My smashed viper

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, it happened to me. Thanksgiving night I was dropping off a friend from a dinner party and just as I got back into my car, a drunk driver slammed into my parked Final Edition. I think it is totaled. Insurance has not sent anyone out yet, at my request because I don't want my car evaluated and/or appraised by someone who doesn't know vipers or know what a Final Edition is. I'm a little afraid of getting screwed. What would you guys do and who would you go to in Los Angeles to have the car looked at? I love that car but am pretty certain that the frame is bent. I can't imagine being happy with it patched together again and the loss in value would certainly be a big hit.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, it happened to me. Thanksgiving night I was dropping off a friend from a dinner party and just as I got back into my car, a drunk driver slammed into my parked Final Edition. I think it is totaled. Insurance has not sent anyone out yet, at my request because I don't want my car evaluated and/or appraised by someone who doesn't know vipers or know what a Final Edition is. I'm a little afraid of getting screwed. What would you guys do and who would you go to in Los Angeles to have the car looked at? I love that car but am pretty certain that the frame is bent. I can't imagine being happy with it patched together again and the loss in value would certainly be a big hit.

hope no one hurt (in your car)

and the insurance works out for you

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that. When I had an accident with mine I called Jon B at partsrack and he talked me through what to do. He basically said go online and get a range of prices from other Final Editions available. The insurance company is going to offer you NADA value on the car and this is the point where you reference them to big dealers such as BJ Motors about the value of vipers. My insurance company actually called parts rack to find out the information about my year, color scheme, and installed items on my car to come up with a quote that I was definitely happy with. Its worth the 5 minutes to call him.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you use the search feature u will find plenty of threads on this very issue. JonB wealth of information, Dan Craigan might be able to take a look at your car (DC Performance), BJ Motors (Bernie Katz), there is a company in California that specializes in selling vipers also.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss - lately they die like flies...:dead:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon not only has great prices and service, but he's helped dozens of owners through your exact circumstance. He's remarkably experienced with recovering appropriate value. CALL HIM!!!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd also call Marv Rose at dodgevipersforsale.com. He is in Fresno and is very knowledgable about Vipers. I'm sure he would help you. He has that one of a kind McLaren Diamond Viper that was raffled off last year for sale. His numbers are: 559-226-3500 (Office) and 559-917-7165 (Cell). Good luck.5559-917-716559-917-7165

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, been wondering where you were at?! That's terrible news, hope you are okay. I notice a lot of people above are giving the long-standard advice about going to various dealers to get numbers, but I'll offer a different suggestion based on some of my research as of late. Due to the recent economy, Viper prices have dropped a lot lately, and the price guides may well be too slowly updated to take this into account, and may actually offer higher prices than present dealers. So I would suggest getting those numbers as well, to compare, because you might find yourself happy with the price guide number and be able to buy a replacement cheaper and pocket the difference.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also call Bill Pemberton @ Woodhouse and see if he has any advice for you. They sell a lot of Vipers.

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B has helped virtually everyone in that circumstances in part because the insurance companies work with him if you need to fix anything so they all already know him and will call him even if you didn't realize it. He is a huge asset to the community.

So sorry to hear about your news and good luck with your next snake :drive:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, been wondering where you were at?! That's terrible news, hope you are okay. I notice a lot of people above are giving the long-standard advice about going to various dealers to get numbers, but I'll offer a different suggestion based on some of my research as of late. Due to the recent economy, Viper prices have dropped a lot lately, and the price guides may well be too slowly updated to take this into account, and may actually offer higher prices than present dealers. So I would suggest getting those numbers as well, to compare, because you might find yourself happy with the price guide number and be able to buy a replacement cheaper and pocket the difference.

That's actually a pretty good idea. Look at both angles presented here and go with the one that provides the most compensation. It's always worth the few minutes you spend to make sure you get a good deal from the insurance company.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Due to the recent economy, Viper prices have dropped a lot lately, and the price guides may well be too slowly updated to take this into account, and may actually offer higher prices than present dealers. So I would suggest getting those numbers as well, to compare, because you might find yourself happy with the price guide number and be able to buy a replacement cheaper and pocket the difference.

Prices are based on 10,000 miles but I have no idea what the car had.:dunno:

Edmunds
Trade in: 41,088 :rolleyes:
Dealer retail: 47,098 :rolleyes:

NADA
Low: 45,900 :2tu:
Avg: 52,400 :headbang:
High: 62,100 :omg:

KBB :confused:
Trade in: 32,950 :lmao:
Private party: 36,015 :lmao:
Dealer: 42,015 :lmao:

OP
OP
M

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I talked to Jon B a few times this morning. He has sold me parts to both my vipers, and now helping me out after they are gone. He has been a big help so far.

If I get another viper, I'll be sure to keep going to him for parts. Now, where could I find an 08-09 coupe, red with white stripes being sold for a song? Not possible I'm guessing...

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Due! So sorry for you!

What is with the wrecks lately.......:dunno:

Good luck with the insurance and be sure to get another Viper!

Robert

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great dealership, bought my Viper from them and received ouitstanding service:2tu:

I'd also call Marv Rose at dodgevipersforsale.com. He is in Fresno and is very knowledgable about Vipers. I'm sure he would help you. He has that one of a kind McLaren Diamond Viper that was raffled off last year for sale. His numbers are: 559-226-3500 (Office) and 559-917-7165 (Cell). Good luck.5559-917-716559-917-7165

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the car, glad you weren't hurt. Just wondering what you did with the drunk; as I could think of a few things? and was he or she hurt?

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I talked to Jon B a few times this morning. He has sold me parts to both my vipers, and now helping me out after they are gone. He has been a big help so far.

If I get another viper, I'll be sure to keep going to him for parts. Now, where could I find an 08-09 coupe, red with white stripes being sold for a song? Not possible I'm guessing...

Depends on the red. If you want Venom Red w/ white stripes, you have a chance at getting a great price. If you are looking at a Viper red w/ white stripes then you're out of luck, because they didn't (and won't) make any in that combo.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Just advertised in VCA classifieds is a NICE 06 Red/Silver coupe; 08 Hood, Under $58k. Custom, tapered bright-silver stripes can be mistaken for white. SOCAL !!!!

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/620904-06-coupe-needs-good-home.html

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who's your insurance? My wifes car was recently totaled and they gave her full market value including registration, sales tax etc. It was a no hassle process, and I felt was very good pricing. Mercury was the insurance company. I was actually really worried that they would low ball us, especially because the at fault driver had no insurance (a very common occurence in California :mad:).

OP
OP
M

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the car, glad you weren't hurt. Just wondering what you did with the drunk; as I could think of a few things? and was he or she hurt?

I jumped out of the car with a surge of adrenalin and ready to rip someone's head off. When I got to the other car which was full of smoke from the airbags, the door slowly opened, I clenched my fists ready to pounce, and through the smoke a 29-30 year old girl emerged (my age, and pretty hot lol) I asked if she was alright, without saying a word, she fell back into the car. I called the cops at that moment.

Once my adrenalin started to wear off, my back and neck started to hurt. By the next day I figured I had better get checked out. Perhaps I should have gone away with the ambulance, I don't know. I was able to walk around fine so it seemed silly. Now my back spasms pretty bad if I do pretty much anything. I have a few prescriptions that I take which seem to really help with that and the general pain, but they leave me a bit of a mess, unable to drive and working from home is just a mess as it is hard to concentrate.

I'm a pretty good sized guy (230 lbs) and an avid weight lifter which I think really kept me from getting more messed up. I just feel like a wuss for having to take it so easy but the moment I move quick, wham, my back starts to spasm. The Dr. said I won't be lifting weights for a while which is really tough for me. I rely on the gym to get out everything that I need to get out. I am really stir crazy right now and basically home bound. I thought my meds wore off this afternoon and I ran out to get some food at the store. I realized I started to feel kinda like I shouldn't be driving and God forbid I actually cause an accident. So now I'm gonna have to take care of things I need to do before I take the meds in the morning. I had a friend who offered to run errands for me so I might have to take her up on that.

***** about the viper red with white stripe combo on the Gen IV. The FE was my baby and it crushed me to lose it. In fact, the night of the crash, some friends at the dinner party I was at were joking about how protective I was of it. I almost feel like I couldn't get another FE so I was hoping to get a new viper in the same paint scheme. I'm just going to have to give it soem time maybe. I shouldn't be attached to something that is inanimate. Maybe it's the meds but I doubt it.

OP
OP
M

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2434hollywoodhills_0021_small.jpg

2434hollywoodhills_0019small.jpg

2434willowsprings.jpg

You must be registered for see images

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy for me to say, but you will find another one. I found another car exactly like mine (ACR, steel grey built the SAME day) after mine was totaled.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drunk Driver eh...not much else would piss me off more...

A stone cold sober ******* might! Happened to me back during a college summer, at a friend's house and hear a loud crash outside. The group of us went to investigate, finding my car totalled by another guy we had gone to high school with?! He had dropped his pack of cigs, leaned over to grab them (and apparently swerved over some), came back up, saw the car, and attempted to slam on brakes, but instead hit the gas?!

OP
OP
M

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stupidity ****** me off. People just take driving for granted, running red lights, texting, on the phone, putting on makeup.... If you are driving, that should be what you are doing, driving.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are you feeling? Have you seen the Docs yet? Does your car insurance cover you for medical? Just wondered how it works over there? You can always get another car, its yourself you need to look after ;)

:uk:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang