Mid-Atlantic VOI Caravan?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Just curious on who is leaving on what day?

I am planning on heading out Wednesday morning, but I
am still on the fence about which bridge to cross. Bridge-
Tunnel is about 30 miles shorter, but I'm inclined to think
Bay Bridge would ultimately be quicker.

Im a hard, fast driver - planning on two (maybe three)
stops over the 9hrs.

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I could leave with you Wednesday but I have to watch my cholesterol.... :2tu:

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To keep this thread going, is anyone else planning to attend VOI and wants to caravan down? I haven't seen much activity from this region about who's going.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leaving Wednesday evening after work. So I will be leaving around 6 pm from the Fredericksburg VA area. I can adjust fire if anyone wants to meet up. I'm guessing getting into Charlotte anywhere from 10-midnight.

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to leave early Thursday morning and caravan down.

Do you want to set a time and location so we can get a caravan going? I'm leaving from the National Harbor/Old Town Alexandria area. I think somewhere near Sterling would work and leave around 7:30am.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you want to set a time and location so we can get a caravan going? I'm leaving from the National Harbor/Old Town Alexandria area. I think somewhere near Sterling would work and leave around 7:30am.

I figured this plan was the best, since it would mean that we should pass Salisbury, NC right around the time that the NC Vipers are leaving ******* Barrel there. We could either meet up with the NC vipers or hope that we see them along the way.

VOI begins on Thursday evening, September 27th. The last Driver's meeting Q&A session (which we need to attend) is at 4pm. There really isn't anything on the schedule before that other than an earlier Q&A meeting. (see http://www.voi12.com/events.html) I plan to depart Northern VA early on Thursday morning so I have time check into my hotel and the event prior to the first driver's meeting / Q&A session.

I'll be departing Burger King on Rt. 3 in Fredericksburg (map) at 8:00am with a single stop for Gas / Lunch about noon (Burlington NC?). I expect to arrive in Concord NC around 2:00pm.

ROUTE MAP

If you want to join me leave a message here, shoot me a PM, or call/txt seven-zero-three 850 seven 847

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I am planning on stopping at ******* Barrel in Salisbury at 1:15pm to meet up with the Carolina group. Their schedule is quoted below.

Several Vipers from central NC will be traveling along I85, and here's the current plan for Thurs 9/27:

10am: Meet at I40 Exit 154 in Mebane NC (the Tanger Outlets exit) at the Sheetz (1237 Mebane Oaks Road, Mebane, NC)
10:15am: Depart Sheetz
11:45am: Arrive at I85 Exit 76 in Salisbury NC at the ******* Barrel for lunch (1070 Freeland Dr, Salisbury, NC)
1:15pm: Depart ******* Barrel for VOI
2pm: Arrive at VOI site (plenty of time for hotel check-in, registration, attending the afternoon driving information session, etc.)

It would be very cool if y'all can meet up with us..

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured this plan was the best, since it would mean that we should pass Salisbury, NC right around the time that the NC Vipers are leaving ******* Barrel there. We could either meet up with the NC vipers or hope that we see them along the way.

Ok, I'm towing so maybe leave earlier? PM me your contact info and we can discuss. Also if anyone wants to PM their info I can start an email list to organize a caravan from the DC area to Fredericksburg.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For everyone coming back on the return trip from VOI, I'm leaving Monday morning and I'm stopping in Lexington, NC to have some North Carolina style barbeque!

The restaurant is:

Bar-B-Q Center
900 North Main Street, Lexington, NC

You must be registered for see images attach

ACR Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slayer-I like your thinking although with everyone focused on VOI you are already thinking about after it's OVER!

I'm planning to leave on Wed, now leaning towards driving rather than trailering the car but plan to leave earlier than BATBOY-would typically take 95/40 but if nobody else is leaving I may head West to try and connect with Ohio caravan near 81/77

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For everyone coming back on the return trip from VOI, I'm leaving Monday morning and I'm stopping in Lexington, NC to have some North Carolina style barbeque!

The restaurant is:

Bar-B-Q Center
900 North Main Street, Lexington, NC

You must be registered for see images attach

Sounds like a plan.... I'm in!

ACR Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperBing, What is the route that you're planning to take Wed? Looks like there may be a few of us leaving earlier on Wed. I'm located just South of Springfield, VA off 95 and could take either 95 to 85 or the more Westerly route down 81 to 77.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: PA members going to VOI
I am planning on meeting up with PaViper and Pa group at Winchester Va on Wed 11:00 am, then down 81 to 77.
then meet up with Ohio group at Fort Chiswell at 3pm and on to NC.
Staying at Wingate.

net meet-up meeting / group ... wherever / whenever..

Sunday regional evening dinner !
Leaving Monday morning back up 77 to 81 to Winchester and Maryand with whoever / group going that way.

Mark - zoomie 443-562-8727 . ready !
Owings Mills, Maryland 21117​

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Bing - Im planning on leaving DE between 6-8am on Wed.
Looking at a straight shot down. Was planning on the
Tunnel, but I can certainly take the Bay Bridge if youre
looking for a wingman.

ViperBing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should be leaving near the crab deck at Kent Narrows at around 9 am. I plan on heading out 50 east than south down 95 to 85. Is there an easy place to meet up on 95 or 85 that is a ways outside of DC area?

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update for the Thursday group: A third Q&A session has been added at 4pm. We can leave from Fredericksburg as planned at 8am.

ACR Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that are still here and leaving Monday morning-there are a few of us (Barry, John & I) who are planning to depart the Viper Parking lot at the Embassy Suites at 10am. Plan is to run up 85 making a stop at Lexington BBQ which is less than an hour up the road for an early BBQ lunch and then continue up 85 to 95N. Curtis indicated that they were going to leave earlier in hopes to miss some of the rain that would cause them to need some towels to deal with the leaks that rain brings.

The radar indicates that we will most likely have some on and off rain most of the way as the leading edge is already up to Richmond.

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
We're leaving tonight in hopes of missing
traffic. You guys be safe!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads