,,"6 or 8 in Arizona" "3 in Phoenix"

Dozens of them in Scottsdale.

I've seen 4 different Bugatti Veyrons on the streets here.... How many of those in New Albany or Columbus?

Well,,,maybe Bobby and Graham Rahal own one...:2tu: ;)

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be joking, right?,,,,"6 or 8 in Arizona" "3 in Phoenix"

Dozens of them in Scottsdale.

I've seen 4 different Bugatti Veyrons on the streets here.... How many of those in New Albany or Columbus?

Well,,,maybe Bobby and Graham Rahal own one...:2tu: ;)
My point is:
It's not a Camry or a Taurus.

Even if it's "dozens", maybe it takes the cops TWO cups of coffee to put a list together of possible suspects. Betcha the list fits on a Post-it note.

Hmmm...not sure of any Veyrons in town. There is a nice black SLR though.
All I care about is the F40 just up the road. :D

BTW- Bobby doesn't live here, but Graham does.
And you're correct about him having a Lambo. It's a Gallardo, and I think it's RWD (I'll check on that for ya).

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To convict, they must prove 1-location, 2-offense, 3-venue, 4-identity, 5- time. Unless the vid proves all 5 elements, it will be an acquital.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To convict, they must prove 1-location, 2-offense, 3-venue, 4-identity, 5- time. Unless the vid proves all 5 elements, it will be an acquital.
For the Arizona guy:

1. Overhead and side exit signs shown clearly at several locations.
2. Speed shown on the digital speedometer of the car.
3. Lamborghini dashboard is easily identified.
4. Voice ID (they speak during the video). I don't remember if their faces/bodies were shown.
5. Time is shown on the digital dash as well.

4 out of 5 will probably get you a warrant. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang