More Progress Towards The 10's In My Mildly Modified 06 Viper - Turned An 11.3 @ 124

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: More Progress Towards The 10's In My Mildly Modified 06 Viper - Turned An 11.3 @

I am going to ask a moderator to close this thread. Nothing else to be gained here except more verbal vomit from 1badgts the wannabee.

I will keep the rest of you guys posted on the progress.

naa, keep it open. All this dribble is entertaining and will be even more entertaining when someone runs 10's on street tires. :)

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: More Progress Towards The 10's In My Mildly Modified 06 Viper - Turned An 11.3 @

Nor does any other magazine editor own the cars he is testing. Woopeeee. Yeah, the pay him to drive these cars for a reason alright - to get a good review in his magazine. Takes a real rocket scientist to figure that out.
More nonsense .John Coletti(HEAD OF FORD SVT ) did not spend over 125 grand (MOVE 15 ENGINEERS and 2 tract trailers full of parts )to have Smith test a prototype FGT for a FAVORABLE review .You really dont know WHAT the hell your talking about.He does his own testing because he one of the very best.Question- why would Ford fly him in to test and colaberate on prototypes (can not even be discussed in his mag )Hey man any time you want to go heads up with him in a car neither one of you have driven let me know.Wait what am i talking about you hide from wagers instead of manning up

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lesson 1: Full headlights costs 2.3 MPH in quarter and parking lights cost about .5 MPH. In my last pass I ran 122.9 with no lights on at all. Makes reading the tach tough but necessary. Trying to rationalize with a guy who said the above just last year

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lesson 1: Full headlights costs 2.3 MPH in quarter and parking lights cost about .5 MPH. In my last pass I ran 122.9 with no lights on at all. Makes reading the tach tough but necessary. Trying to rationalize with a guy who said the above just last year

Regardless of his theory. He proved you wrong and ran the quickest time in a stock GEN III. An e.t. that you said at the time was not possible.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Regardless of his theory. He proved you wrong and ran the quickest time in a stock GEN III. An e.t. that you said at the time was not possible.

Exactly. This entire thread is about a guy trying to reach the 10's in a bolt on Gen III Viper. The point you keep missing is, he's not trying to break any records, the guy is just trying to have a little fun. You come into these threads all bent out of shape and cry and cry about how it's impossible. Let him try and leave it alone! It is common sense that Jamie Furman, or ANY other driver in the world can only run the times they run on a private track, with tons of VHT, and in PERFECT weather conditions. These are all huge factors and can means several 10th's. No one is questioning that it is going to be really tough. But you are comparing your GTS to his SRT-10...two completely different cars and is a pointless argument. The guy isn't close yet, but he is getting there. In my opinion, it will take a couple more boltons and perfect weather, but I also think it can be done if he is in 0 or negative DA and cuts a 1.70...the MPH will go up in colder weather, if he can get a great launch, he can reach the 10's.

Just please leave it alone and let him have fun. Don't you remember getting warned in the other thread?

EDIT: On a side note, please answer me why you can't use the multiquote feature? You are quoting peoples posts more than once...just go back and edit or use the multiquote!

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score

More nonsense .John Coletti(HEAD OF FORD SVT ) did not spend over 125 grand (MOVE 15 ENGINEERS and 2 tract trailers full of parts )to have Smith test a prototype FGT for a FAVORABLE review .You really dont know WHAT the hell your talking about.He does his own testing because he one of the very best.Question- why would Ford fly him in to test and colaberate on prototypes (can not even be discussed in his mag )Hey man any time you want to go heads up with him in a car neither one of you have driven let me know.Wait what am i talking about you hide from wagers instead of manning up

Oh, I guess there was one where he was hired and didn't write a review. So what. A guy hires him to drive is car. Great. He wants to spend alot of money on the test. Again, so what. I don't see him being hired by ANYONE but Ford or Ford vehicles who he writes for. Likewise, those are the vehicles his supposedly holds records for. Interesting coincidence. Apparently, Chevy, Dodge, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Jaguar, Mazerati,....... shall I go on - don't hire him. Apparently, these other manufacturers don't quite have the ******* for him you and Ford do. These other manufacturers must all be idiots and have no idea they have passed over the god of all drivers in their testing. Lol.

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Don't ever use the word rationalize in your threads. It is unbecoming since you have no understanding of the word and have failed to address any of the facts and arguments repeatedly made by me and many others in this thread.

Moreover, trying to find an explanation and theory for why a car looses power when all other things remain the same is hardly irrational. I may have been wrong, I may not have. I never spent the additional time to find out. A 140 amp alternator does draw horsepower and so much so that most pure race cars don't even run one because they DON'T want it coming on in the middle of the run and costing power. I guess all those racers agree with me and acknowledge an alternator costs horsepower, but you the genius can't see it. What a surprise.

And like Ray W. has pointed out it doesn't change a thing on the times, records, or 60 foot times I have run. So shove it.

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Oh, I guess there was one where he was hired and didn't write a review. So what. A guy hires him to drive is car. Great. He wants to spend alot of money on the test. Again, so what. I don't see him being hired by ANYONE but Ford or Ford vehicles who he writes for. Likewise, those are the vehicles his supposedly holds records for. Interesting coincidence. Apparently, Chevy, Dodge, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Jaguar, Mazerati,....... shall I go on - don't hire him. Apparently, these other manufacturers don't quite have the ******* for him you and Ford do. These other manufacturers must all be idiots and have no idea they have passed over the god of all drivers in their testing. Lol.

Woops I forgot, the same god driver who doesn't appear to hold a SINGLE current Viper or Corvette record on street tires.

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Would really be nice 1badgts if you could actually come up with some new material since we have all heard til we can puke your same ad nauseum on John Coletti, Evan Smith, blah, blah, blah.

Meanwhile, me and others like Dragonrider, Ray W., 1fast400, nineball, etc. are actually driving our vipers and breaking new ground and running times and 60 foots that haven't been done before. Novel concept. Spare us the rehash of your antique GTS from 11 years ago and your driver evaluations that are about as old.

The goal of this thread is to quantify my efforts toward a hopeful 10 and to shed some light on the process on the way. I will keep doing that. I am done with you and your idiotic, moronic statements based on anything but facts from a guy that doesn't own or drive a viper and when he did was mediocre at best and had to hire someone else to drive it. I think that pretty much says it all.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know its just some guy who hired him because he wants to spend his money .The guy happened to be the FATHER OF THE FORD GT and head of SVO google HIS NAME IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly. This entire thread is about a guy trying to reach the 10's in a bolt on Gen III Viper. The point you keep missing is, he's not trying to break any records, the guy is just trying to have a little fun. You come into these threads all bent out of shape and cry and cry about how it's impossible. Let him try and leave it alone! It is common sense that Jamie Furman, or ANY other driver in the world can only run the times they run on a private track, with tons of VHT, and in PERFECT weather conditions. These are all huge factors and can means several 10th's. No one is questioning that it is going to be really tough. But you are comparing your GTS to his SRT-10...two completely different cars and is a pointless argument. The guy isn't close yet, but he is getting there. In my opinion, it will take a couple more boltons and perfect weather, but I also think it can be done if he is in 0 or negative DA and cuts a 1.70...the MPH will go up in colder weather, if he can get a great launch, he can reach the 10's.

Just please leave it alone and let him have fun. Don't you remember getting warned in the other thread?

EDIT: On a side note, please answer me why you can't use the multiquote feature? You are quoting peoples posts more than once...just go back and edit or use the multiquote!
It all goes back to the horsepower factor (hence the comparasion )s Jamie (a much better driver than Speedfreak ever hopes to be )had a VERY HARD TIME getting 10s in a minus 600 foot da with a ton more power than this guy is making (look at the trap speeds of both cars )

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Woops I forgot, the same god driver who doesn't appear to hold a SINGLE current Viper or Corvette record on street tires.
You also FORGOT to accept my bet

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i never said impossible running mid 11s ,A 10 SECOND PASS ONLY TRAPPING IN THE MID 120S IN A VIPER (street tires) different matter

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He was responsible, as manager of that company's Special Vehicle Team (SVT) group, for a number of special performance cars in the 1990s and 2000s, including the Ford Focus SVT, SVT Contour, Ford F-150 Lightning, and the Ford Mustang Cobra. He later spearheaded development and production planning of the Shelby GT500 Mustang and Ford GT supercar. Just some guy who had nothing better to do with jis money.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ryan ranger can't hold a candle to Evan.

That guy is amazing and has been for almost two decades. All kinds of platforms, first time driving them.

Ranger makes a million passes in own car, eventually gets some great passes and the vette guys worship him. Everytime I ran into him at the track I couldn't stand him. No speedfreak says hes better

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i never said impossible running mid 11s ,A 10 SECOND PASS ONLY TRAPPING IN THE MID 120S IN A VIPER (street tires) different matter

Actually you did say it. I am not going to search my Sunday away looking for it. It went somewhere along the line of "no stock GEN III has ever ran a quicker time than a stock GEN II".

Since that statement Speedfreak has been there done that.

I think he knows how to get into the 10's and it won't cost 40K.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

That guy is amazing and has been for almost two decades. All kinds of platforms, first time driving them.

Ranger makes a million passes in own car, eventually gets some great passes and the vette guys worship him. Everytime I ran into him at the track I couldn't stand him. No speedfreak says hes better

Wow now you plagiarize my old posts as well? You really are a ****. Don't ever cut and paste a remark I made and try to pass it off as your own. You are complete ****.

Once again I will remind you that I went faster than Evan did in a C5 Z06 with the 385 horse motor compared to his 405 hp version. I had less than 20 passes on that car.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow now you plagiarize my old posts as well? You really are a ****. Don't ever cut and paste a remark I made and try to pass it off as your own. You are complete ****.

You must be registered for see images

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It all goes back to the horsepower factor (hence the comparasion )s Jamie (a much better driver than Speedfreak ever hopes to be )had a VERY HARD TIME getting 10s in a minus 600 foot da with a ton more power than this guy is making (look at the trap speeds of both cars )

What is Jamie's fastest '60 in a Gen III?

Got a question. If this guy is running an 11.3@124 with 1500 DA, what, in your expert opinion, would he run on a better prepped track with -600 DA? Keep in mind, traction will be better and the DA would be a 2100 FT drop. What would his 11.3@124 be in your opinion?

Personally, I think that he would pick up two tenths and run an 11.1@ a high 126 or low 127 based on the vast improvement in track conditions and DA.

But I want to know what you think he would run.

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score

He was responsible, as manager of that company's Special Vehicle Team (SVT) group, for a number of special performance cars in the 1990s and 2000s, including the Ford Focus SVT, SVT Contour, Ford F-150 Lightning, and the Ford Mustang Cobra. He later spearheaded development and production planning of the Shelby GT500 Mustang and Ford GT supercar. Just some guy who had nothing better to do with jis money.

Once again you couldn't address the facts if they kicked you in the teeth. I am still waiting to here why the 20 other manufacturers don't hire Smith and only the Ford guys do? Don't have an answer for that do you? Guess is must be he edits a ford magazine and ford likes him. Doesn't prove ****** and if he is SOOOOOOOOOO GREAAAAAATTTTT I am still waiting for him to own a viper or vette record on street tires. You are so pathetic. Better yet get him down to e town and see if he can beat my 11.3 at 124 in a viper with similar mods. I will get old and gray waiting for that.

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have never said ranger is a better driver than furman. Never. I guess plagerizing Flatout wasn't enough for you so you started making up things I said in your futile attempt to rationalize your babble.

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score

No it has NOTHING to do with the horsepower factor. It has to do with 60 foot time and traction you idiot. Furman is a much better driver than I ever hope to be? Really. He is a great driver but he has never run my numbers in a Gen III, nor my 60 foot times in a Gen IV so I would say I do o.k. Moreover, I don't own the stable of cars Jamie does and have the ability to drive them whenever I want so it is a hollow comparison.

And he doesn't have a ton more power. Ray Ws Gen IV was trapping the same thing I was at 125. His car was hot and mine wasn't but I trapped a 124.3 and a 125. He ran several 125s, so there isn't a big difference. So you are wrong again. It is maybe 20 to 30 horsepower at the wheels in similar conditions.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gen3's have more low end grunt then the gen4's..I think a bolt on gen3 at 510 rwhp will trapp similar to a stock 540 rwhp gen4. Both in the 125-130 mph range...

Also DMAN trapped 126 mph in a gen3 with just a few bolt ons..intake exhaust and tune If I remember correctly..

No doubt in good weather Speedfreak is gonna amaze us all...Good luck

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Enough power to beat anybody the car ever raced in the VCA MOPAR nat format.Enough power to trap 132 NA pump gas on motor alone running stock tires. Enough to make the cover and be selected as one of the fastest true street cars out there .Do the math thats 600 plus to the tire fast even now .Its funny you comment on everything but Smith (not even owning a Gen 4) BEAT YOUR BEST TIME and FURMAN EASILY OBLITERATED YOUR BEST TIME (whats he like half a second faster than you ever ran )

Oh my lord, 600+ ?!?!?! :lmao: I guess my bone stock Viper making 560whp is a big deal too? :rolaugh:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UhlvfRczWI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

If you want to compare me to the great Evan Smith, ok. He ran an 11.3 which is supposed to be the best stock Gen IV pass (according to you, since Evan is well, the best driver EVAR). I really wouldn't be nutswinging over an 11.3 with a 1.7 60'. Especially with my 11.46 and a 2.0 60'. I doubt, my car will run worse than an 11.46 with a 1.7 60'.

Furman ran in 40F weather with a -915 DA. Ask Furman to find a stock Viper and go run when it's 90F outside in 3000 DA, and report back to me what he runs. Looks like he went from a 10.98 in his Z06 with most runs in the 11.6-11.7 range (with a best of 11.42). My 11.46 was in 90F conditions, so it looks like we are on the same page.

I'm also curious what Jamie's car and your Gen IV dyno'd. We've seen a wide range of dyno numbers on all the Gen IV's in Dallas, so what makes you think your old Gen IV was even running good at all? For all we know, you had a POS Gen IV making 500 rwhp, and Evan really did the best he could with your Price is Right prize car.

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Oh my lord, 600+ ?!?!?! :lmao: I guess my bone stock Viper making 560whp is a big deal too? :rolaugh:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UhlvfRczWI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

If you want to compare me to the great Evan Smith, ok. He ran an 11.3 which is supposed to be the best stock Gen IV pass (according to you, since Evan is well, the best driver EVAR). I really wouldn't be nutswinging over an 11.3 with a 1.7 60'. Especially with my 11.46 and a 2.0 60'. I doubt, my car will run worse than an 11.46 with a 1.7 60'.

Furman ran in 40F weather with a -915 DA. Ask Furman to find a stock Viper and go run when it's 90F outside in 3000 DA, and report back to me what he runs. Looks like he went from a 10.98 in his Z06 with most runs in the 11.6-11.7 range (with a best of 11.42). My 11.46 was in 90F conditions, so it looks like we are on the same page.

I'm also curious what Jamie's car and your Gen IV dyno'd. We've seen a wide range of dyno numbers on all the Gen IV's in Dallas, so what makes you think your old Gen IV was even running good at all? For all we know, you had a POS Gen IV making 500 rwhp, and Evan really did the best he could with your Price is Right prize car.

Good point, and, uh, didn't I just run an 11.3 in 1500 DA in a lowly Gen III with a couple of bolt ons and a tune. Makes that Smith Gen IV run look REALLY impressive.

If you ran 11.46 in 90F you are probably darn close to a 10 also with the right weather, track prep and 60 foot.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good point, and, uh, didn't I just run an 11.3 in 1500 DA in a lowly Gen III with a couple of bolt ons and a tune. Makes that Smith Gen IV run look REALLY impressive.

If you ran 11.46 in 90F you are probably darn close to a 10 also with the right weather, track prep and 60 foot.

Blasphemy!! Only the great Evan Smith can drive a Viper faster than 11.3 on street tires.

:rolleyes:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually you did say it. I am not going to search my Sunday away looking for it. It went somewhere along the line of "no stock GEN III has ever ran a quicker time than a stock GEN II".

Since that statement Speedfreak has been there done that.

I think he knows how to get into the 10's and it won't cost 40K.
Hes NOT STOCK he modded.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

First of all REMEMBER its your car you drive it Smith never so much as sat in a Gen 4 afew times down the track and he beats your best run (in ANY DA you choose Furman or Smith can beat almost anyone out there .You guys are so damn sure you could run 10s in a sea level track MAN up AND TAKE MY BET )As far as a meaningless RWHP NUMBER again that DA crap is a crutch A trap speed is the best hp barometer INTERESTINGLY though Jamie ran in a minus 900 ft DA and Evan ran in a pos 600 foot da both cars trapped about the same

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Nice your just going to pretend that you didn't try to pass off my comments as your own.

If you **** as bad at driving your vehicles as your are at the interweb than no wonder you see Evan as a God LMAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456