motons

cobrapilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had motons installed by Woodhouse. I am shocked at the difference! It is now a great ride. I had my doubts, but everything Bill P. said was true. They are well worth the money. Where I first noticed it was on some of our crap roads here when the Viper didn't dart all over the road. It is a one hand car now when cruising. Has anyone else noticed all this? Definately helped the wheel hop too.
Thanks Bill!

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just had Woodhouse put Motons on my Viper and I am very happy. The car rides/handles much better and it sits around an inch lower. I initially hesitated because of the cost but Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse told me they were worth it and he was right. The Woodhouse people do great work and are first class all the way.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cobrapilot, I've had my motons on for about 6 months now and I wouldn't have it any other way. Hopefully you got the springs as well as the motons. I would advise anyone who is looking for a better riding as well as a better handling car to go with the motons. The wheel hop is vertially elemented. I also went with a set of 3:55 gears and I can't believe how much more alive my snake really is now....Enjoy!!!!

OP
OP
C

cobrapilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I also got the Eichbach springs with the Motons.
And the Paxton.
And the racelogic.
And more.

Yea, I got the bug.....

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark - Mark Mentioned the helpers should be in next week and will call me when they ship.

I am really excited about the upgrade as well as the look. The stock height really needs some help...

3_13_2007_005.jpg

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree, Nader. That wheelwell space needs to be done away with. It eliminates the 4x4 appearance.

It sounds weird, but kind of like it that the car didn't have them from the getgo. Adding the Motons will make me appreciate them more, as I did not know what to expect from a factory ride. I can hardly wait.

OP
OP
C

cobrapilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know why the Viper is so high in the first place? Someone told me it was a Federal thing. So much ramp percent grade and headlight height etc. Anyone know the real reason?

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would think that people would complain about bottoming out and hitting stuff, because the majority of people don't take care of their vehicle and would whine because it is "too low".

It's the same about factory paintjobs. If every car maker put a mirror-shine on their cars, the manufacturers would be getting tons of complaints stating that the paint is easy to scratch or it shows swirl marks, etc. That is why there is factory orange peel. Some people do not know how to maintain their vehicles.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stock Viper just clears the parking curbs. I believe the factory is rightfully concerned if too many customers damage their bumpers parking normally and come after them with expensive bodywork warranty claims.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Motons are a BIG upgrade over stock.

I hope DC offers some suspension upgrades on the 2008 or 2009 car.