New Viper Owner Experiance.

jayskills

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I've had my 99' Viper (Red with white stripes) for only about 3 weeks, but only driven it around 20 times, So far the Viper has received about 1,000 head-turns. 90% of drivers stare at the car in amazement and if I'm parked at a light...I feel like I"m in a zoo. People are always taking pictures with there cell phones...even on the highway...lol. I get alot of random honks, thumbs ups, waves, smiles...and I can't count the times I've seen young guys jaws literally drop when I go by. I took my car out late at night and girls flock to the car and give me all sorts of compliments. I"m only 26 and I'm a pretty handsome guy...all this attention makes my wife so jealous. Kids always want to take myspace pictures so I let them get in the car...and I take the picture for them. I was once stopped by 3 men wearing Tuxedos on there way to a weeding - the groom wanted me to drive him to the event! He thought it would be so cool to show up in a Viper in front of all his friends (he was 21). Unfortunately, I couldn't for personal reasons.

Now on to the more important stuff for those interested.

Pros;
It's a man car...it's loud, it rumbles...it goes fast.

Cons;
This thing is a gas guzzler!
It has a couple of blind spots.
It sits very low and I'm scared I'm going to curb it one day. The car is deceptively long and wide! hard to see the front.
It's hot, but if you have the top off it's not bad.
Repairs are expensive! I had to teach a mechanic how to open my hood and oil change cost me $100 at a dealership. Tires and brakes are above average.

Now it may seem the Cons outweigh the pros, but it doesn't the car is completely worth it......it's exclusive...I have only seen one in my lifetime and many people haven't even seen one. I could have got a corvette, camaro, mustang but everybody has these down here...it was more important for me to be different. I don't require attention...but this is not my main car...(It's my #3) and when I want to be different...it does the job.

This is just my experience....just sharing.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats! It might be said that many of your suggested "cons" are a part of why a Viper is so "exclusive". With regard to repairs, you need to find the "right" dealer/mechanic in your area.

1. Join the VCA.
  2. Meet your local region members and get all the answers you'll need.

OP
OP
J

jayskills

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nope still learning how to drive the thing, I've heard most owners don't own it for more then 2 months.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard most owners don't own it for more then 2 months.

HUH? :dunno:

If you are talking about new owners crashing it because they can't handle it or are unaware of its power, yes. I still wouldn't say "most" though.

Just be careful and keep a straight head.

V

Venomiss

October 1st for newbies.
If you are a new member just joining the Viper Club of America(VCA) you get the rest of 09 and all of 2010 for the year price.
Here is how:New Viper owner? Time to join the VCA!

Join by today October 2nd and be eligible for purchasing raffle tickets for the Bob Lutz Viper.
What a great Halloween treat to win.

lutz2.jpg

For VCA members the tickets are on sale until October 16th.

DeLViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
October 1st for newbies.
If you are a new member just joining the Viper Club of America(VCA) you get the rest of 09 and all of 2010 for the year price.
Here is how:New Viper owner? Time to join the VCA!

Join by today October 2nd and be eligible for purchasing raffle tickets for the Bob Lutz Viper.
What a great Halloween treat to win.

lutz2.jpg

For VCA members the tickets are on sale until October 16th.

I might as well sign up..........:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62